Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prisoners after SHTF

Banned

SemperFi, I think you make a good argument describing a hypothetical inmate release in a TEOTWAWKI scenario. In all likelihood it would probably play out uniquely at each correctional facility based on the kinds of factors you've suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
    Well to be clear on the subject , I worked at a Federal Maximum Security Penitentiary In the Central Coast of California , the inmates will not be released , possibly minimum security inmates could be released because theres no fence around them anyway , but they would probably end up helping the staff because it would look favorable upon there release date! Anyone with a level above minimum would not be released ! Now in a situation where a real SHTF comes along like virus spreading and killing off people , the guards would actually abandon there post (just my thought) and so would most people , with that said , Im sure many inmates would be released because staff form relationships with inmates casual friendships , its human nature and they would to release these inmates , most would perish in there cells , some would figure out a way to get out ,its enevitable , my experience shows me that when one gets a chance he will not come after there civilian population nearby he disappears , they will however in this situtation go after there enemies inside and likely kill them !

Prisons in general are actually a great location for a SHTF sitiuation because they are enclosed communities which have food,medical,security and entire infrastructure! Think if SHTF ,a great idea would be to locate a prison , infiltrate the prison , kill off all th inmates ,now you have a formidable fortress!
    Good point Semper! I have little faith in government plans because it takes people to implement them, and like you said, and I already knew, the prison staff at some point is going to say, to h*ll with this and are going to abandon post. Your thoughts on the subject are more in line with what I invision, and are probably as accurate as we could get at this point.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Kyrat, I know they don't think about social break down and whatever else. I threw out the scenario of earthquake, tornado damage, and flooding as examples to the gal. Those are things that do happen in our neck of the woods. Is it a general PR answer? Probably. I'm not sure how KY does there corrections, but in Ohio, none of them are privatized.
    http://www.cleveland.com/open/index....tem_sales.html

Almost all the states have gone or are going to privatized management. The states are limited in where it can cut costs, espically in payroll. Privatized facilities start out with a clean slate and can hire without the state pay scale being imposed.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

@ Kyratshooter , sadlly your right , but you also will get inferior service , part of the problem with Privatization is the owners get rich off of this and everyone else who workes there suffers and the community suffers as well , the main reason I say this is because in the state or Federal system the officers who work there are Law Enforcement and they are certified , they are not certified in private joints and thus are not protected against assaults by inmates , protected means this , if a state officer is assaulted he is protected by the state he lives in and the assault is considered "assault on a law enforcement offficer , the state pays for any court appearances which this will go to court , these kinds of assaults dont happen very often , in a private joint you are not protected by the state and and you have to file an assault charge through the local juristiction , which basically means "out of pocket" the prison aint there to help you (they are paying you a salary) , I personally dont think the community at large is safe either , because without the law enforcement protections the officers become easy prey for the inmates like taking bribes , I could go on all day , but an easy analysis would be if the took GlockCops job from him and hired Wackenhut to be the security for the town where GlockCop was a cop ,can you imagine the abuses these security boobs would make , the bribes theyd take , I wouldnt want "billy bobs security company protecting me in my town , would you be ok with that?
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

[QUOTE=SemperFi;333471they are not certified in private joints and thus are not protected against assaults by inmates , protected means this , if a state officer is assaulted he is protected by the state he lives in and the assault is considered "assault on a law enforcement offficer , the state pays for any court appearances which this will go to court ,[/QUOTE]

That varies by state. In Ohio, assaulting a security gaurd is the same offense as assaulting a LEO.

Well when you ask questions like that it makes the establishment nervous,use a payphone.We have not only a Federal lockup but several county LU too.Every now and then some get out so it makes me feel fuzzy when they say none will be released.They don't even hold most murderers in Dallas county but for 2 to 5 years so when the money runs out so does the encarceration.Heck here in Texas they even think multiple murderers can be rehabilitated and released,god knows we have had enough of them reoffend.But if the money runs out look out.I mean we have kids throwin other kids in front of trains,gangs out of control,and a justice system that has turned into a legal system where the criminal has more rights than the law abiding citizen.If it gets that bad it's better to bug out than to stay,a nice country location away from the city would be better than dealing with street gangs,thugs, and all that will be deprived of there perks.People will kill to be comfortable so alot of people around without the ability to sustain themselves becomes a deadlycocktail of destruction,better to be far away than in the midst of a battle you will not win.

Words well spoken, Wholsom. I thought that TX was the expressway of the death penalty though.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Words well spoken, Wholsom. I thought that TX was the expressway of the death penalty though.
    From what I remember about Texas, they keep drug dealers in for years and years, but release murderers as soon as possible! It just dont make sense! Granted, drug dealers are bad people, but isn't it all a little backwards?

You guys slay me. You have a source on that?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah the Dallas mourning news,they did a study last year and found out that a 2year sentance is the average a murderer gets in Dallas,go figure it's all about DA MUNY.War on drugs I guess, where is the war on murder?In the public cases of murder the death penalty gets Texas the headline but the ones that don't get the limelite-go free quick to offend again to keep the revolving doors of the prisons working.Our child molester and sexual predetor list in our neighborhoods grows each year by the hundreds,and we are just supposed to allow them to reintegrate back into our lives and our neighborhoods because they serve there time,come on we are all adults here and our legal and prison system is broken.So here we sit wondering when the next home invasion,murder,rape,molestation or assault will happen and we are just supposed to be good little citizens and give them more money to make them comfortable and rehabilitate them.Just do a search of the sexual predators in your neighborhood and you will be surprised how many and sometimes who they are,you even may know a few.But just think, that's nothing, they are outnumbered by gangbangers and murderers who have been rehabilitated till they reoffend.Go figure.