Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IDIOTIC gun stuph..........

That's what I don't understand about towns in fiscal crisis. First thing to be cut is fire and police services. They really should start elsewhere. They still keep tying the police upgrades (new cruisers and computer hardware) to some very unsavory low income housing requirements approvals during town voting. The low income housing articles don't pass so neither does the new equipment. It's backfired on the selectmen for 3 years now. It's finally been noticed by the voters too.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    That's what I don't understand about towns in fiscal crisis. First thing to be cut is fire and police services. They really should start elsewhere. They still keep tying the police upgrades (new cruisers and computer hardware) to some very unsavory low income housing requirements approvals during town voting. The low income housing articles don't pass so neither does the new equipment. It's backfired on the selectmen for 3 years now. It's finally been noticed by the voters too.
    Politics, my friend. People want police and fire so they will tie other things to it in hopes of getting what they want. It they don't get what they want, then the people don't get what they want. More reason to hate politians!

The story goes something like this: There was a guy at the range who could not get his weapon to chamber a round. After struggling through a clearing drill to no avail, the Range Master approaches him to check his weapon and discoveres every bullet loaded backward in the mag. The Range Master asked why he loaded his mag that way. The genius respondes, "Because the bullets go into the mag alot easier that way, Duh!". The "Duh!" part just says it all.
    9mm: Because I've seen a .45 bounce off of a windshield MORE THAN ONCE.

9mm: Because even 1911 guys don't want to get shot with one of my "little" bullets.

9mm: Because low round count single stack pistols suck in a gun fight!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Went to the range the other night to find a poor soul shooting and searching for his hits with binoculars.

I ask what he is doing.

He replies that he is trying to see where his gun is shooting and after a full box of shells can not find a hole in the target. Worthless gun!

Did I mention he was on the 100 yard range.......with a .410 shotgun and #6 shot!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You should have offered him $20 for the shotgun.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    You should have offered him $20 for the shotgun.
    Yeah...No shut, got a Mossberg Model 500 that way, ribbing on the barrel was loose....and after listening to 30 min of cussing and bad language, offered the guy $100 bucks for it....He handed it to me.... went back got the case and shooting box and walked off.....

Tightened up the set screw, then punched it so it wouldn't move.
    Added a 18-1/2' Breach-er barrel for it, at the time was like $79 bucks.....still would have it except for that dern canoe......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

See there? I'm not the only one. There should be a safety sticker of some sort on those canoes. "Warning! Firearms are likely to be lost if placed inside the canoe".
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    See there? I'm not the only one. There should be a safety sticker of some sort on those canoes. "Warning! Firearms are likely to be lost if placed inside the canoe".

Yeah, particularly when those snakes drop in with you, those double stack magazines are not always your friend...........

I had a cousin in law (had to spell it out. No would have known what CIL stood for). The seams on his aluminum john boat leaked. He carried a coffee can of tar and gasoline. If a seam starting leaking he'd just work up some tar and shove into the seam where the leak was. There was a lot of tar smeared on the inside of that boat. I didn't fish with him too much. It was a bit counter intuitive to me that aluminum and tar could float. Maybe it was just me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

LOL, bet it beats silicone, looks like snot!.....

The $50 buck "snot rocket" still leaks, I keep it down by the river, for those "cross the river quick and pick up your deer" trips....silicone hanging all over it, even camo paint didn't help......looks like camo snot.
    Keep hoping it will get "stolt"....so I can tell my insurance guy that the Bayliner got carried away by the flood.......No luck,.... people keep bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Went to the range the other night to find a poor soul shooting and searching for his hits with binoculars.

I ask what he is doing.

He replies that he is trying to see where his gun is shooting and after a full box of shells can not find a hole in the target. Worthless gun!

Did I mention he was on the 100 yard range.......with a .410 shotgun and #6 shot!
    Then there is the range officer....(shotguns are not allowed at the range) But, Mr Range Officer this a slug barrel I intend to shoot .50 cal sabot slugs at 100 yds. " We are not equipped for shotguns, no shotguns"
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

No range officer at the club I just joined.....just a range, that you can use any time you want.....free ear protection, $7 bucks a year.

No range officer at our range either. I have access to the club range and the public range.

One state WMA officer in charge of three local areas totaling 5,000 acres.

All the range effort is volunteer. We clean it, maintain it, protect it as best we can. Most of the people are relitively safe, just dumb as a post.

No RSO at mine either. Just a sign that says, "We are not your mother. Pick up your own crap."

Well yeah ! That was twenty years ago....Cowboy has his own range! The horses get a little excited. I guess I am the range officer now.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I do have a 100 yd range down by the shed.....but drives the dog nuts to hear the shooting and not see wahts going on, so I only use it if they aren't there.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Or if I am just trying to see if something shoots or not.

I built a small bore range in the back yard a couple of weeks ago. I have been meaning to post pics. It turned out pretty well and stops .22/9mm/38spl lead bullets with no problem. 1/4" plate as a backstop. I can't get but about 25 yards usable range out of my setup. I mostly built it to practice with the .22 pistol for our steel shoots and metalic silhouette matches.

I am the only idiot I need to worry about at that range.

I worked with a guy that build a .22 range inside his house. He used phone books as a backstop. It doesn't all have to be at the range. Stupid is as stupid does.

I am an NRA cert. RSO and the two things I see and stop the most are people who want to flip the muzzle on their handgun to look at the safety or when they have a malfunction. So as they look at the left side of the gun they point the muzzle left. When they look at the right side they point the barrel right. The other one is when people start talking with someone else about a gun when the range is cold. You see them walk closer to the gun. I warn them in advance not to touch the gun and they always say they weren't going to. But, I have seen to many people forget not to touch them.

Also, the RSO is there to enforce range rules in the SOP manual. If it says no shotguns. That means no shotguns. That includes shotguns with a slug barrel. If it didn't then it should say so in the SOP. If I shot at that range and wanted to shoot a shotgun with a slug barrel. I would speak to the CRSO about changing that rule in the SOP. Our CRSO changes stuff on a whim. But, she owns the range.

You can shoot any fire arm you want at out range. Targets have to not be a threat to the mower and be at a safe distance to reduce the threat of ricochet.

Here is a metal shoot they had a couple of weeks ago that someone posted a video. The weather was bad that day and so I didn't go.

Your range obviously has a person in charge, who is there and has the ability to evict evil doers and stupid people!

I also am a certified range safty officer. That and a dollar will buy me a cup of coffee at Micky Dees' on the way home from the public range.

Around here telling someone what they can do at the range, what they can shoot or how they can shoot, if you are not wearing an LEO uniform, will get you an invitation to get in your vehicle and find another place to be.

No one seems to be impressed with my importance!

But that situation insures I have an unending list of stupid things I have seen at the range.

I am one of the five people in my county that really knows how the holes got in the range roof! Were you aware that a Kimber trigger could be adjusted down until it will not hold the sear as the bolt is closed?
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 05-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.