Thread: "Just say that Jim said hello"

Default "Just say that Jim said hello"

Giving away my age with that old song tittle from the 50s. Anyway I am an old retired Army SFC who went back to work for the Dept of Army as a Civilian. Together I have about 20 years Active Army and 17 years as a DAC. My first 11 years in Army spent most in tank units, got tired of getting shot at and being tired, cold, wet and in every ****hole the Army could find. Spent the last 9 years as a Transportation NCO for logistics ops. I spent about 15 years overseas out of 20 and still did a few years OCONUS as a DAC and as a contractor. Had a lot of fun, kept alive and got to meet lots of great people. I spend a lot of my time with my hobby of firearm collecting and wandering around remote mountains and canyons of southern New Mexico. Lots of places down here you could still hide a full division of troops out of sight. When you hear the media talk about how come we can't just close our border they have know idea how big, empty and remote the West Texas, NM and AZ border area is. Anyway I cure my own bacon, sausage, corn my own beef and have a busy time in November getting it done for the years supply. I send some as Christmas presents for friend and family. Guess that's why they put up with me.

Welcome to the forum and howdy from the Hoosier state! Had to look up the song, I don't really listen to music most people my age listen to. Classic country and oldies rock and roll, was a great tune as most of Elvis' stuff is.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Hello and welcome. Thank you for your service.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home and thank you for your service. The only thing we need to figure out is whether we are friends or family. Home cured bacon and sausage will create both in short order.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome..............

WOW!!! Another old GI!!! Welcome.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Hunter63, saying Hey and Welcome.
    Thank you for your service.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome to WSF. Thanks for your service.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Blog Entries

Cool Howdy from Sarge!

Welcome aboard! Thank you for your service! Bacon's alright but just keep the Twinkies away from Rick...that makes him go "hong" wild!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

welcome aboard

Aha! the old twinkie and the hong ploy. You're already starting to have Bear withdrawal aren't you?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Welcome and thanks for your Service
    To Fail Is to Learn from your Mistakes and Advanced off of that Failure.

Welcome from the Buckeye state!

You guys just try to lead the newbies into the hong trap lol. Word of warning wsmrto, don't ask don't tell....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.