Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damper ?

They have a noodle cup,I think made by the same people?..... everything in the cup just hot add water....or micro wave if at home.
    Kept a bunch of the at "The Place" as they didn't freeze, and made a good lunch with some cheese crackers.

So during deer season I stopped for lunch made up a cup and started eating it...was a shrimp/noodle soup....noticed that the shrimp came back to life as they were swimming around in it.....?

I guess storing them for 5 -6 (?) years isn't always a good thing?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Those weren't shrimp. They were the little seahorses you used to be able to order out of the back of Popular Mechanics or TV Guide.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We call those Sea Monkeys. When i was a kid, you could buy them as pets .

It was one of those.........Hummmm moments.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Krat to the rescue with historical information.

If hard tack is the main fodder you are right in there with all the armies of the world up to WW1. Hard tack and canned, salted or dried meat was the standard fodder on the march. Each soldier was issued a pound of hard tack a day when on the road.

They also died in droves due to lowered resistance and vitimin deficiency. WW2 was the first war in history where more people died in combat than from disease.

During the Warsaw rising in WW@ the Jewish doctors kept precise records of the calories needed to keep folk alive by recording how long it took each person in their care to die. an entire community was being systematically starved to death. They were documenting conditions to hold folk accountable after the war. According to their records an individual that is 20 pounds overweight and can obtain at least 500 calories a day will last an average of 6-8 MONTHS.

Even a person of normal weight, and few of us are, will not surcumb to starvation in less than 3 weeks. Most would make it for a month and still be capable of moving around. Last September I began a strict diet and have subsisted on 1200 daily calories for the past 7 months and I am chopping wood and mowing grass alongside the best old geezers out there. 20 more pounds and I will be back on the height weight chart again.(50 gone so far)

Being hungry is an unpleasant sensation, but is not life threatening! After the first week the sinsation leaves and your body alters your metabilism and weight loss slows dramatically. Just because you THINK you are starving does not mean you are starving and just because you missed a day of food, or a week of food, does not mean your life is in danger.

Now the next thing spoken will be "that does not count under stress or an active condition."

Do the math. If you are 20 pounds overweight and it requires 3000 calories to maintain a pound if you burn a pound of fat a day you are good for 20 days before you hit NORMAL weight, if you do not eat a bite of food. You have to hike for 10 miles to burn 3000 calories. Normal outdoor work load and calorie burn is not as heavy as most people think it is. We are not talking a bout a 70 pound combat load (BTW Ranger School restricts calorie intake to 1,000-1200 per day under extreme stress for two months). We are talking a 30-40 pound ultralight backpacking senerio with no real preasure other than making it from one campsite to the next.

Personally, I would not try to live on hard tack, fried dough or wallpaper paste. In this day and time we have too many nutritious lightweight foods that will keep your body operating as it should. Dehydrated soups, jerky, freeze dried meals and the ever needed daily vitimin pill. Flour/water/salt is a needless extreme.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Great post Krat 2 thumbs up. Cheers Peter