Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from New Zealand ( kiwi land )

Junior Member newzealandsurvival's Avatar

Default Hi from New Zealand ( kiwi land )

Hello, my name is Ben and I live in NZ, I have been hunting and practising bush survival and primitive skills for about 20 years now, I'm a bit of an outdoors nutter, Id rather be sleeping on the ground watching the stars than be in a comfortable bed. I enjoy trapping and eat everything I catch, kill and trap, even though some of the critters can taste pretty bad ( possums ) its all good protien.
    Last edited by newzealandsurvival; 12-15-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Hello and welcome on the board!
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...

Hello and welcome from VA in the USA.

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Greetings and welcome. The wifey and I are planning to visit your part of the world some time in the near future. In fact we want to do the fellowship tour.
    I know what hunts you.

Welcome to WSF.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Thanks, the Lord of the rings tour will be worth doing, the landscape you see in the movies is exactly what its like here, especially in the South Island where most of the films were made, you will love it here.

Hunter63, saying, Hey, and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Howdy and welcome, now in New Zealand you have different possums than ours over here in the US right?
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

And you're in Purdue? Man! You can't have the same possum in two different places. Holey Cow, Jasmine. That would require a warp in the time space continuum thingie clone stuff. (I didn't want to get too technical. Just remember I AM the Minister of Science so I have a keen understanding of all things sciencey.

Oh, yeah. Welcome home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

thanks everyone, yes our possums are totaly different from the American ones, our ones are actually Australian imports, but due to a different diet they can get twice as big as the ones found in Australia, the fur is worth about $100 a kilogram, the meat makes very good dog food as its so high in vitamins and minerals.

Welcome NZS, I spent a couple of deployments in Christchurch, when I was in the Navy in 1972 and 1973 in VXE-6 before we went to the ice. I really think it was the most beautiful country I have been in. Really sad to hear that the cathedral feel during the earth quake. A vision that still stay's with me today is all of the children in school uniforms going to school, just beautiful the entire experience.

welcome aboard

yes our possums are totaly different from the American ones
    See Sparky? I told you. I got this science stuff down to a .... well .... science.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Seriously, you folks in New Zealand need to invest in gloves and balls and stuff. Your kids needs stuff to play with. Immediately!

http://gawker.com/5645598/new-zealan...rowing-contest

Dern flabbit I did it again, was trying to edit my post and accidently re-posted. Okay move along nothing to see here....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sparky93; 12-16-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I am getting this for the front of my truck at some point...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Thomas Paine

Is the second one different that the first one. Oh, wait, it is. It's bigger. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Is the second one different that the first one. Oh, wait, it is. It's bigger. Sorry.
    computers and I tend not to coexist well....
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Seriously, you folks in New Zealand need to invest in gloves and balls and stuff. Your kids needs stuff to play with. Immediately!

http://gawker.com/5645598/new-zealan...rowing-contest
    hahahaha yes when it comes to throwing small furry animals our kids are pretty damn good at it, being an agricultural country we keep our hunting competitions fun.... well fun.