Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boots In The Field Nominations For The First Quarter 2012

Well all thing considered, I agree with the outdoor boots in the feild ting....didn't mean to cause a stir, just wondering.....
    I vote, out side activities only?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I guess it's hard to put the genie back in the bottle. We'll stick to Sourdough's original intent of
    Quality first hand actual field event and the documentation and reporting of said field event. It could be someone's field trip, or someone's first hand creating or building something. The person has to have done it.

Examples are: Blue Tarp Amy's Lost in Alaska for 11 days. Another would be Mac's field trips with his students, or just a friend. It could also include many of Crash's threads on knife building. Or Alaskan Survivalist thread on basic pole structures. It could be someones garden thread or a tutorial on raising chickens or goat or monkeys.
    I remember a good thread several years ago where someone went out on snowshoes into the wilderness, built a debris shelter, and spent the night. I want to encourage people to "Just Do'it" and report on what worked and what failed to work.
    Members can vote for what inspires them the most.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bump.......
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel