Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give Me Advice On My Kit/Preparation

.45 ACP ON YOUR HIP DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT! Take a rifle for hunting game , I like anything above a .243 ,but that just me and I justify the extra weight because of the threat levels depending where you'll be , I have at leat 6 mags for the .45 and another 100 or so rounds of the hunting gun ammo!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Pretty full list. I'd just have a few small suggestions.

-A whistle could be a good idea. You never know when you need a loud signal.

-A small bottle or tube of insect repellent.

-I'd say matches over a lighter. Maybe it's just me, but a nice box of water-proof, or strike anywhere matches (or strike-anywhere made waterproof with a little wax) can last you a long time, remain reliable, and help you plan ahead (never know when a disposable lighter will crap on you, and they can go bad quick).

-I did find a cool product you could throw in there. It's a crank flashlight, FM radio, weather band radio, reading lamp, and cell phone charger all-in-one. I felt that this could be very useful given the route you wanna take with the GPS, not to mention it's relatively inexpensive.

Anyways, good luck with the kit. I see a lot of good suggestions above, but hopefully mine helped a little.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 02-28-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Removed URL

@gofishm51 - I removed the link you provided. Since both you and the site you listed are from the same town - is the site yours?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I would say this (not sure what thread it was in ,but someone else said this and its true) , get 2 back packs a small and a large ,fill the large one completely , now fill the small one completely , you'll notice that you cant fit everything from the large pack into the small one , which also means you wont actually need certain items as well , you will only pack the items you really need in the small pack!
    US Marines
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
    I would say this (not sure what thread it was in ,but someone else said this and its true) , get 2 back packs a small and a large ,fill the large one completely , now fill the small one completely , you'll notice that you cant fit everything from the large pack into the small one , which also means you wont actually need certain items as well , you will only pack the items you really need in the small pack!
    Yeah if I had one of those huge back pack with the frame that holds 5500 cubic inches of stuff, I would need wheels on the thing to even move it. I have a non framed regular sized pack that weighs around 25 pounds, and that is enough. And even at that, there are things I could probably do without.

A few extra cellphone batteries can always help, especially if you are using it as a GPS. Amazon has some really cheap ones for like 10$ a pop. Plus they hardly weigh anything. Just make sure to keep them charged, as rechargeable batteries slowly drain by themselves, even without use.

Good quality boots is number one ! Single most important thing to me !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !