Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Default Doomsday Preppers

New show on NatGEO premiers Feb 7th. Should be interesting.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...sday-preppers/
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Blog Entries

Cool Oh, just great!

Yeah, let's just broadcast just how crazy preppers look so FEMA knows where to go the next time there's a problem in that area! I can't believe people did this!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

the show has been aired at least twice before.
    I know what hunts you.

I saw it advertised. I will check it out and see what it is like.

I believe that its the same 4 families that advertised themselves last year. All the best to them, hope ones close to my house so everybody and there brother will br beatin down their door.
    "The sky's blue, water's wet, and sh&t happens." Bruce Willis The Last Boy Scout

"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes. If you F*#& with me. I'll kill you all."
    USMC Gen. James Mattis to Iraqi tribal leaders

This is a new one. I actually think they advertised for this here on WSF.
    It's going to be an interesting year in the 'survival' arena as the countdown to 2012 December prediction gets closer. Prepare to see alot of this crap on TV.

Read the bios of some of the people. This could be funny. Some guy spent $40,000 collecting a seed bank.

Megan, lots of guns and a seed bank. In downtown Houston. Wonder if she plans on planting those seeds in my garden plot? Don't bet on it.

Dennis, an army of a family and a yard full of sculptures. No comment

Kellene, lots of food stored in the Mormon way. With neighbors of the same cloth to help out. Still, I like the last line of the bio written by the filmographer, "In the improbable chance the world ends in my lifetime and I had to choose one place to wait it out, I think I’d choose a place with the freshly baked smell of a four-cheese Italian risotto." Yeah, you and everyone else. Be interesting to see if she has plans for cooking that risotto.

David, again no comment. A "Hillbilly" prepper. Going for the bizarre?

Christopher, living off the land in LA should the Big One occur. I wonder if he realizes he'll be living off the land with about 9.8 MILLION other people.

Kathy Harrison, this one holds some promise as a bug in, but there must be something sensationalist to have made the cut.

Paul and Gloria, a doomsday pod?

Dennis, this is your pool garden guy again.

There seems to be several others that didn't make the bio page based on the airing lineup.

Reality shows make me sick, and the people in them are just doing it for the money. Sometimes I think that the entre shows are staged and the people in them are just told what to say and do! That show is propbably going to make real prepers and survivalists look stupid which is far from reality! I mean really, " Doomsday Prepers " just the name tells me how this is going to go!
    Last edited by Wildthang; 01-29-2012 at 08:55 AM.

I haven't the slightest hope that this will be anything but a joke. David Sarti, the hillbilly prepper is on it so nothing serious can come of it. Too bad, too. They are just painting preppers as morons.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I just watched some of what I guess was the old on, on youtube. I kinda like the pool garden family. I think they are screwed if TSHTF (I think they are a big target.), but I like their self sufficient ways, as a daily way of life.

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination an environmental wacko, but I do believe that we all need to be more efficient. (I guess I was just raised not to be wasteful.)

And if nothing else......fresh, un-processed food is GOOD! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I haven't the slightest hope that this will be anything but a joke. David Sarti, the hillbilly prepper is on it so nothing serious can come of it. Too bad, too. They are just painting preppers as morons.

So, I'm....ummm.....dang, nevermind.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Moron is beyond 2Dumb. There's dense, dumb, 2dumb, Hey ya'll watch this then moron.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

It will be interesting only perhaps for the comments of their 'survival experts' on what these folks are doing wrong.
    Or, it could just be a show painting preppers as morons.

Hey Rick, do you have your 2012 End of The World marketing materials out there yet for the Safe Zone? I'd be feeding off that hype like a shark on chum (with a satellite site of course, gotta keep a serious tone for the serious people).

I've started a new web site to take advantage of the paranoia. You can visit www.realmayanjunktosaveyourjunk.com

Hey, link didn't work....WOT UP?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Uh.......um........It's, like made up?........but I'll get on that right away. Should be up by 2013 at the latest.

All I gonna say, was there was a big sale on gen sets about the end of January, 2000, right after the Y2K thing....LOL.

I guess it's the nature of the beast to have shows showing people in a loony light, even commericals always depict the male, husband/boyfriend/friends as "Dumas's"....and no I not gonna put my TP in a decorated coffee can, unless it's in the truck.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Show was never intended to put peppers in a good light. A friends distant relative was one of the casting folks. He suggested me to them. I got through three steps of the process and was told "your not extreme enough or paranoid enough, thanks, have a good day." At that I was glad to have no part of it.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Banned

I'm excited for the new season of The Colony.

Blog Entries

Cool The sad reality about the reality shows.

My wife is a great "couponer" and saves us tons of money; so when the reality show "extreme couponing" came out she was pretty excited to watch it. However it soon turned out that the show was "rigged" to make the couponers all look either crazy or super-paranoid. My wife knows some of the people on the show from her forums and found out from them what lengths the producers go to to create conflict within the family, at the stores, and so on. I would advise folks to avoid having anything to do with these type of programs. On Cody's web-site he blames Steve Irwin's death on the producers of Steve's show.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I doubt they said exactly that TresMon. No smart casting director or producer is going to tip their hand like that.