Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Sierra Foxhound 50 (External Frame Pack)

Banned

Thanks for your input, lucznik!

I went to a consignment sporting goods and outdoors shop today and asked them if they had any packs for sale. I came across an old school Osprey internal for 30$ and a well-conditioned Kelty external for $20. There were a variety of others but those were the two that looked the most appealing for the $ and were in solid condition. Gonna head back after I cash my paycheck and do some shopping. Hope they are still there or more stuff comes in! They had all sorts of useful stuff.

Well I have a $69 dollar camo Redhead that I bought at Bass Pro years ago. It is not too large but it holds everything I need. It hasn't crapped out yet and it has a few miles on it. I dont like the huge framed packs and prefer a smaller lighter backpack. If I had a huge backpack, i would just cram it full of more stuff and it would weigh 90 pounds, and it would probably be stuff that is unnecessary!
    I guess if I was going to bug out far into the woods of Alaska for an extended stay, I would want a large pack for more food and clothing items.
    Last edited by Wildthang; 02-12-2012 at 01:27 PM.

I tend to be guilty of that, too. I like a big pack but always wind up with some stuff that looked good in the moment but winds up not being practical or necessary. Some things I keep marking off the list because I don't use it but find it hard to leave it at home because, well, I might. I guess that's why.....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I tend to be guilty of that, too. I like a big pack but always wind up with some stuff that looked good in the moment but winds up not being practical or necessary. Some things I keep marking off the list because I don't use it but find it hard to leave it at home because, well, I might. I guess that's why.....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    You sure can pack a lot of bacon and Twinkies into that thing!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 02-13-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Warheit View Post
    Thanks for your input, lucznik!

I went to a consignment sporting goods and outdoors shop today and asked them if they had any packs for sale. I came across an old school Osprey internal for 30$ and a well-conditioned Kelty external for $20. There were a variety of others but those were the two that looked the most appealing for the $ and were in solid condition. Gonna head back after I cash my paycheck and do some shopping. Hope they are still there or more stuff comes in! They had all sorts of useful stuff.
    Excellent. Make sure and do a review for the rest of us.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Warheit View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just was wondering if anyone has heard, seen or found any reviews on the High Sierra Foxhound 50 pack? I've checked on a lot of search engines, but haven't found anything of substance.

Long story short, I plan putting some quality investments towards my travel/hiking aspirations and thought that this seemed like a pretty good deal for the price -- problem is, doesn't seem to be any reviews out there. Having the right pack to me is essential and since I don't have time to get to a good outfitting store in my area, ordering online is going to have to be my way of getting something done.

Any links would be greatly appreciated. If ya'll could help out that'd be awesome. Trying to get the most bang for my buck since their aren't a lot of greenbacks in my wallet these days.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    WOOT! I just got one on sale for $39.00!
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!