Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Have Arrived

Default I Have Arrived

I have finally arrived at the end of my preps. I've acquired, built, scavenged, found, borrowed, purchased (yeah, mostly that), or been given everything I'm going to get to survive another day. It has been a long process that started over 4 years ago but I've finally put in place all that I'm going to. Live, die or get pummeled I'm there. Right or wrong, I'm there. There really is a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

So, Now what?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Default Of course you know what's next...

Improve, rotate and add. It's never the end.

I'm a little lost. I've been so wrapped up in that I'll probably have to learn not to think that way.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Every time you stop by another yard sale, a clearance bin, or buy one get one free, you know you'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.

I thought I was nearly done but then someone here puts a bug in my ear about how great something is. And I get it, just in case.
    This whole thing about better to have it and not need it... has ruined me.

No. no. I am a purpose driven man. Anal retentive is my middle name..okay, names. I can now buy stuff for the fun of it and not to fill some vacancy in the plan and to check it off some list.

Congratulations. I'm glad to hear that someone made it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No. no. I am a purpose driven man. Anal retentive is my middle name..okay, names. I can now buy stuff for the fun of it and not to fill some vacancy in the plan and to check it off some list.
    Nice try.
    I don't believe you for one second, and I'll bet, neither does Mrs. Rick.

I think some one is in denial!

He went to Egypt?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

So Rick - I hear tell that a few blocks away a guy will be selling 3 Coleman 425's for $5 each at a garage sale this weekend.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It's funny you said that because this week-end is our annual garage sale for the neighborhood. 650 homes with junk to sale and I can't possibly make that many houses in three days. But I'm gonna try. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's funny you said that because this week-end is our annual garage sale for the neighborhood. 650 homes with junk to sale and I can't possibly make that many houses in three days. But I'm gonna try. Wish me luck.
    Folded in 13 posts and less than 2 hrs. Why, even I couldn't have predicted that.

I have finally arrived at the end of....the internet! It was late last night (or early this morning)- I have now visited every site online, and I have read every post on every forum. Hopefully, nobody will post anything else so i can go outside again.

Dang, i just got an email alert that someone updated their Facebook status- so I guess, I have to go check that out.

Seems our work is never done!
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

I read, on the internet of course, that one end of the internet is high on a mountain in Tibet. The other end is just outside Ushuaia, Argentina. Where do you suppose they found a wire that long?

Uranus

it's a big planet.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

First thought that came to mind when I read Rick's post was,Is he giving up buying gas stoves at the rumage sales or any where else he finds them? Oh Yeah. I forgot to mention the lanterns too.:>) Just kidding Rick but iffin I was a betting man I'd lay money on you failing to keep this up. See. Like B said ," it only took 13 posts.":>) I just read post #7 again and I must apologize Rick. I didn't know that your plans called for (if I remember right) around #20 gas camp stoves. I admit I always understood all those lanterns.

Oldtrap
    Last edited by oldtrap59; 09-23-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

I am going to need my chest waders next time I read one of Rick's threads!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Hey, ya'll believe what you want. My check list is checked off. I'm not talkin' about stuff I want but stuff that was earmarked specifically for preps. From Ammo to Waste Disposal (I didn't have an X, Y or Z).