Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What useful things can you make from this stuff?

Good one B, I had to look it up.

Kohl (cosmetics)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Kohl is an ancient eye cosmetic. It was made by grinding galena (lead sulfide) and other ingredients. It is widely used in South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, and parts of West Africa to darken the eyelids and as mascara for the eyelashes. It is used mostly by women, but also some men and children.

Kohl has been worn traditionally since the Bronze Age (3500 B.C. onward) by Egyptian queens. It was originally used as protection against eye ailments. There was also a belief that darkening around the eyes would protect one from the harsh rays of the sun. India's oldest caste, the koli, used kohl as a cosmetic. In addition, mothers would apply kohl to their infants' eyes soon after birth. Some did this to "strengthen the child's eyes", and others believed it could prevent the child from being cursed by the evil eye.[1]
    Kohl's ancient importance survives through its use as the etymological root for the English word alcohol.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Am I invisible again!?

"texting about your favorite mascara..."

You old people need to listen to us young folks once in a while. You might just learn something.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

...and mom always liked you best. I know...

I once made mascara for the Queen of Bathsheba. She was really beautiful AFTER she applied it.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

So OK, how big is this chunk of wood?
    Plain wood?, ....2X4", stick, fatwood?
    So nobody thought to bring a knife?

how did y'all get to the Amazon? Plane crash?, drive?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    how did y'all get to the Amazon? Plane crash?, drive?
    They just logged on, silly.

We should link her up with the guy that poetically beat up and thrown over the cliff. He could probably answer all her questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    They just logged on, silly.
    Spewing coffee, Buhahahaha, like , WELL DUH.....Why didn't I think of that.....Now that was funny.

So getting back to the question at hand.......Isn't there an app for that?....I know you can Google stuff in your cupboard and get a recipe.....

Yeah, that's the ticket..... bobbie pin-check....piece of wood-check...plastic spoon-check.....Searching, searching, searching............hourglass thingy......searching.......
    YOU ARE SO SCREWED.........

Sooooo, I guessing the homework assignment is past due?....Lost interest??????

Yeah - I'm guessing Wilderness Survival Forums won't be footnoted as a source on the homework.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Footnote? What's that? I just, like, wrote down all my resources at the bottom of the page. If that okay?

Resources?! As if...
    I just printed out post #9 and gave it to the teacher.

totem pole

They...uh...have a lot of totem poles with pop tarts and condoms in VA do they?

Huh, and huh?

earrings can be converted into fishing hooks , keys into dart tips ,mirror rescue yep , scissors into spear tip but first id look at the person who was carrying all this stuff to see if they were planning to eat the others

Quote Originally Posted by old2531 View Post
    earrings can be converted into fishing hooks , keys into dart tips ,mirror rescue yep , scissors into spear tip but first id look at the person who was carrying all this stuff to see if they were planning to eat the others
    No worries, mate...... this young lady seems to have been caught up by the natives in the Amazon when the batteries went dead on her"electronic device" in Dec of 2011..........Happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Lucky View Post
    I don't know about anyone else; there are to many items to think about. Narrow the list to essential items like food, water gathering, fire starting matrials, items to signal for help. Divide the items up between all parties and have brainstorm session on what the items can be utilized for.
    I have to agree with this. That's a bleedin treasure trove there. All I can see in my head is the survival shows from the Discovery channel flashing by. Nice list though.
    USN/USNTC/SD

When trebuchets are outlawed, only outlaws will have trebuchets.

Greetings from the Kingdom of An Tir and the Baroney of the 3 Mountains.

Right? What could one make from that list? Darned near anything they wanted.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.