Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I Plan to do With My Mega Millions

Default What I Plan to do With My Mega Millions

I normally don't play the lottery but for 600+ million I figured I could violate my own rules even if the odds are 1 in 176 million. I know, I know, I have better odds of being struck by lightening twice AND having Angelina Jolie want to have my baby than I do winning but (shrug). Here's what I plan to do with all that money and probably in the order I'll do it.

1. Hire an attorney to represent me and collect the money. I won't collect it in my name. Oh, no. It will have to be a corporation or a trust. He can have his mug on the tube. No one needs to know what a multimillionaire looks like.

2. Get an unlisted number. Reporters have an uncanny way of ferreting out information so I don't want anyone calling me. Least of all the 3000 cousins that I just inherited or the 6000 financial planners that know just how to handle that money.

3. Get lost for a couple of weeks. I'll probably show up at the airport and ask where the next plane is heading to. That's where I'll go unless of course it's Grinnell, Iowa or Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. I've been both places. I don't need to go back. Maybe the second outbound plane will be to the Keys or some place in the Caribbean. That's where I'm heading.

4. Collect my winnings in small bills. This might be negotiable but I sort of like the idea that Uncle Scrooge McDuck had. One room where you could swim in your money. That works for me.

5. Class III license. Everything from now on will be fully automatic. Even my single shots will be full auto.

6. Purchase an ammo store. Hey, it's half a billion dollars! An ammo store would be cheap. Besides, everything is full auto, remember?

7. Not change my lifestyle. Yeah, right. The whole reason for playing is to change your lifestyle. So....change my lifestyle.

8. Buy a military vehicle. I've always wanted one and I'm not too picky. But I'd hold out for a good deal on one.

9. Stop by and see if Angelina Jolie wants to make could on that offer. It could happen. It could, too.

10. Relax. And when that is done, take a nap. And when I wake up relax some more. And if I didn't get my nap out, take another one. I'm thinking I could get pretty lazy with half a billion dollars in the next room.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You could invest in research. There must be a way to make a stain resistant hong.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I'll just buy a hong store and not worry about stains. Shoot, I might buy two hong stores. That way a guy could change into a clean one mid week and stop turning 'em inside out.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

A guy in the the FL panhandle hit the FL Lotto for something like $15M. He waited until about 3 days before the cutoff to claim it. Public disclosure is a requirement to collect. In the meantime, he hired an money manager, got a lawyer, bought a place unknown to others, stopped all his phones, etc., you get the picture. He just disappeared.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'll just buy a hong store and not worry about stains. Shoot, I might buy two hong stores. That way a guy could change into a clean one mid week and stop turning 'em inside out.
    Ya see......that's why you're the minister of science.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by OldGI
    Public disclosure is a requirement to collect.
    If it is collected in the name of a corporation or trust then you don't have to be the one standing in front of the camera. You let your "corporate" lawyer handle it.

You have some good ideas there.

I would stay out of the stock market.
    Take it as an annuity, so I can not mess things up terminally (fingers crossed)

I would not get financial advice from one of the big companies though, they are the idiots that contributed to the mess. I would find a mid level guy or gal and give them a try.

I want to start a Charter School!!! Grades Kinder through 12, one room per grade, two motivated and enthusiastic teachers per grade. Stress Real History, real math, real readin , writin and such. AND most importantly lead them on the path to intergrity and leadership. That is the best investment I could think of.

And of course the various and sundry "guy toys" .

And all the eggs and milk my wife thinks we need

Then spread whatever is left over each year out to family, friends (those that knew me when I did not have much) and what I consider good causes. My goal would be to basically "zero out" the day the next check clears the bank

Aaahh ain't dreams grand ?
    Last edited by Pal334; 03-30-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: spellin
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

So, Pal, that was a lot of money you won. What happened to all of it?

I...I don't know. (blink) (blink)

you would end up paying 99 percent to the wife after angelina jolie made good on your offer. what do you think the odds are on winning AND angelina making good on the offer. ROTFLMAO

THat is the idea! Although, I will know where every penny went. I came into this world with nothing, and plan to go out the same way. Have fun and help folks along the way.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

I would have fun for a couple of weeks then I don't know what I would do

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    you would end up paying 99 percent to the wife after angelina jolie made good on your offer. what do you think the odds are on winning AND angelina making good on the offer. ROTFLMAO
    So what exactly is the problem with this???....LOL "ZERO"---
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Actually the lady on the news tonite says it good to plan out how you would spend your money, as a "practice drill" so you will be ready, JIC.....So this is a serious business.

I would go thru the legal stuff, and get that nailed down........ THEN start buying up all the houses in my neighborhood, tearing them down and planting woods and fields there.....So I would have room to park all my "stuff"....Any complaints, screw'em buy them out......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Gee, I sure hope you win Uncle Rick.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

First thing I'll do if I win is go to work tomorrow. After that, the fun begins. I'll raise the roof on the gym at my high school and put in a weight room upstairs. Our current gym is 12' by the width of the basketball court. We make it work. I'll give a million at least to each of my family members and set up trusts for the little ones.
    I'll take one week off work and go someplace warm where I can go spearfishing and deep sea fishing.
    I wouldn't quit my job, I need to work, but I will have much better equipment and I'll toss my boots and shoes before they fall off of me.
    Buy some land in Eastern Washington and plan the build. Lots of concrete.
    Go Dawgs

I agree with most of your ideas Rick! I think I would have to pass Angelina Jolie for Salma Hayek though.

I bought one earlier, if I win I'm buy'n my dream truck and then buy a piece of property out in the sticks and live a simple life. Oh, and my three friends that were with me when I bought the ticket get a million a piece...
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Blog Entries

Look, You'll just have to give it all to me to look after. You remember what happened to that boat, right?
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Oh well,,,, It wasn't me . Guess I better cancel those cars and such, the wife could get a bit testy about those new payment books

There should be some sort of prize for not matching a single number. I would have won that one. I have to go. I have to figure out who my new cousin is.