Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extensive FROZEN Can goods TEST (Do they really burst...?)

Yep, they went in the trash. A small consolation, but those oysters gave their life to science.

A moment of silence, please.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

We are at the cabin this weekend for the annual ice harvest. This is our 3rd trip in since Christmas. We had several trips in during the fall up to the first week of Christmas. Some of the canned goods were here last winter as well. This winter we have had cold spells as low as -38c. None of the cans bulged or broke. But, the "no name" cans are rusty from the condensation.
    Even the Dalai Lama had to bug out…

Great thread .. an author friend of mine has been off grid and in the bush since 1991 .. he has cans of everything from spaghetti sauce to Campbells soups .. the only thing he had go bad since 1995 from freezing was corned beef ... all other cans survived and was edible ...I have personally accidentally frozen many canned items .. nothing went bad .. i have had jars break but cans seem to do quite well ... all of the cans that were frozen were NOT in a freeezer condition but in a back room where it simply got too cold .. Allan (author buddy of OPERATION PHOENIX ) left his bush container home last winter TO promote his book and everything froze solid and it all survived except the aforementioned corned beef .... keep me posted on the freezer results ...
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Had some of the canned green beans, they were a bit busted up from the freezing but otherwise good.
    Even the Dalai Lama had to bug out…