Thread: Rough weekend.

Default Rough weekend.

spent the weekend in the hospital, thought maybe I had appendicitis but was not and thet still do not know so sent me home yesterday. I was diagnosed with cirhosis this past year and it is hereditary form and the fact that I have been overweight. I think this was just one of the episodes that I am going to have to learn to deal with. The surgeon that was assinged to me was a real goofball who was not willing to get in touch with my gastro doc. Thank goodness I have an appt with her on Feb. 1.

What I really want to tell you is that cirhosis is not just a disease of alcoholics. It is from many things\such as hereditary, obesity, alcohol, and hepatits. Also ladies they are finding that women cannot process alcohol very well and takes much less than what a man would drink. So please think before drinking. I watched and cared for my mom who died from cirhosis and it was not from alcohol and it is not a disease that you want to have as there is no cure but the option of a transplant. So again that is just a not so easy option as there is no guarantee that you will get one and that is another whole set of issues to deal with.

I am not telling you this for pity but to warn you and to be careful that perhaps you do not get this disease. I am doing okay and do not worry too much, live life as if it my last day everyday and keep on prepping cause no one knows what tomorrow will bring.

Your timing is ironic. I used to have a camping bud, we camped over 25 weekends a year together. I Moved and so we camped no more and we lost touch over the years. He called me this week. Said he has hereditary cirrhosis and things are bleak. He's going through chemo, raditaion and the whole bit. Tough stuff.

I know for a fact that he was one to never touch the drink.

Our prayers are with you. Thanks for sharing......
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

good luck and godbless

Blog Entries

Hoping you stay healthy. Well wishes sent from over here.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Good luck brotha, and I hope it gets better for you!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers young lady.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

My God put his hands of healing upon you and give the medical stuff the wisdom they need.

Prayers and best wishes.
    May God give you strength to bear the adversity and enjoy life, friends and family.

Your warning is very apropos. Most do associate cirrhosis with alcohol but there are many other causes. Cirrhosis is, in fact, a state of the liver and not a disease. It simply means the liver has scarring and poor function but can arrive at that state by any of the methods you list as well as hepatitis or even infection of the liver.

Any of us could find ourselves in you shoes given the right set of circumstances.

We will keep you in our prayers and hope if transplant is in you future a suitable donor is quickly identified. A lot of folks are in your corner so hang in there.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thank you so much for your support and loving words. I am doing very well right now except I cannot take the new medicine they have to slow the disease down because it uses steroids and the steroids cause my kidneys to shut down. Had a bad case of poison oak and that is how I found out about the steroid prpblem.

Again thank you so much and I love you guys for your caring.

Our thoughts and prayers you....sare with eems there is a lot of stuff happening, and we all get a little help from our friends......hang in there.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

my prayers & thoughts are with you