Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Assistance Sought: Gerber BMF and original LMF Knives

I was being facetious.
    But...

If folks post something to him expecting a reply then they will have a long wait.
    So, your saying there's a chance?

There's always a chance. That's why Hunter keeps the light on for Ruth.

I have an original LMF, serial number 010303. Matt silver metal finish with a black Krayton rubber (?) handle grip. I think that I bought it in South Africa where I was living at the time. It has the straight edge and no sawback. The sheath is the original in black, military style with multiple options for putting on a belt, including a metal quick clip designed for military belts of the early '80s, also has the black cord at the bottom for tying to a leg, and the mini accessory strap with 2 brass press studs around the body of the sheath. Not sure how to attach photos as new to using forums.

For Oklahoma Cowboy on post page 3 - My LMF has the same handle but with the flat back blade. My sheath looks the same, but I was able to catch the corrosion before it became this bad.
    Last edited by DBC; 04-26-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
    And a pity that is too, as I am a BMF fan with an unused one in fresh out of the box condition, and currently negotiating purchasing a second. I was hoping this thread might be the ultimate BMF reference.
    Original poster last post was 02-01-13....

Seems this thread pops up in a search?......so suberwoofer I think you are getting your wish......Where ever you are.
    I don't think I have ever seen as many "one a done" post in one thread...ever.

Must be good stuff, Boys.....Keep it coming.
    Welcome.
    Last edited by hunter63; 04-26-2015 at 05:23 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I just read your post and are you still looking for serial numbers and photos of the BMF. In have a BMF I bought new in the 80's I know you posted this March 2012 and maybe you've completed your research

Daniel hasn't been around for some time........but judging by the first posters that show up , seems this is popping up, when the question is asked.
    Hopefully y'all's input will help some one out.

I purchased my BMF in 1987, Serial Number: 20499

IMG_3952.jpgIMG_3953.jpgIMG_3955.jpg

Default Loss of forum member Daniel Nighteyes.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Daniel hasn't been around for some time.......

Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum and I'm afraid it is to deliver terrible news.

While attempting to contact Daniel and add my knife info to his database, I inadvertently reached his son. The reason Daniel has not been on the forum lately is that he passed last summer after losing a battle with pancreatic cancer. His son asked me to convey this information to the forum members. He also asked me to tell everyone that they are at a loss at this time as to what to with Daniel's work and would welcome any suggestions.

Again I am sorry that I have to deliver this news to you all. According to his post, and the replies to them that I have read, he seemed like a friendly and well respected member here.

Errol

Quote Originally Posted by Paramour208 View Post
    Hello all,

This is my first post on the forum and I'm afraid it is to deliver terrible news.

While attempting to contact Daniel and add my knife info to his database, I inadvertently reached his son. The reason Daniel has not been on the forum lately is that he passed last summer after losing a battle with pancreatic cancer. His son asked me to convey this information to the forum members. He also asked me to tell everyone that they are at a loss at this time as to what to with Daniel's work and would welcome any suggestions.

Again I am sorry that I have to deliver this news to you all. According to his post, and the replies to them that I have read, he seemed like a friendly and well respected member here.

Errol
    Errol.....
    Welcome to the forum....and thanks for a heads up.
    Actually a member that joined back in December....Spooky Ol' Joe....did drop by and past on that information.
    Only stuck around for a few days....?

Did some business with Daniel and enjoyed his posts....and is missed.
    Again, Thanks for the news....most f the time people don't take the time to cover those basses.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...7771-Hello-All!
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-30-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Errol.....
    Welcome to the forum....and thanks for a heads up.
    Actually a member that joined back in December....Spooky Ol' Joe....did drop by and past on that information.
    Only stuck around for a few days....?

Did some business with Daniel and enjoyed his posts....and is missed.
    Again, Thanks for the news....most f the time people don't take the time to cover those basses.
    Thank you for the welcome. It is a shame to lose good people, but it is nice sometimes to 'meet' someone through their legacy of post every now and then.
    Take care.

Hello to all. I am trying to find pictures of all 6 BMF blade profiles like the ones previously found on page 3 of this post. I used to have em but they were lost in the cloud.
    If anyone has a copy of those two pics or any other pics displaying all 6 profiles I would very much appreciate if you could re post for me.
    Fingers crossed. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Hello to all. I am trying to find pictures of all 6 BMF blade profiles like the ones previously found on page 3 of this post. I used to have em but they were lost in the cloud.
    If anyone has a copy of those two pics or any other pics displaying all 6 profiles I would very much appreciate if you could re post for me.
    Fingers crossed. Thanks in advance.
    Unfortunately the pictures you are looking for (if they were posted by Daniel) are no longer available. Sadly, some time ago we received a message that he had passed away.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I guess Daniel will be remembered for this thread......

Did a search on BMF blade profiles on Google images....Daniels avatar shows up a refers back to this thread.
    Kinda fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Unfortunately the pictures you are looking for (if they were posted by Daniel) are no longer available. Sadly, some time ago we received a message that he had passed away.
    I'm very sorry to hear that. Thank you for bringing me up to speed.

R.I.P. Daniel

First post new member, i own several Gerber knives, i have a gerber BMF serial 009797, plain non-serrated blade, blade appears to measure 7 3/4 ", overall 13 1/2". It has silva startercompass, alice attachment clips, mine has no gerber tag.
    Trying to find any info about year of manufacture, etc
    Thanks for any info

Quote Originally Posted by Rknight45 View Post
    First post new member, i own several Gerber knives, i have a gerber BMF serial 009797, plain non-serrated blade, blade appears to measure 7 3/4 ", overall 13 1/2". It has silva startercompass, alice attachment clips, mine has no gerber tag.
    Trying to find any info about year of manufacture, etc
    Thanks for any info
    I'm not sure that anyone here can help. Sadly, sometime ago we received word that the OP of this thread had passed. Your best bet may be to contact Gerber.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Gerber BMF

I see that NIGHTEYES was doing research on Gerber BMFs. I have had one for quite a while. It has been very well traveled doing what it was originally designed to do AND I owe it considerably. Serial #040233. It has the sawback and even though it has been used on "softer material" several times there isn't a mark on it. For what it means to me personally it WILL be in my casket. ONE HELL OF A PARTNER.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome...from Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by crazychicken View Post
    I see that NIGHTEYES was doing research on Gerber BMFs. I have had one for quite a while. It has been very well traveled doing what it was originally designed to do AND I owe it considerably. Serial #040233. It has the sawback and even though it has been used on "softer material" several times there isn't a mark on it. For what it means to me personally it WILL be in my casket. ONE HELL OF A PARTNER.
    Don't know if his found the same fate as yours, but sadly he passed away some time back.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel