Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Banned

Default "and these turds" Replies

Dear SemperFi: I'm a Proud 'Marine Trud' according to your definition.

I'm also an Emmy-nominated Photojournalist, with Sales and Public Service awards. I'm just the kind of Turd who is willing to Speak Up for those who can't face Reality. IF 200 Million (many will die) somewhat prepared people flee cities, there IS no place to hide. Instead .... let's educate them.

Listen, Learn and Laugh with Jack Jobe as

explores Emergency Preparedness. 10am MST Feb 13 -
    also 'Archived'.

Be Honest, Be Excellent & Walk About Prepared™
    Last edited by Rick; 02-13-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Removed URL

Well that post won't last long, put your site in your signature not in the post.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I've removed the link to your site. It's a violation of forum rules to post a link to any site you have an interest in withing the body of a post. You can place it in your signature if you choose.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I wonder if a show would be successful with people like us on there that just shows the skills that is needed, and offers good sane sound advice on prepping? No drama, no BS, just good ole surviving and prepping!
    Naaaaaaa, on second thought, never mind!
    Last edited by Wildthang; 02-19-2012 at 12:21 PM.

They want tv drama and someone to look like an idiot,IE the show tonight had a man shoot his thumb off because he didn't follow the rules,never put anything or anyone in the muzzleblast area of your firearm.They don't seem to have an education format,only the one of lets see how dumb we can make people who prep look.

Ii like watching these type of shows just to see where I might be able to prop up some of my own weaknesses and build on them !
    Have you thanked a Vet today ??

Quote Originally Posted by wholsomback View Post
    They want tv drama and someone to look like an idiot,IE the show tonight had a man shoot his thumb off because he didn't follow the rules,never put anything or anyone in the muzzleblast area of your firearm.They don't seem to have an education format,only the one of lets see how dumb we can make people who prep look.
    I saw that episode too , that guy blew off his thumb and the TV crew had to fly him to a hospital 40 miles away to have it re attached in their helicopter ! what a dufus , !!
    Have you thanked a Vet today ??

I watch the show because it does stimulate brainstorming. I think alot of it is BS and that it is stupid to prepare for one event that is very slim of ever happening. I prepare for fires, riots, civil disturbances, loss of utilities, tornadoes, etc. You know, the stuff that happens to everyone at least a handfull of times throughout their life. Like I said, it gets me thinking though. Maybe it is an item they have that I didn't think of or maybe just a way to store and organize something.

The closest I've ever been to a riot was the time they announced a sale in Ladies Wear at Walmart. Actually, that was more like a stampede. As to civil disturbance, isn't that a oxymoron? Wouldn't it be an uncivil disturbance?

A civil distrubance:

"I say, officer, would you mind terribly is I toss this bottle?"
    "That would be littering but I empathize with your need to make a statement. Go ahead."
    "Thank you. (Tosses bottle). You'll probably need to arrest me now. Do they serve coffee at lock up?"
    "Yes, yes we do. Are those handcuffs too tight?"
    "Not at all."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Uh, Rick...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The closest I've ever been to a riot was the time they announced a sale in Ladies Wear at Walmart. Actually, that was more like a stampede.
    Are you sure that wasn't "Black Friday?"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I know riots seem rare for alot of people. I live in the Cincinnati area and there was a huge riot that occurred back in 2000. A (white) cop shot and killed a (black) kid when he reached into his waistband. Cincy, being racially on edge anyway, errupted into a long race riot where all kinds of damages occurred over several days. I think alot of riots and (un)civil disturbances occur, but the media doesn't dwell on them too much in fear that it will add to the issues.

Look at the occupy movement. I'm not going towards politics, but if you don't think those are on the edge of creating some riot type issues I urge to rethink it a little bit.

Well what moron would advertise there "location" , the "amount of weapons and ammo" ,the "food stored" ,the "water stored" , "how secure there fortress is" ,considering they all are against the government ! The guy in Texas with his fortress of conex boxes /turned home, your spot is the first spot the feds will take , if the Texas Rangers dont get it first! and JackJobe your an idiot , period , if thats your show , if your serious about prepping and survival why in the world would you show this to people all over the world watching tv ? For education , "Listen, Learn" what not to do , first thing you do if you dont want Homeland security on your *** is you KEEP QUIET!! You dont go on TV and tell everyone you have enough food for 5 years (everyone in the area) who seen this show from the cesspool city will be traveling out to your place , ya think you CAN stop em, all , think you CAN get out of dodge in those buses without being stopped? Not gonna happen!

The show is entertaining ,thats the only reason its on tv , as far education alot good things are being done ,except for one thing the "experts assessment" doesnt tell you : NEVER tell mass media where you live, what you have ,what you dont have" too bad all these losers already have and there cover is already blown!

The guy in Georgia with his "secret room " has all kinds of food and tons of weapons , shows all his stuff , my guess is he will be audited this year by the IRS , so much for that business he had , he will be crippled all for making an *** of himself on tv
    Last edited by SemperFi; 02-23-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Well they can go for thier stuff and leave us alone! But you know, it is sad when having supply's ammo, and few guns is seemingly against the law, and you have to worry about confiscation! What is this world coming to?

Blog Entries

Cool Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
    Well what moron would advertise there "location" , the "amount of weapons and ammo" ,the "food stored" ,the "water stored" , "how secure there fortress is" ,considering they all are against the government ! The guy in Texas with his fortress of conex boxes /turned home, your spot is the first spot the feds will take , if the Texas Rangers dont get it first! and JackJobe your an idiot , period , if thats your show , if your serious about prepping and survival why in the world would you show this to people all over the world watching tv ? For education , "Listen, Learn" what not to do , first thing you do if you dont want Homeland security on your *** is you KEEP QUIET!! You dont go on TV and tell everyone you have enough food for 5 years (everyone in the area) who seen this show from the cesspool city will be traveling out to your place , ya think you CAN stop em, all , think you CAN get out of dodge in those buses without being stopped? Not gonna happen!

The show is entertaining ,thats the only reason its on tv , as far education alot good things are being done ,except for one thing the "experts assessment" doesnt tell you : NEVER tell mass media where you live, what you have ,what you dont have" too bad all these losers already have and there cover is already blown!

The guy in Georgia with his "secret room " has all kinds of food and tons of weapons , shows all his stuff , my guess is he will be audited this year by the IRS , so much for that business he had , he will be crippled all for making an *** of himself on tv
    I'm in total agreement. Even worse, how many people of questionable character are taking notes on these folks, planning on visiting them when it all goes down? The preppers aren't the brightest folks, that's for sure! By the way, Semper Fi, great post! Positive rep sent!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Watched my first episode last night that included Megan Hurwitt, The Young Urban Prepper I was surprised that she was storing over 160 condums. I didn't think she could carry that much water. :-)
    And what happens when her water breaks???
    I know what hunts you.

She better hope there's a midwife around.

Semper Fi, I agree with you entirely. I wouldn't share that info either. Heck, I don't even tell the rest of my family!

Well I am with you Nater , my wife doesnt care so she inst in the know as to what I do about survival, possibly and hopefully not she will never know what I had to protect us!

I just watched the latest show and it had the cop /trucker , first off the National Transportation Agency (or whatever there called ) forbids any OTR trucker from carrying firearms in there trucks , even concealed licenses cant be applied , Im pretty sure carrying a couple AR's and tons of ammo wont fly! But I surely wouldnt care , but this idiot is begging "Troopers" from all over the country to stop him on the road , do any of these people not realize that the Homeland Security agency just needs to "ask" the National Geographic Channel for the info of where these people are and likely they will hand it over , not to mention The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency has the knowledge and the high tech technology to pin point there location anywhere in the world ? Look em up if you think they are not a real agency , just another Intel agency spying on Americans!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

I wished you'd offer up sources for some of the things you post. CDL does not restrict you from CCW. You simply have to follow state laws and recognize which states honor your CCW and which do not just like anyone else.

How is any agency going to pinpoint you anywhere in the world? No one can track you unless your cell phone happens to be GPS equipped and you are currently carrying it. Even then, a court order is required to obtain the information from the telcos. They might be able to photograph me from the big eye in the sky but how are they going to know who I am?

Finally, if you guys don't share any information with your family how are they going to know what to do if you are the one severely injured or killed?

I agree with you Rick.

My immediate family knows about the preps, just not outside the immediate family. My wife still isn't fully onboard, but she is walking towards the train and doesn't fuss about me doing it. She is all for the storing of first aid and food supplies. The arsenel is not her at all, but hopefully I will get her out and do some plinking starting in spring. It is all a work in progress.