Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a 6th sense?

Default Do you have a 6th sense?

Have you met a person and immediately knew that you couldn't trust them, then later find out that you were dead on? Have you ever been far out in the woods where there should not be any other person, and all of a sudden started feeling like you were not alone. Then 2 minutes later you spot a guy hiking through the area? But you never heard him coming and just somehow knew they were out there?
    Well I think that is a 6th sense that is alive and working well! I know many animals have those senses, and a lot of people do to, but I think most people do not want to beleive that they have 6th senses because it's not something that can be logically explained.
    I think the 6th sense gets better when we are out in the wilderness, because out minds know that it is needed. It could be that our biological senses reverts to a more primative setting because somehow it knows that you are out in nature, and it just switches on automatically to a higher awareness.
    I know that the more I am out in the woods, the more I sense about my surroundings, and the more I correctly anticipate things.
    So do you beleive in the 6th sense?

We were selling raffle tickets at the County fair.
    Couple of guys are on the Fair Police.....Lady comes over as we are talking....complaining on her location as a vendor too noisy for fortune reading....She was a psychic.

Police guy in charge says, "Well then you should have known where you have ended up".

Yeah, I believe in a the "gut feeling"........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

My sixth sense is that I see dumb people. All.....The....Time....
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Yeah, I have a sixth sense for BS.
    It happens to be one of my most valuable tools in the tool belt.

WILDTHANG - " ... I think the 6th sense gets better when we are out in the wilderness, because out minds know that it is needed. ..."
    It's not just in the wilderness. People who live in large cities quite often find their "sixth sense" to become much more acute for observing dangers that are unique to a large city environment. But take that same city person, man or woman, and place him or her out in the boonies and that person will have a problem adjusting to the surroundings and inherent dangers there. That city "sixth sense" will not be developed for the boonies.

The same can be said for a person who is at home in the boonies who goes to a large city and is not aware of the dangers out on the streets.

And then there are some people who are oblivious to their surroundings no matter where they live nor how long they are there. They are incapable of listening to the "inner voice." Therefore, they find it hard to survive life threatenng situations.

It's all in adjusting to one's surroundings, I believe.

S.M.

oh yeah, I have a well-developed 6th sense or intuition....I think it is a by-product of being in-tune with your surroundings- no matter what the environment is
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

I think that the 6th sense goes even beyond the perception of things in the woods, or in a city. Every now and then, I will go in somebodys house, or into a historical place, and I can almost feel things about the people that use to live there. It is a hard thing to describe, but I can tell if they were friendly or not so friendly spirits. Now I dont necessarily beleive in ghosts, and I dont know why this happens, but it is a weird feeling sometimes and I do not try to just blow it off and find logical excuses for it. I think a person should at least acknowledge their senses no matter what they are.
    I rented ahouse in North Carolina one time, it was an old house but in good condition and in a good location. The instant I walked into the house I could feel a presense that I could only describe as a friendly spirit. Naturally I didn't say anything to the guy that showed me the house, but just rented the house and was happy to get it. Later I got to know the owner of the house, and we became friends.
    One afternoon he stopped by to help me put on a new door, and do some maintenance things. We were sitting in the sun room, and I told him that I can sense a person that must have spent a lot of time in this room, and at times I could smell cigarette smoke really strong in there, almost like a person was sitting in front of me hittin on a cig. I also told him that I saw the old rocking chair rocking one night and the smoke smell was really strong when I went out there to check it out. The weird thig was, I had no fear of any of this, because whoever it was, had to be a very good caring person and that I could feel that they like me being there.
    He kind of got quiet for a minute, and a little pale, and said, my god, that has to be my Dad. He told me that his dad sat in that rocking chair for 20 years after he retired and smoked cigarettes, and just watched the street, and the animals that always ran through the back yard. Now this room has been totally repainted, refloored, and aired out for several years before I moved in, and there was no residual nicotine anywhere.
    He also told me that he knows his dad would have really liked me and that we were a lot alike. He stated that he had never met anybody that didn't like his dad, and he was a very friendly person. So was it a ghost, I dont know, but I do know that I could feel his presence in that house. This is just one case of many that i have experienced, and luckily I have not encountered anything that felt evil, but I have sensed sadness and anger.

We've had a couple of good threads on this. You might be interested in:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...efferent+clues

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...efferent+clues
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

We got a lot of wild dogs that run around where I live, most probably wouldn't hurt you though. Well one day a couple of years ago I was checking my trap line with my basset hound and I got this weird feeling something else was out there. So I looked around and saw a mangy pit bull look'n dog coming up behind me, Cycled a round into the .22 and grabbed my dog (who is about useless and is also allergic to the outside lol, some hound dog...) and let out my best "GET OUT OF HERE". Luckily the dog didn't advance, but I have always been able to tell if I'm not alone in the woods... Maybe it's just you here something and it only registers in your subconscious...
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I met a girl when I was 35 years old. She was the most beautiful women I ever met inside and out. We had been dating for around 6 months, and I was more in love than I ever imagined I could be. One day she told me she had a lump on her shoulder, and she was afraid it was cancer. Do I felt of it and told her it was probably just a cyst or something and not to worry. I figured the doctor would remove it, and that would be the end of it.
    Well the doctor removed it, sent it off for testing, and it came back as a malignant tumor that had probably mastestisized from a larger mass. To make a long story short, we found out that she had a large nass on her lung right next to her heart and it was inoperable.
    Well I went into denial and refused to beleive anything was wrong with her, and just tried to carry on with business as normal. I stayed with her and was ready to quit my job because when that project was over, my company would make me move to another state or country.
    She began radiation treatments, and then chemo, and she kept getting weaker and more frail. Finally one day she sat me down, and told me that she wanted me to move on. She said that she was losing her hair, and she did not want me to watch her die. She told me that she loved me more than anything, but she would just hold me back, and she could tell that all of this was starting to kill me from the inside out.
    Of course I refused to leave her, and told her that I was going to stay with her forever. Over the next couple of weeks, she convinced me to move on, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done, and to this day I feel guilty for moving to another state.
    Well after a few months, I met another women and fell in love with her, and we were planning on getting married and life was good, but there was not a single day that I didn't think about Becky, and wonder how she was doing.
    One night when I was in a sound sleep at midnight, I heard her voice scream my name as though it was right in my left ear, and I woke up in a cold sweat dazed and confused. The next morning a mutual friend of mine and Becky's called my office, and told me that she had passed away right at midnight last night. I sat there in shock for 2 hours, and I see no way this could have been a coincidence. She wanted me to know that she was moving on!
    Last edited by Wildthang; 02-28-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Wow, what an incredibly sad story, I'm sorry things worked out the way they did. My sister in law is fighting lung cancer and is in her second remission, she was diagnosed 3 years ago and was pregnant with twins at the time. Fortunately her boys were healthy at birth. Watching someone you love go through such a horrible ordeal is truly gut wrenching, I just can't imagine how my brother is dealing with it.

This sixth sense topic is very interesting, I've had similar feelings while in the wilderness and at home. We live in an old farm house and both my wife an my son have seen the apparition of a young girl in a blue dress playing on the front stairs leading to the second floor. I have seen " something" in my peripheral vision on numerous occasions, but when I turn to look theres nothing there. The best way to describe what I see is "movement", I see something move that catches my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    One night when I was in a sound sleep at midnight, I heard her voice scream my name as though it was right in my left ear, and I woke up in a cold sweat dazed and confused. The next morning a mutual friend of mine and Becky's called my office, and told me that she had passed away right at midnight last night. I sat there in shock for 2 hours, and I see no way this could have been a coincidence. She wanted me to know that she was moving on!
    There's more to a human than what doctors and scientists can figure out.

The only time I ever sleepwalked was the exact moment my father was dying. 2000 miles away. I was awaken by my GF screaming at me because I was standing on my tiptoes pissing in my sock drawer.

That is a sad story.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by postman View Post
    Wow, what an incredibly sad story, I'm sorry things worked out the way they did. My sister in law is fighting lung cancer and is in her second remission, she was diagnosed 3 years ago and was pregnant with twins at the time. Fortunately her boys were healthy at birth. Watching someone you love go through such a horrible ordeal is truly gut wrenching, I just can't imagine how my brother is dealing with it.

This sixth sense topic is very interesting, I've had similar feelings while in the wilderness and at home. We live in an old farm house and both my wife an my son have seen the apparition of a young girl in a blue dress playing on the front stairs leading to the second floor. I have seen " something" in my peripheral vision on numerous occasions, but when I turn to look theres nothing there. The best way to describe what I see is "movement", I see something move that catches my attention.
    Sorry to hear about your sister in law buddy. I know exactly what your brother is going through. I am lucky that the house I live in now is only 15 years old, so there is no paranormal history to go along with it. I lived in an old ranch house out in the middle of nowhere one time, and that place was just scary. I never sensed pure evil, but there were some very unhappy people lingering there. I didn't stay there long as a result.
    Last edited by Wildthang; 02-29-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Banned

My name is Ballrog and I have lots and lots of powers.

I think we all have it to a degree, most notably with people who actively develop it. Like a muscle needs to be used till it does any good.
    Some choose to suppress it whatever reason.
    We are the end result of generations of people who used it, they survived when others failed but again it needs to be worked at.
    Bear Clan

I was born with nothing,
    with hard work and deligence I still have most of it
    this week a lot less...must be a hole in my pocket

You're absolutely right about that. It's something I work on all the time. I generally go to the zoo a couple of times of month and hop over the fence in the big cat enclosure just to keep my ancestral skills honed. Here's a vid of me last fall.

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oh Rick, dear Rick, do you ever tire of hijacking threads?
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Default Poor Rick!

He's got threadrettes. But don't tell him I said that. He wouldn't want you to feel sorry for him.

Hey, Winter. You kinda got off subject. Try to stay focused, okay? Not everything is about me but I appreciate your sentiment.

I "knew" this was gonna happen.....sorta like a 6th sense?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27