Thread: Soylent green?

Default Soylent green?

This is not a post about religion or politics, it's a post about what may be in our food and drinks. Lets please keep it about that.

I saw this and couldn't believe it was true. I'm still looking into it, but it appears to be more real than I care for. It's kind of scary to think about what they may be putting in our food....or drinks.

LARGO, Fla., In a shocking decision delivered Feb 28th, President Obama’s Security and Exchange Commission ruled that PepsiCo’s use of aborted fetal remains in their research and development agreement with Senomyx to produce flavor enhancers falls under “ordinary business operations.”
    The letter signed by Attorney Brian Pitko of the SEC Office of Chief Counsel was sent in response to a 36-page document submitted by PepsiCo attorneys in January, 2012. In that filing, PepsiCo pleaded with the SEC to reject the Shareholder’s Resolution filed in October 2011 that the company “adopt a corporate policy that recognizes human rights and employs ethical standards which do not involve using the remains of aborted human beings in both private and collaborative research and development agreements.”

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/45045
    Last edited by 2dumb2kwit; 03-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

That is pretty darned scary right there, and I'll never drink another Pepsi again. I like Coke better anyhow!

And I thought the fructose was bad.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

If you happen upon a credible source be sure and let me know.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If you happen upon a credible source be sure and let me know.
    I'd really like to know if the lawsuit, etc. is/was real.

It seems to be an issue with some. Take a look at this.

There is a new bill being introduced by Oklahoma Republican State Sen. Ralph Shortey with the explicit purpose of outlawing the use of fetuses in the production or supplementation of food products. This may sound like a demented joke or a satirical story, but it is actually true for the state of Oklahoma.
    http://news.yahoo.com/truth-behind-o...232600064.html
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

It seems that this is the group that is stirring the pot, but I still can't say if they are right or not.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/03/29/c...icial-flavors/
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Dang it....where's Ken when I need him.
    Take a look at this, Rick.

http://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin...22812-14a8.pdf
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

...brought to you by Coke.

Seriously, this is too outlandish to even contemplate. Doesn't make sense, no matter how one tries to explain it.
    What's more, the sources are highly suspect, IMO.

Just an aside...(I know that's a different issue)
    Stick with organic, whole, non processed food and you'll have less to worry about as far as what you're ingesting.

Here's something else to get upset about. It was all over the news:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57368078/mcdonalds-scraps-controversial-beef-process/

"Celebrity chef and food activist Jamie Oliver is a man on a mission: to stop the use of what he calls "pink slime," beef scraps no one would choose to eat, reprocessed and repurposed for use in hamburger patties.

It is, he asserts, "not fit for human consumption."
    "We're taking a product that would be sold in its cheaper form for dogs and," he says, "after this process, we can give it to humans."
    The first salvo in his high-profile food fight was an April 2011 stomach-turning demonstration on his TV show, "Food Revolution," nine months ago.
    He washed bits of beef in a solution of ammonia and water -- ammonium hydroxide -- to kill off bacteria, a technique approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
    "This is a practice," Oliver says, "that's openly admitted to being in 70 percent of ground beef. That kind of puts it everywhere."

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

mmmm.. tender delicious little babies.
    Who's got the peppersauce?!

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Response to B's last thought...
    We eat potted meat and vienna sausages down here. Meat is meat. "Not fit for human consumption".. you ain't met some of my cousins...

Yeah, that Pepsi thing is a real tail chaser as far as finding anything on the web.
    And as for McDonalds, if you think those are hamburgers, you get what you deserve. Yeck. I haven't had a chainburger in probably 30 years.

I didn't think that attention grabbing , off the wall, because it on the interweb, must be true claims, were really the forte around here,.... I chose to refrain from commenting.

Carry On.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by your_comforting_company View Post
    In Response to B's last thought...
    We eat potted meat and vienna sausages down here. Meat is meat. "Not fit for human consumption".. you ain't met some of my cousins...
    YCC, this seems to be the issue:
    "He washed bits of beef in a solution of ammonia and water -- ammonium hydroxide -- to kill off bacteria, a technique approved by the Food and Drug Administration."

The French eat all kinds of innards and gross stuff, but it's abou how it's processed and preserved that is at stake.

2D - I think there is a huge difference between Pepsi asking the SEC to allow them to take some bizarre resolution off the proxy ballot and actually using human remains in flavor testing.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    2D - I think there is a huge difference between Pepsi asking the SEC to allow them to take some bizarre resolution off the proxy ballot and actually using human remains in flavor testing.
    Actually, I'm looking at this as two separate issues. That place that is doing testing for Pepsico appears to have used human remains at some point.(HEK-whatever)
    Do I think their are human remains in Pepsi products? No.
    Do I think it's "bizarre" to want Pepsi to adopt a 'no human remains used' policy. No.

I looks like other people are trying to distance themselves from the human remains issue, and I can understand stock holders wanting to cover their butts, and adopt a policy that supposedly won't change anything in the operation, but will help avoid the boycotts, and bad press. (Not to mention any moral issues about the subject.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

I just had some Soylent Brown for breakfast !!! Yummy!
    !
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member