Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Survivors Random Howdy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    ADA doesn't mean anything in this case, trust me I tried, I told them they were discriminating against vets blah blah blah no deal. I talked to the lead paramedic instructor and he said most certainly they can do that. Just like people with diabetes. Anything that could interefere with driving. You can get denied for having high blood pressure. After 15 years of being a truck driver my dad had his revoked for a minor surgery.

It's because diazapam is a "hot med." They don't want me driving around in outer space, which clearly I wouldn't do. I'm going to appeal, I have a doctors apt at the end of the month, and hopefully they'll say i'm not going to respond to a call code three tipping back a bottle of pills with one hand and steering with the other...
    Heck one of these days, nobody will be healthy enough to drive a truck! I remember the days that truck drivers lived on coffee and no dose ( amoung other things ) and drove all night and day! Not saying that it was right, but where does it stop?

Afternoon survivors! How is everybody doing today! Man it rained so hard last night, I thought it was going to drown the catfish. It was our first official spring thunderstorm..............yeeeeehah!

Morning, folks! Since it's getting lighter earlier, gas prices are climbing, and I could stand to burn some cals, I biked to work today.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Afternoon Girlscout! Looks like a good day to ride! And yes gas prices is going to kill us this year!

Indeed. It was in the low 60s this morning. But it will be 82 when I go home! I packed a pair of shorts to change into, but I don't have a water bottle carrier on my bike yet

Quote Originally Posted by grrlscout View Post
    Indeed. It was in the low 60s this morning. But it will be 82 when I go home! I packed a pair of shorts to change into, but I don't have a water bottle carrier on my bike yet
    Heck girl, you should be wearing your BOB, ( bicycle out bag )

Well I had a good day of hard work, was helping a farmer lay some field tile. It is always a good day's work when you go home soaking wet, covered in mud and sweat. At one point I was standing in a hole as deep as I am tall, up to my waste in ice cold water trying to uncover a field tile that was crimped and wasn't letting the tile drain. Had to take a good warm shower after that! I'll post some pics up later when my buddy sends em' to me...
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Hey, hey, hey now....remember this is a family friendly site. No pictures of you in the shower.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hey, hey, hey now....remember this is a family friendly site. No pictures of you in the shower.
    Sense you asked.....

"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

dealing with veterans records this moring,Iwould be fired if I was this slow

Good morning, all! Started the day with a green smoothie.

Goat milk yogurt, meyer lemon juice & zest, a touch of goat cheese, sugar, vanilla, banana, frozen spinach, and coconut water.

Pretty much just tastes of lemon, with a subtle goaty finish. Really delish!

Did you drink it or throw it up? Blech.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Still in my belleh. Gonna top it off with some coffee.

My 18month old son had a similar substance in his diaper this morning!

See? I knew that stuff couldn't be good. It looks....well....healthy.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Heck one of these days, nobody will be healthy enough to drive a truck! I remember the days that truck drivers lived on coffee and no dose ( amoung other things ) and drove all night and day! Not saying that it was right, but where does it stop?
    They are really picky about being healthy enough, but they require truck stops to have handicap parking spots, for big trucks. Go figure. LOL

The thing that really ticks me off, is all the DOT regs. They keep getting worse, and as far as I can tell, most of them make the roads a more dangerous place.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I drove trucks long distance many years ago. About 6 or 8 months ago, I went back to driving long distance. I was in shock at how different it is. Not just the rules and regs, but the drivers that you meet. NOT the same class of people that I was used to. Don't get me wrong....there are still a bunch of good guys out there, but i think they are now the minority. The attitude of truck drivers is very different than it was before. I mean just plain nasty attitudes, from a lot of them. Then you have the other group of drivers that is growing fast. I've had a bunch of warehouse people tell me that they are happy when the get a truck in, that the driver speaks english.

The next gripe, is the state troopers and DOT. It's like their mission in life is to see how many problems they can cause for truck drivers. It really seems like they miss the point of laws and regs, and just want to find things wrong so they can justify their job.

Oh...and the whole industry thinking that they are being safer by limiting big trucks to 65 mph is a very bad joke!!!

I'll stop ranting, now. (My two typing fingers are getting tired.)LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Good morning and howdy survivors! It is rainy and windy here this morning, and I am going to start on carpeting our utility room. Is is probably going to take most of the weekend because there is a lot of stuff in there, like washer, dryer, water softener, heater unit, water heater, food storage shelves. It is going to take most of the day to just get everything unhooked, and moved out!
    Oh the joys of home ownership!

Morning, everyone!

Biked to work again today, and had another green smoothie (though not as good as yesterday's).

No offense Girlscout, but every time I see that green smoothie, it reminds me of that old Exorcist movie