Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Survival Experts for a TV Consultancy Gig

Default Looking for Survival Experts for a TV Consultancy Gig

Hi All,

To start with - I am a real person - this isn't a phishing scam. In fact, I have 8 years of Girl Scouting under my belt. (But since I was a Los Angeles-based Girl Scout, I'm not quite the Survival expert I should be).

The TV production company that I work for is getting ready to make the ultimate survival show. There won't be any cheesy hosts or games, just American families living off the grid and off of the land.

Currently, I'm looking for a consultant or two. And, I'll be honest - I'm looking for some free advice right now. However, as we get further into the process, we'll being bringing on paid consultants. So, there is a very good possibility that I can make this worth your while further down the road (mid-February to be exact).

Right now, we're trying to figure out the perfect location to dump a few families for 60 days. We need a location that will put them to the test, but we also need an area that will allow people to actually live off of the land. We're whittling our choices down to a few front-runners & are really looking for a good expert or two to tell us some of the pros and cons of the areas that only a true survivalist could pick up on.

So, if you're interested, please shoot me an email at UntitledSurvivalShow@gmail.com and let me know a little about your areas of expertise. I can give you more info on the show at that time.

Thanks for your time & Merry Christmas!
    - Sabrina

I am prepared to talk with you here.

I also have your location.

I'll just give it to ya.

Talk with the Forest Service about a spot to lease. It's pretty cheap really.

They are not gonna allow permanent shelters. I would figure shelter building is a primary skill to know/learn on these shows.
    Last edited by Winter; 12-19-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Are you bound to North America? If not, we also have some excellent survival experts from Sri Lanka and Australia to name a few.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Come on Richard..

I need a non-desk deskjob. There has been one show where the host had the acorns to come and hunt here.

1000 great spots within 20 miles of city(ish).
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Oh. You didn't volunteer so I didn't think you were interested. But now that you have ....
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Funny thing, this was my plan for next summer.

I fugured I'd be working local though.

"fugured' . it's from olde' Welsh.

Been into the sauce again, huh? I'll tell you one more time. Blow the foam off.

Oh good, just what the world needs, another "reality show".

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

A girl scout from L.A.; a Valley Girl perhaps? (Gag me with a spoon!) Setting up an "Ultimate Survival Show?
    And looking for a "survival expert...FOR FREE?"

1st, define "survival expert."

2nd, list your credentials; why should anybody on here buy into what you're selling?

3rd, there's no such animal as an "ultimate survival show" that's filmed for TV. The "survival scenarios" would have to be real enough that people could, and just might die or suffer some really bad injuries, like amputations. Your Insurance carrier would never underwrite such an adventure nor would your network want to risk the liability.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Don't we get about one of these posts a month?..
    we need to start a talent registery, lets all just email Rick our resumes.

You think it funny now. If they pay me to camp on the beach all summer and explain my simpleton survival approach, that's good for me.

Surely their first email won't say "We will process your e-mail when we receive your SS# and bank account #'s"

It's not normal for these Companies to have Nigerian e-mail addresses is it?

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Funny thing, this was my plan for next summer.

I fugured I'd be working local though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    "fugured' . it's from olde' Welsh.
    I thought fugured was an adjective. As in, "It's all fugered up."
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

To the nay sayers.....yes we do get similar requests for talent from time to time. A few years ago we had a request for talent for a show that they were going to call Dual Survivor. They wen't with Cody and Dave. Keep in mind that Dave was most known for his Youtube videos. Then there was the request that 1stimestar responded to and never heard back.

Some of these claims are legit - in fact most probably are. They may start with an idea that they want to pitch to a network and don't receive funding for it, or they may take off and become a reality. We have a member here who has finished filming and his show will be airing sometime in the future.

To those that are interested in doing this - go for it. To those that are not.......
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Kinda falls under the 'Ya gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince", frame of reference.

I look at it as an opportunity for interested parties, a chance to put you butt where your mouth is....so to speak.

So for those that truly want to give a dream a go....shoot them a e-mail....If not, oh well.......woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I'm personally not interested.....but hey how many times do we get a guy/gal that asked the Question, "How can I live in the wilderness?"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

All the time, Hunter. But then, you know that.

duplicate post
    Last edited by LowKey; 12-20-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Dropping a whole family in the wilderness would be a tough one to find. Finding enough for a season? eee.
    Unless...
    Maybe find a family where they all think the one prepper is nuts, take em all out and dump em so they can find out how much sense the prepper makes then...LOL.

Not volunteering. I'm a bug-in type. Besides wouldn't want to listen to the whining.

You can always find people to do it. Most looking for 15 mins of fame.

Here, in spring and summer, there's alot of food, nice country, and support in emergencies.

Banned
    Blog Entries

What is a TV'thingie.........????

I like Hunters Idea. A TV program where every week they go to location and spend several days interviewing Real Men & or Real Women already living the life, and are looking for a partner. Then do a follow-up at the end of the season.