Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boots In The Field Nominations For The First Quarter 2012

Default Boots In The Field Nominations For The First Quarter 2012

Nominations for the Boots In The Field Award are now open. Here's how it will work.

1. The period for consideration is January 1, 2012 through March 31 2012. This is not a lifetime achievement award. It is also not a nomination for a "good post". We have a lot of those, but the intent here is to encourage more people to get outdoors "doing", hence the name boots in the field. The activity should have been done during the nomination period.

2. You can nominate as many people as you want.

3. When you nominate somebody, please include a link to the thread(s) that you want them considered on when voting opens.

If you nominate somebody and do not provide a link to the threads, or if the threads are outside the above dates you want them to be considered for, it does not count.

Once somebody has been nominated for a specific thread, do not nominate them again for that same thread. If you want them considered for a different thread, then submit it.

When voting opens (in about a week) the nominees will be listed with a link to all of the threads to be considered.

If anybody wants to donate prizes for this quarter please send me a PM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

"They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Rick, for this thread I Escaped (for a while) pic heavy
    Thomas Paine

I submit Sourdough for living rough all winter and never posting a whiney post about it. He posted some crazy stuff, but kept his head.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky93 View Post
    Sorry Sparky93 - while it is a very good and informative post, it is not a candidate for getting outdoors with boots in the field.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Intothenew for his continuing boots in the field for himself, but more importantly the "varmints". http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...yes-of-a-Child
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Intothenew for his continuing boots in the field for himself, but more importantly the "varmints". http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...yes-of-a-Child
    Beat me to it, oh well. I'll go back and look around......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Sorry Sparky93 - while it is a very good and informative post, it is not a candidate for getting outdoors with boots in the field.
    My bad, I really did not think about that when I posted it. I was a little sleep deprived lol
    Thomas Paine

finallyMe, took the girls out

Quote Originally Posted by jake abraham View Post
    Beet me to it lol
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by jake abraham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky93 View Post
    Beet me to it lol
    Two points - you need to provide a link to the thread, but in this case you need to remember the thread for next quarter since this one was posted outside the dates for consideration.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I guess I gottta read the rules again....I thought it didn't matter if it was outdoors or not.....?

Tresmon, "Missed yall but learning how to timber frame". From reading this thread, he had his boots in the field, and working his rear end off at the same time. Seems like ole Tres is always out there living it!

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...o-Timber-Frame!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I guess I gottta read the rules again....I thought it didn't matter if it was outdoors or not.....?
    Please allow me to clarify..... The way it was originally set up was http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ht=boots+field with post number 3 offering a fairly good explanation. Maybe it was ME that was reading it wrong. I've got no problem including the thread on selecting axe handles.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

sorry miss read dates

Well we had the oil cloth recipe, last time.....?
    Just want to be clear.

I know, and that's the one that prompted it this time. Talking about something I've done a long time ago (IMO) isn't in the spirit of the BIF thingy. I suppose that a tutorial is timeless, so I'll include them. My apologies for making this harder than it needs to be.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I know, and that's the one that prompted it this time. Talking about something I've done a long time ago (IMO) isn't in the spirit of the BIF thingy. I suppose that a tutorial is timeless, so I'll include them. My apologies for making this harder than it needs to be.
    I see what you mean Crash, the thread was a lot of good information, and if this was nominations for the thread with the best information than it would be good to go. But the thread was just knowledge learned over the years, I agree with Crash on this one...
    Thomas Paine