Thread: Food stash pix !

Default Food stash pix !

posting of pics
    might give other folks an opportunity to
    view your stash and maybe give em some varity ideas ..
    I know i would like to see 'em !

assorted Mountain house stuff.JPG
    campbells soups.JPG
    canned fish.JPG
    canned potatoes.JPG
    canned veggies.JPG
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

THE PROSPECTOR ! !

THE PROSPECTOR ! !

THE PROSPECTOR ! !

THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Seems y'all got a pretty nice stash going on there.

Is it all in one place? or kinda spread around, fire, flood, tornado....or other maybe not so natural disaster ?

Got stuff spread out in vehicles, at 'The Place"....( non freeze able),...the normal use every day pantry, couple of freezers.....my craft/gear/prep stash.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Its all in one room .... Theres more of the same in the hay barn ... All stuff there is rice noodles .. Stuff that wont feeeze .... Might include pix of turkeys, chickens etc . .. Mobile food ?
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Interesting that groceries "on the hoof' are included.

I can recall, a fellow reenactor at rendezvouses, who's camp was basically a cover wagon....and included a few chickens that were tethered for eggs and eaten as the week worn on.
    Also included a goat for milk, but did run afoul of local ordinances concerning live stock in the city, (camp site).

Are you including paper products, soaps, personnel items?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

yes .. anything you have stashed away to help you through hard times .... i included the livestock cos we use the goats milk on a daily basis ... eggs .. turkey meat etc ... we can all the meat or most as we have limited electricity to use (off grid totally) .. we could be totally self sufficient immediately ...
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Doing great there birdman.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

thanks for the vote of confidence .. we just add a wee bit every time we go out .. even if its just a bag of oatmeal .... its incredible what u can accumulate with very little effort .. we buy large amounts when its on sale for deep discounts .... we can a ton .. if and when the SHTF ..... I wannna eat !!!!
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

this is a bit off topic but its an important part of our STASH ! BORAX ... WASHING SODA AND FELS NAPTHA SOAP !

RECIPE FOR SOAP THE EASY WAY ! CAN MAKE THICKER TO MAKE BAR SOAP !

1/3Fels Naptha Soap bar, grated

Washing Soda 1 CUP

BORAX 1 CUP

Preparation Method

Measure 3 pints of water into a cooking pot. Add 1/3 bar grated Fels Naptha laundry soap. Cook over medium heat until dissolved. Stir in: cup Washing soda, cup Borax. Stir until it thickens like honey. Remove from heat. Pour 1 quart of hot water into a FIVE gallon bucket, stirring in the thickened soap mix. Stir and mix until well blended. THIN IT OUT INTO TWO SEPARATE FIVE GALLON PAILS AND ADD HOT WATER AND FILL UP .. Cover and set aside for 24 hours. It will gel up.
    THIS WILL MAKE ABOUT 10 GALLONS OF GEL LIQUID SOAP FOR ABOUT TWO BUCKS !

WE USE THIS SOAP EVERY DAY ... ITS A HUGE MONEY SAVER ,, TRY IT !
    Last edited by birdman6660; 03-03-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: WANTED FOLKS TO KNOW IT WASNT A " JUST IN CASE THING " ! ! !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Best start sorting your onions before they all go...they should be stored in a mesh bag and hung dry, not in a bucket. They'll rot.
    plant the soft ones with the green tops.
    Might want to think about getting the cardboard off the concrete(?) floor. A plastic palette or shelving for air circulation.
    Nice stash though.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Best start sorting your onions before they all go...they should be stored in a mesh bag and hung dry, not in a bucket. They'll rot.
    plant the soft ones with the green tops.
    Might want to think about getting the cardboard off the concrete(?) floor. A plastic palette or shelving for air circulation.
    Nice stash though.
    All good advice .. thanks .. the onions are procured as cast offs from the local supermarket .. they toss all those type of onions and all other vegetable castaways out to me .. I use most of it as goat , rabbit or chicken fodder .. those are the onions I kept aside which were still suitable for drying LOL ..
    anf now that you mention it the floor does look like concrete but its gray painted chip board .. its dry as a bone in here wiuth wood heat ... the stash is growing LOL .. Hummm whrs YOUR stash pics ? LOL we looking for ideas !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Well I like the long term storage cans by Augason farms because we don't have to worry about rotating it, it just lasts 20 years no problem, but we do keep a large supply of regular canned goods as well. Most of the Augason farms stuff we keep are the staples, flour, sugar, salt, honey, cheese powder, tomatoe powder, oats, rice, beans, dehydrated whole eggs, pancake mix, and dehydrated milk. We could survive on that alone but prefer to keep a lot of other stuff to go with it. This limits the worry of rotating the staples, so all we have to do is rotate the standard canned goods, frozen meats and coffee.
    The Augaon Farms stuff is expensive but it lasts many years and it is just there when you need it. I have a lot of #10 cans of dehydrated foods that will get us by easily for 1 year plus!

wow .. thats beyond my budget .. just looked up your Auguson farms thing ! think Ill stick with Briden, Mountain house n Thrive !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Well, you see, it's like this.
    I don't take photos of my stash or post em online...

Thanks for sharing Birdman.
    All through history it has been proven that the right to keep and bear arms is ultimately the only thing that keeps us free