Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Survival cart

Default Survival cart

So if you had to bug out and I mean for a while, and you couldn't drive a vehicle, you dont have a horse, why wouldn't this work? Some people think I'm crazy for wanting to take a lot of stuff to bug out with, but why not take enough stuff to thrive, and not just scrape by and survive? Yeah I practice most of the skills, and I feel like if I have to, I can get by as well as the next with the bare essentials. but you know, why just survive with the bare skinney when you could take enough stuff to be fairly confortable? It would definately slow you down, but at least when you get there, you can set up in a confortable fashion, and just hold your ground! I am not sure I would want a cart this big, but a small easy to pull cart with big wide pneumatic wheels would probably work pretty good.

What would be the perfect bug out cart?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I asked you in another thread, but may as ask here as well....what scenario do you envision as likely that will cause you to bug out?

As to the cart - pretty cool. It's usefulness would depend a lot on the terrain.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have a game cart that would probably work pretty good.

As attractive as that may be, it's not exactly inconspicuous. I'd stay away from it and maximize being mobile and flying under the radar as much as possible. I'll have less at my disposal, but it's a trade off I'm willing to make.

I like that concept for the very few terrains it would be useful. All you need is a camo net and you could disappear in the desert.

I need a tactical wheelbarrow
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

*B's BOV.jpgThis would be my cart of choice. (bring....it....on!)

I can see Mr. and Mrs. B now....

"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Actually Miss B, I found a jogging carriage that someone threw out . It had a flat tire and the nylon seat was ripped. I replaced the tube and tied a gill net pattern of 550 cord into the frame. I've stood on it so I know it will hold 180 lbs.
    I know what hunts you.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Here's what I would be using.
    24061_365480345889_775665889_3554562_1229949_n.jpg

We also have a cart for the summer.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Well I have a Gorilla cart that has 4 wheels, large tires, and the tub is plastic, so it would be easy to pull, and would float like a boat if you had to cross a stream. It pulls very easy with less that 100 lbs, and steers real good. I think it would be good to haul the tent, sleeping bag, water and extra supplies and wouldn't be outrageously big like the guys cart in the picture. I would paint it camo so if I needed to hide it, it would blend in better!

It has been kind of nice to not her "what is the best survival knife" in a while, now we can focus on the important stuff. Like the best bug out cart, or the best bug out shovel lol
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I like that concept for the very few terrains it would be useful. All you need is a camo net and you could disappear in the desert.

I need a tactical wheelbarrow
    OMG the legend lives on...........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I asked you in another thread, but may as ask here as well....what scenario do you envision as likely that will cause you to bug out?

As to the cart - pretty cool. It's usefulness would depend a lot on the terrain.
    To be honest Crash, I wouldn't consider bugging out until a total collapse of civilization forced me out because I was outnumbered by gangs and pilagers. I hope to god I never see that day!

I made this for my dog.

I can attach it to my dog or my bike. It was originally intended to attach to my bike. I have another one that only attaches to a bike.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I was gonna use a cart. Then I figured someone would yell, "Storms a comin'! Ya better haul azz!". I figured at that rate I'd have to make two trips so I gave up on it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Who makes the cart in that first photo?
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Who makes the cart in that first photo?
    I dont know, it could be homemade I guess, but it looks like somebody dropped their undies on the other side of it

That's my blue hong, thank you. The sun was getting warm and I needed to shave my monkey butt.

Sarky - I think that cart was made by Louis-Philippe Loncke. He's a Belgian adventurer that crossed the Simpson Desert in Australia. He made that cart for the attempt. Here's a vid of him with the first version of the cart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOyMC...eature=related

Here is a vid of him in the desert. He's added an extension to the rear of the cart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idWJnswpmpQ

I'm pretty certain that's him in the picture above.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Land of a thousand lakes Northern Horseman's Avatar
    The geographical center of British Columbia

Your bug out cart and my wife pestering me for a new cart for her dog to pull got me researching a few ideas.
    First I'll show you the cart that I'm getting and some other ideas for a production bug out cart.
    This is the one for the wife:

here are some other good ideas: I'm showing my favorite as it has the skid bar built into the design.

http://www.beachmall.com/product/HEC...chMallcom.html

Here's an inexpensive one: Wonder Wheeler Beach Carts
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
    (106 BC - 43 BC)

I had one of those wagons the nursery folks use. I loaded it up for a test and found out pretty quickly they don't go when loaded and on dirt. You can't pull hard enough to move them. It was pretty funny when it was all over with. I'm sure I looked like a cartoon character trying to pull it. I wound up giving it to my son for use around the house. He has a pretty big yard. A cart would be okay if you are on a hard surface but you might need some modifications (wide tires, etc) if you expect to use it on softer dirt.