Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

110 degrees in the shade TucsonMax's Avatar

The show is an insult to our collective intelligence.
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMax View Post
    The show is an insult to our collective intelligence.
    Only if you watch it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Have you actually seen our collective intelligence? It might be a toss up.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ok I stand corrected on the OTR laws . However one of the major problems is the reciprocity laws is that most trucking companies dont follow these laws and niether do the states (that claim they do, read about this in the NRA) and heaven forbid if you drive into Chicago or New york , just having a gun in your possession is jail time , make deliveries on Military bases , federal prisons , National Guard Installations , State prisons , you gonna tell them you have a couple ar 15's and enough ammo to start your own war? Well it doesnt matter , they are gonna search your vehicle , and every military or government agency in the US has signs that specifcally state before entering YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS to search and seizure ! But hey if you dont go to these places I guess your Ok , and as far as the National Geospatial agency , Rick , you dont think the intel boys know who you are? When you registered this website and the domain it was in your real name , thats simple public information right there , sattellite imagery is so sophisticated right now that yes when give the input of who you are it can be applied to your cell phone where ever you are! I know it sounds scientific or SYFY but its not , its real , Ive been to the agency (st louis) obviously I wasnt given top secret intel but think of it like this ,if you get the free version of GOOGLE MAPS ,you can see your house , with the paid version you can almost see the license plate on your vehicle in the driveway , you dont the an agency like this can see a little clearer?
    Last edited by SemperFi; 02-25-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

My only point is that seeing you and knowing your identity are two different things. Knowing the owner of a web site is no different that knowing the owner of a car or a house or a boat. I can see you with binoculars. That doesn't mean I can identify you. There are 311 million people in the U.S. Do you think all of them are being tracked?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There are 311 million people in the U.S. Do you think all of them are being tracked?
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I thought it was funny the retired cop/trucker guy is going to spend $1100 on camo netting to hide a silver and chrome truck in the desert. What a waste of money...I can hide an elephant in clear sight just by using a pair of those big clown sunglasses.

is being a "super-duper Moderator" close to being an Administrator?
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

In this thread it is.

My DIL discovered this show this week..... I have been under a barrage of text (she does not know how to communicate verbally...LOL....) she was amazed and intrigued,good grief,but it at least got her attention.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Banned

I'm one of the Proud, the Few and The Chosen ---> I'm an ex-Marine, stupid, money hungry, crazy, publicity seeking, Doomsday Prepper (S1E9 - March 27, 2012) Please - if I missed any of your other insults, please know I appreciate them.

First, there was no money. That's right - I haven't met any of the participants who were paid.

Second, you can pretend you are ready but no one knows what will happen. IF it is as bad as the "Solar Flares" (Carrington Effect) I was 'forced' to talk about on NatGeo, where do you think you can hide when 300,000,000 people flee the cities?

Third, I rather educate my family, friends and neighbors rather than kill them as dehydrated Zombies later. SO I'll be a face for reason rather than violence. I'll look for any opportunity to teach. Such as ......

Did Great “Old Time Radio” make you laugh and feel good?

The 'Red M&M' (George Bettinger is discussing Laughter & Life mixed with music - and guest appearance by “Doomsday Prepper” Jack Jobe ---- LIVE at 4pm est (2mst) TODAY on [URL="............................................. ....[/URL]

Let us make you smile. And Walk About Prepared! (tm)
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-05-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Removed url

JackJobe - that is now twice that you have posted a link to your stuff. We do not allow spam on this site. Third times a charm.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Put me in, coach. Come on. I can do it!

JJ - Seriously. If you were on the show, you gotta know that they are gonna make you look foolish. You have to know that going in. The shows are about ratings not about teaching. The more bizarre they can make it the better the ratings. For anyone to go on national television and talk about what preparations they have and where they keep them is, well, a little naive. I'll go with naive since you don't like insults.

Sounds to me like JJ is trying really hard to sell something.......Just like the guy on D-day preppers. (The one who shot his thumb off.)

Hey, wait a minute! Are you that guy?

Come on.......give us a "thumbs-up"!
    (snicker, snicker)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    JackJobe - that is now twice that you have posted a link to your stuff. We do not allow spam on this site. Third times a charm.
    It would appear that JJ is not very bright. He has been told how to post his mess, so that everyone can see it, but it appears that he can't follow simple directions......or friendly advice.

You would think that someone who claims to be preparing for teotwawki, would be able to pay attention and adapt. I'm thinking that if things go bad, JJ is gonna be screwed.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Now thats funny right there! I was watching and thinking What A Dumb###. While laughing the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Sounds to me like JJ is trying really hard to sell something.......Just like the guy on D-day preppers. (The one who shot his thumb off.)

Hey, wait a minute! Are you that guy?

Come on.......give us a "thumbs-up"!
    (snicker, snicker)
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

Blog Entries

Cool Hear dat!

Quote Originally Posted by JackJobe View Post
    First, there was no money. That's right - I haven't met any of the participants who were paid.
    Ya see, Jack, that was your 1st, really dumb mistake. You better believe that the guys that make that series are raking in the dough! Everybody wants their mug on national TV, no matter what they have to do to get it there. Signing up for a show like this is just asking for trouble, the producers go out of their way to make you look like some kind of "nut job! That's what they did on "Extreme Couponing:" They stiffed the couponers and made them look "greedy" as opposed to "thrifty." Your 2nd big mistake was showing your preps on National TV, now the "bad guys" got your number! Your 3rd big mistake is thinking that your tougher than all of the bad guys out there; I never met anyone yet who was bullet proof! BTW, which episode were you on? The "Doomsday Preppers" website does not list you under the name of Jack Jobe.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 03-05-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

This looks like an air date and episode number
    Doomsday Prepper (S1E9 - March 27, 2012)
    No money???
    In it for the publicity? Gonna make you a star? Gonna make you a go-to guru? Sign on the dotted line to give up your name, your face, your location. All for your very own 15 minutes of fame. Ringling was right.

Banned

As a Journalist "Doomsday Prepper" (S1E9 - Mar 27, 2012), I found this site while researching to make my own plan.

I'll be on TV this morning. Jack Jobe, Doomsday’s Super Bunkers (10:35am ET 3-7-12) Live.FoxNews.com What can “Urban Dwellers” do? Could you get there if you can afford one?

Thank You all for your wonderful advice and your concern, but I'd rather educate people than kill them. Don't ANY of you have anything constructive to add? Is your whole life about 'the negative', practicing to kill your family, friends and neighbors because you are too cowardly to teach them, AND being cruel and critical of people you don't know? I'd rather take the high road, build teams and communities. The Marine Corp taught me that. You can't hide in a War. Survival IS cooperation.

I thought this board was for adults, not cruel children who believe they have all the right ideas and everyone else is stupid and these are the Senior members. (Do you have the courage to leave this posted and allow this discussion?)

At 66, disabled and with a "city girl" wife, where am I going to hide? Answer this - do you honestly believe no one will find you and your plan is to kill them if they do? And I'm crazy!

Jack, It is not what you have presented, but how you have presented it.

1: If you didn't get paid a thing for them to make a huge amount of money, you may want to reconsider your theories of economics. That also demonstrates that you can be taken advantage of.

2: Most everyone here prepares for at least one thing or another. The show does make those who prepare look like they are one neuron away from the funny farm when we are in fact normal people. In a sense, we find that a bit.....offensive!

3: This is a pretty civil site. We all don't see eye to eye on all issues, but we maintain civility while agreeing to disagree. If you have an issue with the admin persons, send them a PM or send Chris the owner of the site a PM. "Blasting" someone on an open forum is just bad form. It kinda reminds me of my three year old when she throws a temper tantrum. Just tone it down a bit and be sure that respect is given so you don't get kicked off. Who knows, I might be able to learn from you and you might be able to learn form me!