Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fish Jerky

It's okay, he's almost deaf he didn't hear me...
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Banned

I've never had the desire to catch or eat carp. But an old man I knew told me about how his mother would prepare carp in a pressure cooker to basically break down the bones to make them easier to eat. He compared it to pickled herring. I don't know if that was because of the taste and/or texture. I don't believe it would be a good candidate for either smoked fish or jerky. I remember hearing once that you can eat most saltwater fish raw, but most freshwater fish needed to be cooked??
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 05-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries

CARP wtf unless I'm in a survival situation I'm not eating that nasty fish... Lol, carp head soup, he11 no. Lol, I've had insects, birds, snake, gator, squirrel, rabbit, crawdad, even had dog in Korea, but I'm not eating no carp. Although I don't like fish in general (cant get past the smell) and haven't eaten it in probably 15 years, I may be prejudice. Fish jerky, yuk!
    Last edited by Beo; 08-30-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.