Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night time Tea drinkers here?

Default Night time Tea drinkers here?

Recently I've been finding myself very fond of drinking tea at night.
    I'm quite surprised at how it can relax you in hopes of a good nights sleep.
    Much better than large quantities of alcohol to get the same result.Besides I feel much better in the morning as well.lol
    So far I've been drinking chamomile, spearmint and lemongrass known as Sleepytime.
    Anybody else have any recommendations for teas that relax?

I have too! I just ran out of my herbal tea sampler so I'll have to get some more.
    My favorite was the lemon zinger, it has to be caffiene free.
    "In a jam, the best friend you have is yourself." -Dick Proenneke

I go through bouts of insomina each year. I turn to SleepyTime Extra tea. (The "Extra" is valerian herb.) It works good, but It would make me have to get up in the middle of the night to p. So now I mix strong with bare minimum water. Puts me to sleep and I don't have to get up. Good stuff. I read it was medically proven that a alcoholic "nightcap" would put you to "sleep" but actually hinders you form going into deep, restful REM sleep mode... ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I like tea as well. Try a mix of camomile, raspberry and mint, one bag each. Save the leftovers for the next day.

I make a lot of sun tea and like to mix flavors.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Is this a post on WSF or for the Tea club? My wife makes tea most nights, and if I drink some, it'll be the vanilla caramel. At work, I drink green tea (after I've had my coffee).
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

I don't drink tea at night, I drink regular Lipton tea after I've boiled it to get all of the caffeine I can get out of it! I add lots of sugar for an even bigger energy boost.

At night I drink hot cocoa before bedtime, the real stuff, not the envelopes. Milk has something in it that when it's heated causes you to relax and sleep well.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius95 View Post
    Is this a post on WSF or for the Tea club? My wife makes tea most nights, and if I drink some, it'll be the vanilla caramel. At work, I drink green tea (after I've had my coffee).
    After all surviving the concrete jungle can start with a good nights sleep.
    But seriously,I would add a few tea bags to any survival bag.The benifits are well worth the weight and the only additive needed is hot water.
    I've never tried pine needles or sassaphras.But,I'd most likely be brewing some if that's all I had out in the bush.

Pine is the berries. Sassafras has been linked to cancer.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I agree that tea can be a great thing before bedtime and also if you add a little honey to some teas. But my father recently introduced me to eating a spoonful of honey before bed. Sounds sweet I know but really it isnt that bad. Sounds weird but my dad has suffered with a chronic migraine for 14 years and anyone who gets migraines knows, they are horrible to have anytime and especially hard to sleep with. HOney somehow relaxes your complete body. He heard it from somewhere I cant remember but Ive tried it and it does work. One spoonful of honey to your head before bed, you can feel it relax you, no kidding. Even a small packet of honey is the perfect size before bed. goodluck, hope it helps

Odd,I've heard the needles make a tea that's higher in vitamin C than a lemon.
    Sassafras,really?Even the root?

EarthRocks,
    Thanks fior the tip on honey.Maybe I'll add a little to the tea each night.

Glad it's casual Friday the 13th.

I have a whole cabinet full of herbal teas as well as one full of english breakfast teas.
    I know what hunts you.

No problem hope it helps you.

I drink Arizona diet green tea at night at home.
    I use to drink sassafras tea, made from the roots, when I was a kid.
    I have eaten gumbo thickened with fila powder. That is dried sassafras leaves.
    I drink hot green tea when I've past my coffee quota for the day.

Here are a couple of respected authorities on the Sassafras.

http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Pla...Sassafras.html

scroll to bottom and read his note.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/48...as-tea-cancer/

Just make certain that the herb teas don't interfere with other meds you may be on and make certain your doctor is aware you are consuming them. Echinacea is echinacea whether you consume it in a tea or another way.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Let's just go for the whole ball of wax.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Stir in some of these little ditties

MmmmmMmmmmmMmmmmm

"They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

O, and one caution on the pine needle tea. Not to be consumed while pregnant.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

One of the most refreshing drinks you'll find in my opinion.It leaves a very clean taste in your mouth. Thanks for the pics!!

I happen to be in Indiana long time ago for the Indy 500, only to find the state "dry' something about "Blue laws"?

Anyway, went to a private country club after the race.....and they would serve you any kind of "Tea" you wanted, (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) in a tea cup.

Not a real big tea drinker, but do like rose hip/chamomile/ with honey, and ice tea.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yep. No sales on the Sabath.

Blog Entries

Cool Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by intothenew View Post
    O, and one caution on the pine needle tea. Not to be consumed while pregnant.
    Drat.....!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin