Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The best place to live the wilderness for years and years and years?

Tokwan, it's Ampullary Carcinoma, or other wise known as Pancreatic stomach cancer. In the later part of stage 2b. The treatment is pancreatic resection, basically removing part of the pancreas and other parts of my inside to. There is also treatment after the surgery to, something to do with my lymph nodes and blood and such but I really didn't hear much after the dr said it was pancreatic cancer I was kind of in a fog. This all has happened in the past 3 weeks. Been in kind of a Denise stage and grieving stage lately but I know this is not getting me anywhere. I was told that I could have 2 years or less without the treatment more then likely less. But with treatment there is a 79% chance of making it for 15 years or more, depending on if they can get it all, if the treatment works and what I do with myself. The surgery is scheduled for next month all I can do is get it and hope for the best. I have thought of not getting the surgery the drs said that with the shape I am in now and how I keep active and how I eat help a lot with how things will go.
    Last edited by Diefree; 02-28-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks hunter63 I will definitely message Elissa

Then, going away somewhere isolated is not the answer and might make the 2 years left limited to only 6 months.
    From what you have told me, if it involves the pancreas, then you will really have to watch the diet which means, you will need a lot of carbohydrate and lots of protein.
    Your diet should be sort of those with gastritis patients...rice, milk (goats milk helps), chicken, fish but not too may red meat.
    Stay away from sour food, or gas giving food such as carbonated drinks, alcohol, cabbages, tomatoes, cucumber,melons, etc.
    Stay from oily food, food with yeast and so on.

You will need medication so it means staying off the grid, will most probably kill you. Its better off to stay where you can get good non acidic food and where you can get treatment.

Now, don't ever bring this up again.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Tokwan, I know what you say is true and I'm not looking to go tomorrow, I have really debated on getting the treatment or not but I am going get it. I do eat very healthy and follow a very strict diet have always, I still to this day follow a routine of morning workouts along with jogging, although the distance have decreased over they past year. This ideal I had of moving away from society was something I was looking to do after all the treatment and surgery because I already told you regardless of what the out come is I am doing this. I just wanted to see if any of those offers were real so someone could actually see if it is truly what they wanted before they actually decided to do it. Can I buy land, yes I can and after going through a lot of different post I see that is what I am going to have to do. I have thought of every thing you have said plus some before you said it and it still has not changed my mind. I know the risk of both sides of that and I am willing to face them but as I said there is nothing left for me here so why stay after treatment and everything. I have enough money saved that I could live comfortably for at least 12 to 15 years with out actually having to work for someone else as their slave anymore. Put yourself in my shoes, would you really want to spend the last day that you could surrounded by strangers or surrounded by nature.
    Last edited by Diefree; 02-28-2017 at 09:58 PM.

I want both! Before my accident, I love going into the jungle....I have spent 45 days alone in my "base camp". FYI, I am a lone hiker, and I hike in the Malaysian Equatorial Jungle. I actually have a wild gibbon that knows me and would come for food when I go to my "sanctuary".
    But then, the need for family or friends keeps me getting out back to civilization. I have been known to ride a 250cc (before changing to a 300cc block) 1,200miles, just to see a friend who I missed.

I have friends, real good good friends, and I treat some people in this forum as real good friends even though I have never met them. This is what makes me coming back here. When I was recuperating, I had so many friends who visited me from all over Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore. Moslems, Christians, Buddhist and Hindus all prayed for me. That's what my wife told me. I have sent thank you notes to them. I have personally shook some of their hands. I came back to this forum, cos I knew I was missing something. I couldn't remember this forum's name and search for it. I made a mistake of joining another survivalist forum thinking it was this one. I was glad when I saw this forum again, it ticked my memories again.

So there you have it...people will need people. Lonelines will kill you.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Diefree - I will PM (private message) you the link that was removed from the thread that Hunter63 referenced.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I do know that people do crave interaction with people and what you have sounds truly awesome and it is good for you. I don't have a lot of friends such as this, I have 3 true friends that have been my friends for years. Sadly while I was spending all of that time building a life I had forgot to actually live my life. As for being alone, I don't know if that is what I actually want, do I crave interaction with people, not really. Never have until I met my wife. That is why I said I feel like I am lost and need to find my self, in a months time I went from having the world and having what I had been working towards my whole life and actually knowing where I was going in the future to losing my world and everything in it and getting told that I could possibly not have as long of a future as I had thought. So yeah I am lost. Loneliness might just be what saves a person to my friend. Losing my wife was a slap in the face but with time I could get over it, the other part though the news of the cancer was like a wake up call.

One way to find out..just pack your bags, buy a plane tcket to somewhere foreign, and if you can be out there for about a month without talking to anybody, then, go on with your plans.

I already set these plans in action this morning I woke up feeling different about all of it after chatting with you Tokwan. Thank you for chatting with me.

You are welcome, now just don't do anything stupid...have and lead a good life. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Het Diefree. Stay in touch if you can. Love to hear about your adventures.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

So, spend the next year or two regaining your health. Get the treatment you need so that you have time to become the person you are meant to be now. I know that with your divorce you are feeling lost. Now is the time to find out who you want to be and to become that person. Are you a person that is going to just give up? Throw in the towel? Disappear silently, exit stage wilderness? Were you ever that person? Do you have parents? Do you have any family at all? Because I can tell you from first hand experience that going off to die in the wilderness will hurt THEM. FOREVER. You might have been sucker punched by the cancer diagnosis but that doesn't mean you have to lay there and take it.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Adios......
    WOW was that the first ever one post ban?
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    WOW was that the first ever one post ban?
    Not even close.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We've had soooo many that didn't even make it to one post.

hehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We've had soooo many that didn't even make it to one post.
    Yeah I saw where you and crash mentioned that after my question. Thanks for being vigilant, or is that vigalantie?
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Yeah I saw where you and crash mentioned that after my question. Thanks for being vigilant, or is that vigalantie?
    Hey! I don't need that stuff..............oh wait..........you weren't talking about the little blue pill were you?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel