Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SHTF scenarios anybody?

Hummmmm, So like whats the deal.....?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm with Winnie. I'm gonna go post some flower pics.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

This is all too common. When things are on the upswing they post .... nothing, nada. Where is the post on lower unemployment? Decreased inventories? A stock market that is above 13,000? Improved retail sales? Consumer spending being up? But let a burp fall on the radar screen and the sky is falling. You are afraid of your own fears, Allen. You write about it because it somehow makes you feel better.

Here's a fact for you. Even if the world spiraled into a depression tomorrow it would just be the sixth that we'd have to recover from. Sorta been there, done that. We'd recover from it just like we're recovering from this recession. Incidently, I've been saying this to naysayers since 2008 even in the darkest hours when things looked a heck of lot worse than they do now and all the naysayers told me I was nuts. Well? That was 4 years ago and it hasn't happened yet. And I sure didn't need a crystal ball to make the prediction. Just common sense.

You can wish for economic upheaval all you want or predict all you want. Folks will do what they have always done from day one whether it happens or not. Put one foot in front of the other and hope the biggest, baddest, fastest animal on the Savanna is you lest you wind up dinner.

ITN - Do you need some help with those flowers? This is pretty annoying and pretty repetitive.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    ..........ITN - Do you need some help with those flowers?..........

I'm glad you ask, yes. I have disciplined myself, and only myself, to "no prose" in that thread. I had hoped others would join in with their own pics. That is, those that have a camera. ;-) Post em' if ya got em'.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

And one more thing while I'm at it......

I genuinely resent a foreigner telling me how bad the United States of America is. You haven't earned the right to tell me anything about our government, our politicians or anything else that goes on inside its borders. We have men and women buried on foreign soil around the world. We give billions in aid to the world every year. You get to sit in your McDonald's and use their wifi in relative safety, in large part because the U.S. projects the size of muscle it does and the world knows if they did anything to Canada the U.S. will be there kicking azz and taking names right along side Canadian forces. So when you refer to MY country please do so with a modicum of respect and appreciation. Thank you. That is all. Carry on.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, If I came across as American bashing, I do Apologize. The fact of the matter is that the US ius so significant that nothing else matters. Canada and every major country has the same disease. Japan is among the walking dead. Europe is a shambles.

Allen
    Are you uncomfortable about financial crisis, political turmoil, senseless riots, oppressive government and other world anxieties? Can our world be sustained? For a limited time see “Operation Phoenix” at www.AllenCurrie.ca for a free peek at a probable future. Quote -“A must read. If there ever was a story that predicted a very possible future this is it.”
    Limited time free read at http://www.allencurrie.ca/

What Rick said....Plus 1....I'm done.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Wish I could have seen Rick while he was doing that post.

I'll bet he nearly blew up his blood preassure cuff! Had that vein in his neck thumping and all.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Don't forget the eye twitch and the drool. I almost got the hump on my back to flatten out!

I just wanted to add, this is why you don't F*** with America! Flex some American muscle, and show why America is still number one!

My prayers go out to all those serving our country!

(Also after me, the video is not my editing. All credit goes here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBMUc...618&lf=mh_lolz)
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

We used to have a fellow on here that was also Canadian. I really liked him, but alas he is no longer around. Anyway........He made a prediction in 2008 that the United States, and then the entire world would fall into total collapse at levels that the world has never seen. It would make the great depression look like a walk in the park. He knew this because he had been studying this all his life. He knew this because his sources were impeccable. He new this because everybody that disagreed with him simply had their head in the sand.

So I asked him.....since he was so sure, and his convictions were so strong that we would be living out some apocalyptic scenario where it sounded as though dog food would be a luxury.....and it was going to happen by October of 2008......if it didn't happen by his timeline........should I consider all of his ramblings and grumblings to be total BS. He responded that I should since he was that sure of himself. Well, I still haven't succumbed to eating dog food.

Do I have concerns? Yes. Do I believe there is a way to avoid it? Yes.

I really do miss BraggSurvivor.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I may have succumbed to eating dog food once... but that is a hole other story.... I was hungry, give me a break....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Been there done that. I was standing in a dark kitchen once many years ago nibbling on jerky. My wife, always concerned about my well being, asked what I was doing. I told her I was eating jerky. She informed me they were dog treats. The jerky was good but the dog didn't speak to me for a couple of days.