Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Word of advice/ warning!

Well thought I'd let everyone know what's going on. Seems like the #@$%$$*@ who owns the Midas shop thought I was dumb enough that I would accept a $500 check to let them off the hook for my jeep! I told him where he could stick his check and it wasn't in his armpit! I then informed him that if I did not have a reasonable offer by 9 a.m. tuesday morning my first phone call would be to the state atty, generals office, the second call would be to the lawyer I had consulted, and the third would be to the local press and I would include pictures!!

He was still stuttering and sputtering when I hung up on him.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Blog Entries

By making an offer hasn't he now admitted liability? Good luck!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Keep at it Don (I know you will). This idiot deserves what's coming his way. Heck, the $500 wouldn't even pay for the huge billboard near his shop with a picture of the Jeep and the caption "Don't let (insert name here) from Midas work on your vehicle. This is the result".
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-26-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm sure the $500 was just to cover your hotel and meals for the night of the "accident". He had not gotten to the vehicle, gear, anxiety, fire department, police department, hazmat crew or the cost to airlift the vehicle back to Evansville so you can drop it on his store. I'm sure he was coming to that.

Youse want da F.A.R.T.s should make a call on da bum? We got a case of No Doze in da back for special cases like dis. No nappin' on dis one, right Vinnie?....I mean, Crash.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Youse got dat right. Do you want I should call Johnny No Thumbs or Louie Kneecaps to give us a hand?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I don't tink Johny No Thumbs is gonna give us much of a hand now do you?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Wow, not just the loss of vehicle and gear but the interruption of life would be a huge factor. Glad everyone is ok of course but still, what a hassle.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

That's crazy. I'm glad everyone is ok.
    I hope you can upgrade your jeep and all your gear with your $$$
    Go Dawgs

Well I guess midas decided to finally take the issue seriouslly and that I am not going to just go away. The guy I have been dealing with at their corporate office ( Jim Crumm) who has actually been a decent guy, contacted me and said that they had went to the tow yard and looked at my jeep. He told Mr. Crumm that due to the severity of the damage he could neither prove or dis prove the cause of the fire. So they are submitting the claim to their insurance company for resolution. Me. Crumm said it should take about a week or ten days to hear from the insurance and then they would find out from me how much loss I am claiming. Then they would go from there.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I hope it all works out.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That sounds hopeful to me. I wish you luck and hope it works out for you.

Sounds like progress! I don't know why they didn't do that in the first place.......