Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Survivors Random Howdy Thread

Cool Wilderness Survivors Random Howdy Thread

So I was thinkin, we need a thread to just say hi, good mornin, howdy, the weather here sucks, and anything else we want to say that doesn't need a PM. And we can chat without starting new threads. And yes, even Rick can flame us here as well

Well the wind is blowin 40 miles per hour, and the temp has dropped 10 degrees in the last 2 hours. I just hope I dont need my tank track snow blower any time soon

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Well I got one. I"M PI$$ED!

You see I have been studying to get my CDL drivers license. I figure it will open me up to all the more job opportunities. Per TN DOT, you have to have your DOT medical card from a doc in hand before we can even take the test. So after calling around my town- to get the med card was well over $100. I called a little walk in place in a little town just over an hour away and they said they would do it for $50.

So I gathered all my stuff to get my med card then go right over to the driver test center there and take my test.
    I got the Med card fine.

I went to the Driver test center. They require for ID:
    Driver's L,
    Soc Stu card
    Birth Cert. or Passport

and two domicile doc proving your residency/home addy.

Well I rent, so my utilities are in the owners name- no dice.
    I'm in on my folks auto insurance because it cheaper for all of us, and it;s in my folks name- no dice.

So per the paperwork I can use my voters Reg. card- good to go.
    and my vehicle registration- good to go.

After a few hours waiting in the walk-in clinic I got my med card no problem. I used the time to study the CDL manual.
    I drove over to the nearest Driver test center and told them I needed to take my CDL test's and the endorsements for same. They aksed ot see all my id's and domicile junk.

Well short story long- it was all in good order- except on my car registration one number in my addy was transposed. It read 6789 instead of 6798* (numbers falsified to protect me form internet pedophiles.)

They told me that non matching number "could mean anything" and I'd have to bring another domicile form in.
    I Pulled out my concealed carry permit and another Id out of my wallet - that showed three consistent matching addy's on me. The &%$@$#%&$$%&*@$&@^$ lady said "that other mis matched addy number could mean ANYTHING [bad]. BRING SOMETHING ELSE IN.

I explained I had traveled over an hour to get there, and the reason was the cheap $50 med card, and that to bring another domicile doc in would cost me a 3 hours drive, and that it was obvious as the day is long that it was merely a transposed number.

She just sent me packing. Well I have no other domicile proof. So I drove way back home and went to my local county clerk to get my vehicle registration addy numbers UN-transposed. I had to stand in line forever and then the lady that helped me could not fig'ur how to JUSt change the numbers. The saving grace was that she was a SMOKING HOT brunette and I enjoyed her presence.

For the record I'm as e. TN mountain as they look, and as they sound, and that driver testing &^%$%^&^%$#%^& woman was in a po-dunk mtn. town too. It;s not like it was DC or that I was wearing a ( enter your favorite mid eastern headwear) cloth on my head.

GGGGRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

About 66 degrees in NW La. sun is out.... Maybe rain tomorrow, snow at home, hope the neoghbor is keeping the drive cleaned off.........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I got's family just north of Baton Rouge in "New roads" LA. Enjoy my pal..........
    Thanks,
    Tres

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    About 66 degrees in NW La. sun is out.... Maybe rain tomorrow, snow at home, hope the neoghbor is keeping the drive cleaned off.........
    If you are not there why does the drive need clearing?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Tres that had to have sucked! When bureaucracy gets that finicky, it makes me just want to shoot somethin!

perzactly indeed!
    Thanks,
    Tres

I hate it when they do that

Yeah when I registered 2 vehicles and 3 motorcycles in Ohio when I first got here, I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. It took 2 months to get them all registered and tagged. I would tell you about it but I would just get mad thinking about it!

I'll be odd man out. Northern michigan and it's raining on snow making a sloppy mess but I like it. Keeps the tourists calmed down.

Blog Entries

9F and raining. It's basically pants. Nipped out to feed the Girls, they are sulking indoors too. I think it's a Kindle and tea afternoon.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by TresMon View Post
    Well I got one. I"M PI$$ED!

You see I have been studying to get my CDL drivers license. I figure it will open me up to all the more job opportunities. Per TN DOT, you have to have your DOT medical card from a doc in hand before we can even take the test. So after calling around my town- to get the med card was well over $100. I called a little walk in place in a little town just over an hour away and they said they would do it for $50.

So I gathered all my stuff to get my med card then go right over to the driver test center there and take my test.
    I got the Med card fine.

I went to the Driver test center. They require for ID:
    Driver's L,
    Soc Stu card
    Birth Cert. or Passport

and two domicile doc proving your residency/home addy.

Well I rent, so my utilities are in the owners name- no dice.
    I'm in on my folks auto insurance because it cheaper for all of us, and it;s in my folks name- no dice.

So per the paperwork I can use my voters Reg. card- good to go.
    and my vehicle registration- good to go.

After a few hours waiting in the walk-in clinic I got my med card no problem. I used the time to study the CDL manual.
    I drove over to the nearest Driver test center and told them I needed to take my CDL test's and the endorsements for same. They aksed ot see all my id's and domicile junk.

Well short story long- it was all in good order- except on my car registration one number in my addy was transposed. It read 6789 instead of 6798* (numbers falsified to protect me form internet pedophiles.)

They told me that non matching number "could mean anything" and I'd have to bring another domicile form in.
    I Pulled out my concealed carry permit and another Id out of my wallet - that showed three consistent matching addy's on me. The &%$@$#%&$$%&*@$&@^$ lady said "that other mis matched addy number could mean ANYTHING [bad]. BRING SOMETHING ELSE IN.

I explained I had traveled over an hour to get there, and the reason was the cheap $50 med card, and that to bring another domicile doc in would cost me a 3 hours drive, and that it was obvious as the day is long that it was merely a transposed number.

She just sent me packing. Well I have no other domicile proof. So I drove way back home and went to my local county clerk to get my vehicle registration addy numbers UN-transposed. I had to stand in line forever and then the lady that helped me could not fig'ur how to JUSt change the numbers. The saving grace was that she was a SMOKING HOT brunette and I enjoyed her presence.

For the record I'm as e. TN mountain as they look, and as they sound, and that driver testing &^%$%^&^%$#%^& woman was in a po-dunk mtn. town too. It;s not like it was DC or that I was wearing a ( enter your favorite mid eastern headwear) cloth on my head.

GGGGRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to get my medical card as well for my ambulance license, which was over 100 bucks. After getting it I paid for my livescan background check, which was around another 100-150. Then I had to take the written test, around another 100 bucks. I passed my written test, passed my background check, and got my medical examiners card fine, and recieved my temporary ambulance license. A month later I get a letter saying I was denied my permanent ambulance license, and they had revoked my medical examiners card as well, for having PTSD and being prescribed diazapam as needed. Biggest piss off is I need that card current for school, and they revoked it.

Mornin survivors! Well had to run on generator all last night. I guess the wind was blowing so hard it either blew a line into a tree, or blew 2 lines together. I was just getting ready to crawl in bed and ZAP, no power. At least I have a generatoe because it would have sucked not having power!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    I had to get my medical card as well for my ambulance license, which was over 100 bucks. After getting it I paid for my livescan background check, which was around another 100-150. Then I had to take the written test, around another 100 bucks. I passed my written test, passed my background check, and got my medical examiners card fine, and recieved my temporary ambulance license. A month later I get a letter saying I was denied my permanent ambulance license, and they had revoked my medical examiners card as well, for having PTSD and being prescribed diazapam as needed. Biggest piss off is I need that card current for school, and they revoked it.

Man that's tough. Appeal?

Morn'n Wild. Glad you got the gear, cool man.
    Thanks,
    Tres

You might want to check a little further into that. PTSD is protected by the American Disabilities Act and a person cannot be denied anything for it as long as it is being treated and is under control.

Howdy everybody, school has been keeping me busy so I haven't been on as much lately. Hope I haven't missed much!
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

ADA doesn't mean anything in this case, trust me I tried, I told them they were discriminating against vets blah blah blah no deal. I talked to the lead paramedic instructor and he said most certainly they can do that. Just like people with diabetes. Anything that could interefere with driving. You can get denied for having high blood pressure. After 15 years of being a truck driver my dad had his revoked for a minor surgery.

It's because diazapam is a "hot med." They don't want me driving around in outer space, which clearly I wouldn't do. I'm going to appeal, I have a doctors apt at the end of the month, and hopefully they'll say i'm not going to respond to a call code three tipping back a bottle of pills with one hand and steering with the other...

Sup survivors! I have been busier than a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs, and this is the first chance I have gotten to even look at the forum since early this morning!

ADA doesn't mean anything in this case, trust me I tried, I told them they were discriminating against vets blah blah blah no deal. I talked to the lead paramedic instructor and he said most certainly they can do that. Just like people with diabetes. Anything that could interefere with driving. You can get denied for having high blood pressure. After 15 years of being a truck driver my dad had his revoked for a minor surgery.

It's because diazapam is a "hot med." They don't want me driving around in outer space, which clearly I wouldn't do. I'm going to appeal, I have a doctors apt at the end of the month, and hopefully they'll say i'm not going to respond to a call code three tipping back a bottle of pills with one hand and steering with the other...
    Gotcha, It's not the PTSD, it's the meds you were taking to control it. I know several police that have PTSD and they are still full duty. I don't know what meds they are on though. I hope that you can get it figured out. It sucks when you get the door slamed on your goals.