Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabbit urine

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    How do you get the rabbits to pee in the little urinals?
    Kind of gives new meaning to "down the rabbit hole".
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Seems like a lot of post end up off the rails like this. I blame rick. lol Its fun tho
    GOD FAVORS NO GROUP ONLY RELIGIONS DO THAT

Sir, every single post I made was about pee, which was the subject matter at hand. These false and malicious rumors crop up every so often but I usually find that it's someone that has to pee real bad but doesn't want to leave the forum so they get surly. See? Even this post was about pee.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You keep saying pee, now I have to go. It has nothing to do with my drinking.
    GOD FAVORS NO GROUP ONLY RELIGIONS DO THAT

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Kind of gives new meaning to "down the rabbit hole".
    "Go ask Alice....when she 10 feet tall...".Grace Slick
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

My family has raised rabbits as long as I can remember. In my case that means since I was big enough to reach the cage doors to help with the feeding and watering.(probably in the range of 60 years now) As we have always gardened also that means years of adding under pen leavings to the soil every year. For a long time when we were able to that meant just building a pile out behind the barn and puttiing it on the garden in the spring to be plowed under. For the last several years it has used as a base item along with grass clippings and leaves for our compost heap. My experience would say either way works well. Remember rabbit poo is very high in n and doesn't have much p so it seldom burns unlike many other manures. Remember that some raise worms under their rabbit pens so the urine can't be to strong or damaging. Guess that's all I have to say on the subject of rabbit pee. Our rabbits are teetotalers so have no problems there. :>)

As a side note. If you are going to use chicken manure, be sure to age it. It will burn alot of plants if used fresh. It has a much higher p level. IMO

Oldtrap
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.