Thread: What Do I Do With the Fruits of My Garden?

Default What Do I Do With the Fruits of My Garden?

Some of you have said that this is your first year trying your hand at gardening. You're hooked. You don't know it yet but you are. Once you pick that first tomatoe or cucumber or the ten zillion zuccinni those eight little plants put out you'll be hooked. So the next question is what do I do will all the stuff I get out of the garden? Here is a link that explains canning, freezing, dehydrating, jams and jellies, pickles and a whole lot more:

http://www.pickyourown.org/allaboutcanning.htm
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

O.o Rick is becoming a cheff

I like the sound if the jerky recipie
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

I made up a batch of hard tac on Friday and I'll start marinating some beef for jerky tomorrow.

I actually cook quite a bit and just about anything you want. But please don't call me chef. I prefer the French word, which is chef or even the Italian word, which is chef a lot better than the blase' English word chef.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I made up a batch of hard tac on Friday and I'll start marinating some beef for jerky tomorrow.

I actually cook quite a bit and just about anything you want. But please don't call me chef. I prefer the French word, which is chef or even the Italian word, which is chef a lot better than the blase' English word chef.
    Hard tac put in a pan of frying bacon makes a good tasteing eats Just make sure you have enough liquid to soften it up
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

I was in the family room last night crunching a piece of it and my wife asked me what I was doing. Crunch, crunch, crunch. I'm eating hard tac, I told her. She just shook her head. After nearly 35 years nothing surprises her any more.

I was in the family room last night crunching a piece of it and my wife asked me what I was doing. Crunch, crunch, crunch. I'm eating hard tac, I told her. She just shook her head. After nearly 35 years nothing surprises her any more.
    You where eating it without mixing it with anything ? It took me 15 mins to eat one little squre of that stuff dry

Milk. Natures other nectar.

Milk. Natures other nectar.
    O.o Sounds Very Nice, Whomeal bread dipped in virgin olive oild (The green one) it very nice + healthy, Try it rick you might like it

What the hey is whomeal bread? I do like bread in olive oil and a little pepper.

What the hey is whomeal bread? I do like bread in olive oil and a little pepper.
    Sorry Wholemeal, My keyboad is getting worse by the day, Either the key doesnt work or sticks

Pepper ? Interesting

Add about 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper to a saucer of olive oil (depending on how well you like pepper).

A olive oil with choped fresh chillies dip is another thing, its beter with other cooked food but i suppose it might be nice with the bread, Spicey, nice flavour and texture

Add some crushed garlic to the peppers or chillies. Pretty tastey.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

By the way, Tony, the jerky is in the fridge marinating.

By the way, Tony, the jerky is in the fridge marinating.
    O.o Very Nice, I hope it turns out well for you

non-senior senior member Assassin Pilot's Avatar

"What Do I Do With the Fruits of My Garden?"

A: eat them
    B: throw them at people
    C: launch them a people w/ spud gun
    D: blow them up w/ m-80s and use as fruit-grenades
    E: toss from top of tall building down at innocent people below
    F: smash to pulp and use it in place of water in a super-soaker water gun
    G: put an m-80 into them and use a spud gun to launch them at people from the top of a building (C, D, & E)

notice how all of them are things only I would think of doing?
    "He who throws dirt is losing ground"

Sadly, yes.

non-senior senior member Assassin Pilot's Avatar

*besides option "A"
    "He who throws dirt is losing ground"