Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loadout of my Survival Training Kit

Default Survival Training Kit (Part 1)

Hey guys, had a few of you ask for a loadout on my Survival Training Kit so here it is! Keep in mind that this is a training kit and not a survival kit. The contents of this kit change all the time. What you see in this kit today, may not be in it tomorrow.

This is the Maxpedition Sabercat Versipack. Awesome bag, alot of space and great organization! I added suspenders from SKD Tactical for easier carry.
    photo 3 (3).jpgphoto 4 (3).jpg

On the first side pocket I carry 2 25' lengths of 550 Paracord, a small Coleman LED Flashlight and a Pocket Survival Guide.
    photo 5 (2).jpg

In the second side pocket I have a small FAK, Coleman Bio-Wipes, Hand Sanitizer and a small Hygene Kit.
    photo 1 (4).jpg

The front pocket holds an extra Mylar Blanket and Rain Poncho. Some hot chocolate, drink mix, a CLIF Bar and some extra Waterproof Matches.
    photo 5 (3).jpg
    Last edited by Artifice; 07-03-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Default Survival Training Kit (Part 2)

The top pouch is my fire kit. Has an altoids tin with vasoline injected cotton balls. Waterproof match case with matches, small tinder tin with tinder tabs, and a BIC lighter that NEVER gets used because I always use a firesteel. In this case, the one Im using right now is the Primus Firesteel. Theres also a small allen wrench used for my Becker BK2.
    photo 3 (5).jpgphoto 2 (4).jpg

In the Top Pocket I carry some easy to get to items such as Chapstick, Duct Tape, another lighter, Advil, Aleve, Eye Drops, Bug Spray, Itch Relief and a small pencil sharpener I use for making Tinder.
    photo 4 (5).jpg
    Last edited by Artifice; 07-03-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Default Survival Training Kit (Part 3)

In the main pouch I hold a bunch of stuff. Theres a small sleeve on the lid that I keep easy to get to medical supplys.
    photo 2 (5).jpgphoto 1 (5).jpg

The main pouch holds my gloves, an Aquamira Frontier Pro, Multi-Tool, SOL Survival Blanket, some Maya Dust and Electrical Tape.
    photo 4 (6).jpg

It also holds a mini Fishing Kit, mini Sewing Kit and some dryer lint.
    photo 3 (6).jpg

And of course my Rite in the Rain Travel Journal case with an Eastern Trees Identification Guide.
    photo 5 (4).jpg
    Last edited by Artifice; 07-03-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Default Survival Training Kit (Part 4)

The main pouch also holds my food kit which is a cook tin and consists of oatmeal, MRE goodness, Instant Coffee, HOBO Tool and some Water Purification Tablets.
    photo 2 (3).jpgphoto 1 (3).jpg

The 2 sleeves in the main pouch has heavy duty tin foil, zip-lock bag and some coffee filters. MRE Peanut Butter, MRE Cheese Spread and some MRE Crackers.
    photo 3 (4).jpgphoto 4 (4).jpg
    Last edited by Artifice; 07-03-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Looks good to me. It looks like you've tailored it to your needs and are willing to adjust it as necessary. Thanks for sharing it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Looks good to me....what are you up to in weight?
    Water carry?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

By the way, quiche is pretty darn good.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

If it works for you, then it works for me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Good looking kit, looks like it would make a fair EDC vehicle kit or primary BRB (be ready bag). a bit more cover and clothing and it would be a solid BOB. Are we to assume you have a hatchet or solid knife to add to this system?

Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    The main pouch also holds my food kit which is a cook tin and consists of ...... a teensy Tabasco bottle!
    I was at a trade show a few years ago in Portland and they had these at the sandwich counter in the convention center, I wish I would have pocketed a dozen, they sell for a couple bucks a piece on eBay and they are so handy for a hot sauce addict.

Good stuff. I haven't thought of using a pencil sharpener for making tender, it's good idea! I use my knife, but I think for the cost and size of a pencil sharpener, it may be worth it!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I agree, that one caught me thinking, not sure if I have one left in the house though, its been eons since I have had a wooden pencil, them mechanical ones took over the market when I was in high school...

Nice Kit. Thanks for showing it.
    The Great Spirit and Country. Semper Fi.

Jimmy - Here you go. This site has all sorts of single serve items. I've ordered from them in the past and they've done pretty good. Here's the hot sauce page. Enough to keep you running for a couple of days.

http://www.minimus.biz/search.aspx?keyword=hot+sauce

Rick, thanks! I bookmarked that for the next time I get some fun money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyq View Post
    Rick, thanks! I bookmarked that for the next time I get some fun money.
    Plus one on the site....Thanks!
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That is a great site. I order thigs from it to put in my bob and also to have just for when my grandaughter and i go camping in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Looks good to me....what are you up to in weight?
    Water carry?
    Its roughly 10 lbs. I use a 32oz Pathfinder Stainless Steel Water Bottle and a 25oz Stainless Steel Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyq View Post
    Good looking kit, looks like it would make a fair EDC vehicle kit or primary BRB (be ready bag). a bit more cover and clothing and it would be a solid BOB. Are we to assume you have a hatchet or solid knife to add to this system?
    I have other kits deignated for differant purposes. This is a kit that is constantly being changed and adjusted to challenge myself. Thats why I call it my training bag. My Becker BK2 rides my belt alongside this bag.
    Last edited by Artifice; 07-05-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Good stuff. I haven't thought of using a pencil sharpener for making tender, it's good idea! I use my knife, but I think for the cost and size of a pencil sharpener, it may be worth it!
    Its a simple solution to grinding out twigs into more surface area bits for greater tinder.