Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: Why so many "GUESTS"...??????

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Question: Why so many "GUESTS"...??????

Why so many guest at this form? Why don't they want to play?

Perhaps they fear being victimized by Rick's rapier like wit...Nawww, pretty sure that's not it.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Banned

Maybe they all work for the government?
    Last edited by BraggSurvivor; 02-15-2008 at 12:16 AM.

I don't know. Kinda like watching animals in the zoo I guess. Pretty entertaining and usually make a mess of things.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

yo crash, be glad I don't take that as an insult or I'd have to fling poo in your general direction and chatter and screech loudly.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

At least it's not the monkey cage. They don't mind whose watching.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I came and went as a guest for a couple weeks before I sighed up. I wanted to be sure that the group could handle my warped sense of style.

I also did not want to be the only one here who loves Bacon and Ho Ho's. Twinkies are like Ho Ho's in that if you eat enough you will live forever, with all the presertives. OK! OK! Almost like Twinkies. OK! OK! Something like Twinkies! OK! OK! Nothing like Twinkies but they tast good too!

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Default Greetings.....

Good evening,

I know that I lurked in the shadows for several weeks as a 'guest', trying to pick up the climate of the forum before I put my foot forward and registered.

I have looked through a lot of the ‘survival’ forums on the net and most of them failed the ‘SHTF’ or ‘Zombie’ test so I kept on moving without taking a second look. I only came up with 9 threads that had those two little buzzwords, and I had to really look to find them.

I’m not much interested in ‘long term survival’, squirreling away food, water, and supplies so that I can live underground for twenty years until whatever disaster is past. I do however have about a month’s supply for myself in the pantry if life as we know it falls off the grid for a while.

I’m more about being able to be comfortable for 72 hours or more if I am injured while hiking, or mountain biking and not being able to get back home when I had planned. I’m not one of those that wants to be able to walk into the woods with a pocket knife and their shoe laces and expect to be able to survive forever. I do want to continue to learn how to carry less stuff in my pack and still be as comfortable and as safe as possible.

hopefully I will get some of the good little tidbits to help lighten the load, and maybe pass on some of the things I've learned along the way.
    Last edited by Shaman; 02-15-2008 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Bad grammar.....

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the form Shaman. What kind of Mt. Bike you riding? I hauled the Proflex: "BEAST" out of storage yesterday. We'll see how it likes being rode by 674 Pounds of Pillsberry "dough-boy"...........

Well....It's not really a mountain bike, more like a two wheeled urban assault vehicle.

It's a '02 Specialized P2 with disc brakes, huge tires and really low gears. Kind of like having an old Willy's flat fender with the factory installed Warn direct drive/overdrive. Really nice for climbing over rocks, or ride a fallen log over the odd creek.

Oh, my! (running around without direction) He doesn't believe! No zombies? No SHTF? A stranger among us! What will we do?

Welcome Shaman. A few of us have a little common sense. Glad to have someone else join that does. I won't name the ones that don't have any common sense. They already know who they are.

This post is probably why they stay guests, Hopeak. Just a guess.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

So true. Or they may be of the conspiracy mind set, knowing that if they log on and start talking about TSHTF that there will soon be a knock on their door. After all we are watching.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I only lurked for about 5 mins...just enough to make sure this forum was actually active...cuz nothing sucks worse then joining a forum and no one posts...well actually, theres alot of things that suck worse, and this situation might not even make the top 100 list...but its pretty sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Perhaps they fear being victimized by Rick's rapier like wit...Nawww, pretty sure that's not it.
    I second this, Rick does give out a vibe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,A attractive vibe
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

I often read without logging in, so I suspect at least one of them thar guests would be me. Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I often read without logging in, so I suspect at least one of them thar guests would be me. Sometimes.
    I'd guest as much....

thats me in the corner thats me in the spot light losing my direction(get it)

Um, no - but that's just me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

REM....Losing my religion

(wareagle shakes head slowly) dude how old are you that was an easy one