Thread: A bit about me

Banned

Default A bit about me

I guess I'm off to a bad start. Came here as a guest. Found a blog where I thought I could offer some relevant information. Registered and responded to that post. So this would be my second post here. Sorry if I didn't follow protocol, but I had trouble even finding this page.

I am a male in my late 40's. I have one adult son and I currently call the Texas Hill Country Home. I live relatively close to both the cities of Austin and San Antonio. Recently I've come across some information which has elevated my concerns for the direction our "leaders" are taking this once great nation. I continue to hope and work for the best, but think it prudent to prepare for likely upcoming disruptions in our social structure.

My background is in residential construction and I have a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management. I am a jack of many trades with experience in structural design, carpentry, plumbing, residential electrical systems, some photo-voltaic systems, windmills and submersible pumps.

I enjoy deer and bird hunting and have hunted on my family's ranches for some 38 years. I usually perform all of my own meat processing myself for peace of mind and quality control. I have fished the Gulf of Mexico and the Bering Sea and many points in between. Ive recently developed an interest in re-loading and hope to aquire all the needed tools and reference materials as the situation allows. I've already got enough primers, casings, bullets and powder to likely last me a lifetime. I'm not really into archery although it has become increasingly popular around the area.

Other interests include grilling, cooking, baking and canning. I also enjoy many different styles of music with preference for country, folk, light rock, and bluegrass. I've even been known to pick a guitar now and then.

I settled on the name Cast-Iron because I admire its durability and I have a pretty good collection of the stuff.

I look forward to meeting some new friends here and expanding my breadth of knowledge for greater self-reliant living.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 02-24-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Land of a thousand lakes Northern Horseman's Avatar
    The geographical center of British Columbia

Welcome Cast-Iron, I hope you enjoy being here and look forward to your insights.
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
    (106 BC - 43 BC)

Welcome home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hello! Thank you for your introduction! Welcome to the board!
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...

Welcome Cast-Iron! Sounds like you are a well rounded guy. I too enjoy reloading. I reload shotshell so if you have any questions regarding that area, feel free to ask. The forums here are pretty friendly and the moderators are great guys. Just don't ask about a "hong". There are a wide range of people here with various backrounds and a huge amount of information. All in all, a good place to pull up a seat.

Welcome to WSF. I will be headed out your way in April to visit with some family. I hope its nice weather!

Willie
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

Hunter63, saying Hey, and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Howdy and welcome from the other side of Austin. If I can be of any help just holler

hello & welcome

Welcome to the forum. Come in and make yourself at home.

Oldtrap
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.