Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newly crowned "Hottest pepper in the world"

Funny, I thought the thread said "pRepper", so I was looking for a hottie. I guess you were referring to a different type of hottie.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Aw I can no longer say i've tried the hottest pepper in the world. I had some bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) at an Indian place, and I would never order it again. It was ridiculous that a pepper could do that to a human.....

Years ago a work buddy and I were on the road for business and stopped at a Thia restaurant. We placed an order and the owner/waiter asked us how hot we wanted it. He said, "On a scale of 1 to 5 how hot you want?" I said 2 but my buddy said 5. The owner said, "Okay, funny boy. You got 5." Mine was pretty spicy but his lit him up. He complained for two days that it still burned. I have no idea what the guy put in it but I was amazed my buddy ate it. Every bite had him in contortions.

Fast forward six months. We haven't been back to this restaurant for six months but decide to try it again. We walked in and the owner pointed at my buddy and started laughing. "Hey, you mister number 5".
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Endorphins. Some folks can get a pleasant rush eating them. The extreme pain, in the brain, says the mouth is literally on fire and the brain releases endorphins to deal with the pain. Since endorphins are what produces the high with morphine etc. they get a pleasant rush from it. My brain generally produces tears.

http://www.ivillage.com/endorphins-101-your-guide-natural-euphoria/4-a-108211

That's just bizarre, I'll stick with chocolate, pain free endorphins.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Haven't felt any endorphins kick in yet, but heat makes everything taste better.
    We now travel with hot sauce and low sodium soy sauce and know that no matter how lousy the food tastes these 2 things can make it infinitely better.

Any time we go to a Thai or Indian restaurant we have to convince them to make it HOT & spicy--we say, make it hot like you guys eat, not like white bread Anglos do. So far it has never been unbearable.

Oh, now there's cayenne choclate. Amazing! Never would have put those 2 things together, but it's a truly inspred combination.

Blog Entries

Oh if you like that, try a few squares 70% chocolate in your Chilli!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Blog Entries

Cool Right on Winnie!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Looks like a nasty Scotch Bonnet. I've never seen the point in eating something that causes so much pain.
    I'm with you. We have a word here in the colonies for people that like to eat that stuff, can you say masochists?

Next thing you know Bear Grylls will be putting them in his survival kit as a fire starter!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I'll keep to my jalepenoes and scotch bonnets,don't need anything that hot unless it's on a corned beef sammich left for the office sammich thief.Glory to the pain.

ghostpeppers are a regular part of my deit so I will try these also