Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Survivors Random Howdy Thread

2D - I grew up in the trucking industry and your observations about other drivers is something I've noticed for a long time. Up until the trucking industry was deregulated in 1980 drivers would actually wave at one another when they passed. They still do, of course, but they don't use all their fingers today.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

2d, when did truck drivers start speaking English?

My biggest exposure to truck drivers was when I was in the Army Reserve. My MOS was a truck driver. I was a college student at the time. Most of the older members of my company were over-the-road truckers in their civilian jobs. They would talk your ear off. Mostly because they finally had someone they could talk to, and that person really couldn't leave. When I finally drove over-the-road in Iraq, I decided I didn't like it all that much. It was very motivating to me to finish school.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Well, the upside is they don't shoot at you here like they did in Iraq. Well, not as much anyway.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    2D - I grew up in the trucking industry and your observations about other drivers is something I've noticed for a long time. Up until the trucking industry was deregulated in 1980 drivers would actually wave at one another when they passed. They still do, of course, but they don't use all their fingers today.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!

Hold on, just one dang minute!!

You grew up?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I'm about ready to start driving truck Istart mar 27th,or april 3rd

2nd that on you grew up

Howdy survivors! I have been remodeling our laundry room today and will probably work on it all day tomorrow. I decided to put in a new water heater, and it will be a lot easier with everything out of there! The old water heater works but it is 15 years old, and it pops and makes all kinds of funny sounds, so it's going to da dump! I have also replaced all of the faucets, and piping to the water softener!
    Plumbing sucks

*brrp* went to the food trucks for lunch. Hit up the Filipino truck for lechón kawali (fried pork belly) and had some orange / pepper / lemon / cardamom / ginger sorta agua fresca from the market to wash it down with.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

and x3 that Rick ever grew up

You silly geese!
    Rick DID grow up, too. According to the WSF public record, his F.A.R.T. rescue britches are XXXL.

Well, to be fair, there's a difference between growing up and growing out.

Mornin ya scurvy wilderness people

good morning everyone,beautyful morning here

Quote Originally Posted by jake abraham View Post
    good morning everyone,beautyful morning here
    Yeah here too Jake. If I didn't have to finish working on the laundry room, I would have to fire up the old ZX-14 and go ride the living heck out of it! That's the red one below!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by Wildthang; 03-17-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Wildthang,
    We see the rope lights wrapped around the pole....

...did you have another party, with yourself?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

(snort, giggle) That's not funny, 2D (chortle)

another beautful day, it would be great to be out riding Wildthang

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Wildthang,
    We see the rope lights wrapped around the pole....

...did you have another party, with yourself?
    Well my man cave is a party place. But you didn't see the stripper pole in there did you? The girls love to dance so I figure they might as well do the dances I like to see. They are getting real good at it too............Boooooyah!

Well I'm back on campus, had a great spring break a little fishing, shooting, back road cruising, and bow fishing. Had a blast, worked a little and made some cash. Another month and a half and I'll be back to tearing up southern Indiana this summer!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by jake abraham View Post
    another beautful day, it would be great to be out riding Wildthang
    Yeah I finally got the ZX-14 out for about an hour , and found a road straight enough to hit 170mph, but I started running out of road and had to shut it down. It will do 187mph if you have enough road!

Great Day today ,But I Have a Dr. Appt. for My Back and Head Then Will Be On the Road for 3 Hours Headding to Jacksonville. Making a Trip there for Leather from the Tandy Store and Woodcraft Has a Sale On Wood .Been Eyeing The Tasmanian Eucalyptus Burl They Have 40% off a 2x2x12 Going for 19.79 It's Going to Make a Nice Knife.
    To Fail Is to Learn from your Mistakes and Advanced off of that Failure.