Thread: Tea Mixtures, What's Your Favorite?

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Tea Mixtures, What's Your Favorite?

I'm not much of a tea person other than good Iced tea, but now and then a hot cup of tea just sounds good. (Don't tell my Marine Corps buddies) My girlfriend made some herb tea by Bigeflow called Sweet Dreams. It contains chamomile, hibiscus, peppermint leaves, spice, and orange blossoms. It taste like Wrigley's spearmint gum.

I was thinking there must be many good recipes you guys have out there. If anyone would like to share a recipe I'm sure a few of us would be interested.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Good thread, recommended reading... If anyone would like to post just a recipe, please do. I'm curious about mixed teas.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Banned

There's a little low lying bush that grows wild here and I think it comes from the Boxwood family. Anyways, in late summer little brown spots form on the bottom of the leaves making for a good tea. Dry the leaves, add hot water away you go for a buzz that lasts for about an hour. Good for headaches and hangovers too.

So do you see these spots after the buzz starts or are they on the leaves before? And who was the first guy that said, "Oh look. Leaves with spots. Let's make tea."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Holy crap Rick, your right. Closed one eye to read your post and the spots went away......

See? I knew something wasn't right.

Birch bark surup and pine needle tea
    The sweet serenity of the wilderness, the only place someone can know everything about everything