Thread: Hello everybody!

Default Hello everybody!

Hey there people, my name's Ryan, and I would just like to say hello to all you outdoorsy folks!

In short I joined this forum in hopes of finding a handfull of people to maybe go live in the woods for... well the rest of my life. You know, a little offgrid community. A secret society perhaps?

I know I know alot of you are probably thinking either I'm nuts, or it's a fantasy whim that'll pass. Lol Mind you I've given this alot of thought and a whole lot of research. And I have actually been writing a book on rebuilding a civilization from ground up, which I plan on having 1 copy published as my own personal bible.

On the other hand if anyone finds this idea interesting, appealing even, please feel free to write me and ask anything you'd like, or even offer up any info you may have they may help me research or write for my book.

Or heck! Wanna come with me and build a little community so I don't have to go it alone? The more the merrier!

hunter63 say Hey, and Welcome.
    thanks for the invite , but no thanks......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome........

Welcome home. If you're writing the book and your researching what you need to live in the wild then doesn't your book miss a lot of information? Wouldn't you be better off using a book written by someone that's actually done it?

Like Hunter, I'll pass on the invite.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I'll pass as well. Good luck though. Hopefully you can pick up a few things here to help you along your way.

I understand the desire to live a simple, subsistence lifestyle - not all that sure about your "rebuilding a civilization from ground up", but to each his their own.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 02-11-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Howdy from Sarge!

Yeah...it doesn't "blow my skirt up" either, good luck, stay dry, and watch your "top-knot!"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Welcome.

Do you have 43 million $?

If so, count me in.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Im writing a book on surviving in the wilderness , most of my facts come from the Discovery channel's Survival shows . plus Ive read lots of internet blogs from people who've camped out at National parks , its gonna be "secret society" (well not anymore!) , but its gonna be interesting and fun , I already have several volunteers (paid customers) and the book will also be the "secret society bible" !!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

You are so bad. Raise saddle, remove burr.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyadam View Post
    Hey there people, my name's Ryan, and I would just like to say hello to all you outdoorsy folks!
    I'm indoorsy at the moment, I don't post much when I'm outdoorsy. Hey, back at ya' though.

In short I joined this forum in hopes of finding a handfull of people to maybe go live in the woods for... well the rest of my life. You know, a little offgrid community. A secret society perhaps?
    You don't sound very difinitive in your thoughts. Are you looking for any particular skillsets from people, or simply those of like mind? I can understand a passion for an offgrid lifstyle, but I can't get my head around a secret society. Would I be captive in this community?

I know I know alot of you are probably thinking either I'm nuts, or it's a fantasy whim that'll pass. Lol Mind you I've given this alot of thought and a whole lot of research. And I have actually been writing a book on rebuilding a civilization from ground up, which I plan on having 1 copy published as my own personal bible.
    Nuts? This has me conjuring up thoughts of a manifesto, a creed, a cult, a Jonestown. Maybe "the book" is a field manual of skillsets, but no one else will have access? Will you minister these thoughts?

On the other hand if anyone finds this idea interesting, appealing even, please feel free to write me and ask anything you'd like, or even offer up any info you may have they may help me research or write for my book.
    I don't think I understand the "idea". Your marketing is a bit vague.

Or heck! Wanna come with me and build a little community so I don't have to go it alone? The more the merrier!
    I'm confused here also. Does your book address tribal, community, global society or all of them? "little" and "the more the merrier" would require a different approach, or would it?
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Blog Entries

Cool Holy Moley!

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
    Im writing a book on surviving in the wilderness , most of my facts come from the Discovery channel's Survival shows . plus Ive read lots of internet blogs from people who've camped out at National parks , its gonna be "secret society" (well not anymore!) , but its gonna be interesting and fun , I already have several volunteers (paid customers) and the book will also be the "secret society bible" !!
    Wow! Sign me up dude!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Uh-oh!

Quote Originally Posted by intothenew View Post
    I'm indoorsy at the moment, I don't post much when I'm outdoorsy. Hey, back at ya' though.

You don't sound very difinitive in your thoughts. Are you looking for any particular skillsets from people, or simply those of like mind? I can understand a passion for an offgrid lifstyle, but I can't get my head around a secret society. Would I be captive in this community?

Nuts? This has me conjuring up thoughts of a manifesto, a creed, a cult, a Jonestown. Maybe "the book" is a field manual of skillsets, but no one else will have access? Will you minister these thoughts?

I don't think I understand the "idea". Your marketing is a bit vague.

I'm confused here also. Does your book address tribal, community, global society or all of them? "little" and "the more the merrier" would require a different approach, or would it?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Welcome to the forum. Come on in and make yourself at home. Good luck with your plans.

Oldtrap
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

mabuhay and welcome from philippines.

Blog Entries

Cool And..........

Also, if it's a "secret society," why are you telling us about it?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

hello & welcome good luck