Thread: Hi there from Ontario Canada

Default Hi there from Ontario Canada

February 1987 a small newspaper article jiggled the financial jigsaw enough that a picture was discernable to me. There is no entity I know, you, or me, or us together as a government that can borrow forever and not pay back. I thought the debt was horrendous, particularly in the US. Little did I know. I made some small plans principally financial, and was sublimely self congratulating when I made a fortune when the crash came in Oct 1987. Then it went the other way just as fast. That forced me into research as to how empire crashes played out going back to Roman times. Heavy research and plan development carried on for about five years but I still gather information as a junkie and the plans change a bit as I get more information.

At first I thought if I had a plan I could react faster than everyone else and be safe. I had accumulated some long shelf life food and some tools. About four years ago I decided that idea was foolish and the following summer had a 40 foot steel container hauled wayyy back into the bush to a spot I had researched previously. I think I made nearly every mistake possible despite my farm background.

I hauled in lumber, insulation etc and began to build false walls in the container in order to insulate. I hauled in my accumulated stuff. I built a couple of small shed/barns for the livestock I expect to get. (bees, chickens and/or guinea hens [Which are smaller but they forage better and are quicker to fly from predators. And I have lots of predators, bear, wolves, cougar, foxes, martins, you name it] dogs, goats, pigs, and possibly horses but they are real hay burners and you need infrastructure to have them) Three females and one male except chickens and bees.

I built a sledge out of two large logs (For skids) held together with smaller poles across. I raided the “local” dump and scrounged refrigerators and bathtubs. Punched holes in the back of the fridges and filled them with dirt on the sledge. Now my garden was mobile if I had made another mistake. I have been buying fruit and nut trees along with perennials of almost any kind as long as it provides food and/or varied taste such as mint and horse radish. Along with my dog, chicken wire has kept everything away except that something gets my gooseberries every year. Snips the leaves in a strange way and does it overnight.

Three years doing it solo and I’m not self sufficient yet. Well in a worst case I could probably survive.

I plan on making another post under general chat concerning Chinas role in todays world as soon as I finish this.
    Good luck.
    Allen

Hunter63, saying Hey, and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

hello & welcome

I enjoy the prose. Speak your peace, but listen intently.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Interesting. Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hunter, Jake Abraham, Into the new, Crashdive. Many thanks for the kind welcome. To TWO of you, welcome too. Grin
    Are you uncomfortable about financial crisis, political turmoil, senseless riots, oppressive government and other world anxieties? Can our world be sustained? For a limited time see “Operation Phoenix” at www.AllenCurrie.ca for a free peek at a probable future. Quote -“A must read. If there ever was a story that predicted a very possible future this is it.”
    Limited time free read at http://www.allencurrie.ca/

Welcome you ole Canadian, good to have you on board!