Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This irritates me.

Quote Originally Posted by southard View Post
    Maybe you could work it out that your the agent and keep an eye out, maybe do cleanup on the messes. Then your payment is use of the property. Kinda like the gamekeepers in groundskeepers in the UK. Maybe just volunteer to clean first "cause you live next to it, and want to keep the neighborhood/ecosystem beautiful"
    Now that is a great idea, might get an" in".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

So you would go regardless of the sign? Or are you just saying find other places?

Personally I would respect the wishes of the owner. Private property rights are important to me, and I would want my wishes respected as to the use of my property. I think Southhard had a good idea.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sorry I should have used a quote. I was trying to figure out what intothenew meant.

I know...just thought I'd throw in my nickel's worth.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 01-17-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: fat fingers
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    After. Sorry I started this in another thread but didn't want to discuss it further there. I grew up out here, learned to hunt on this property, never with any issues. Im curious now if PG&E owned it before and nothing was ever said. I just got off the phone with the county property manager and got a better understanding. I understand more what the issues are. I guess i'm griping about the people who abused the property to the point where they had to restrict it.

My grandparents spent the last half of there lives in this house. I moved to Kentucky, came back to California, and eventually moved back to what I considered home. Fishing out the front door and hunting out the back.

Rick- I've tried the suggestions you said that wear feasible. Nothing can be done. Of course I can "just move" I plan on that. I'm more irritated how things changed and home isn't home anymore, because of the people that ruined it for everyone else. People that come out and dump all there crap, come out and tear everything up on ATVs and shoot everything making a mess.

Tresmon- There are signs about every 500 meters and then they stop at a point.

What are your thoughts? Simply stay off? Or go far out of view and stay low?
    My advice is to move on, what was yesterday isn't here today nor will it ever be appearantly, that location.

You have been given several good suggestions, what you do is now up to you......so I would say move on, use your head and try to find new places.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thank you Benesse. But its basic tactical planning make them think its to their advantage or that they're getting one over on you. Besides that it adds security to your house cause then you wouldnt have that blind spot or fire hazard.
    "The sky's blue, water's wet, and sh&t happens." Bruce Willis The Last Boy Scout

"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes. If you F*#& with me. I'll kill you all."
    USMC Gen. James Mattis to Iraqi tribal leaders

Shucks ya'll are gonna make me blush. It was something we de did as kids with the older Christmas tree farmers in OR. One or two days stacking hay or riding fence what have you cause they could only afford seasonal hands and only 1 fulltime hand. Then we could hunt their property, even got a property owner tag once and to shoot "goats" in the off season (any deer shot while protecting the crops off season had to be surrendered to the authorities). Had deals on both Mtn ranges and 1 in the valley.
    "The sky's blue, water's wet, and sh&t happens." Bruce Willis The Last Boy Scout

"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes. If you F*#& with me. I'll kill you all."
    USMC Gen. James Mattis to Iraqi tribal leaders

It plainly says "No trespassing dumping".

I'm not sure what that means.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Let us start with the word trespass.It's from the Latin "trans" meaning, across, over, beyond. on the other side combined with the Latin "passer" which means, to have pee-waddins kicked out of you, Dutch rub or, more common in today's lexicon, wedgie. Shall I go on?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    So you would go regardless of the sign? Or are you just saying find other places?

Find other places, and you will not regret it.

I couldn't walk past that sign and enjoy it, could you? You are irritated on this side of that sign. intothenew is my advice.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

At least you still have the view. Where I grew up, all the woods and fields have houses on them now. No one will ever hike, play, or climb a tree there ever again.

Yep, better move on...for me I had to leave the continent entirely to find the kind of land I was looking for....Land use issues are a major reason why I chose to leave N. America in the first place and seek greener pastures overseas. Where I am now I am not hindered by all the rules, regulations, game wardens, civilian wannabe cops running around the woods, and lack of access to wilderness land for hunting and livelihood that I found totally unacceptable in N. America. No I wouldn´t go back...And where I am now there are no farms or towns or private property within hundreds of miles! Its a breath of fresh air compared to southern Canada culturally and physically from where I grew up which is full of childish land owners who scream bloody murder when you dare to walk past their driveway...

Well, at least you have lots of land. That's a good thing for a country that has had 20 constitutions and 30 years of civilian rule. Keep those fingers crossed. Canada has had...oh, let me see...one constitution. You know that country is slightly smaller than Nevada, right? You traded Canada for Nevada. Canada! They are North America's less trigger happy half. And you won't get Poutine down there that's for sure. But, if things get slow you can always mosey over to Columbia and become a mule. Good luck in the next coup.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I'm talking about OZ mate, which is as big as the continental US, not Nevada lol...that's where my bush place is...in the outback.....Colombia is in South America and there ain't no coups down under....I am on vacation in S. America at the moment but ain't no way I live here, people take trips now and then to other places you know.....and I never cared much for poutine....so what are you talking about?
    Last edited by matt47; 03-26-2012 at 12:34 PM.

You need to clarify when the only thing you offer is an IP address. But, still. It's Canada. What's not to love, eh? They gave us Jim Carey...okay, not a good example. Mike Myers...okay not a good example. Pamela Anderson....okay, I'm drawing blanks at the moment. Oh! I know. William Shatner. There you go. Star Trek! See? What would life be without the Negotiator? Hmm?

################
    Last edited by matt47; 03-28-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Gun license? Hmmmm.....never had one.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel