Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: should i remove the coat of my becker bk2?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Oh, Appalachians, (spelling) I got it now.......

Thing is, when some one does toss out BS....48 days?.....Kinda makes me not pay attention to much of anything else that is said.

Y'all have a good one.
    sorry about the spelling mistakes,,,i blame the spellcheker

anyway i was stalked with a little over two weeks of food,rice etc. cold wasnt really a problem. having all my bushcraft equipment...48 days, is really not really that fantastic. im not sure any legit debate is going to be put forward my friend but you can certainly try. its seems that im dealing more so with with a lack of wilderness survival knowledge. no offense.

i dont see anything presented more than doubt to be frank. but nothing more than doubt. im willing to debate. if some reasonable debate is presented.

think im just getting judged and without any substance. ..like i said i have 20 years experience with bushcraft and survival tech.

oh well, i think ill have no problem demonstrating here the considerable experience i have in these matters. not based on opinions and simple preferences. but with experience. and extensive research backed by sound reason.

there was news about it im sure. but i ended up meeting with a group of campers in that area. and eventually after a few days contacted my brothers and friends by phone. what does it it matter buddy. seems to me you have some issues k ..lol. wow, i got lost, gosh 48 days passed. having a well stocked duffle bag. inconceivable huh. dont point your finger at me.
    buddy. you think i care what you believe or think. im sure you know about as much as my pinkie finger as you do about survival.

anytime
    Last edited by Mace; 01-26-2016 at 11:26 PM.

You may have missed my previous post. Any links to the news articles regarding your rescue? Even in a warm climate that would be big news.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    and just one more thing for this thread. 48 days? this indicates to me that you are not very familiar with bushcraft or survival skills,,no offense. however anything that you think you can debate with facts and a reasonable argument. have at it. with fishing gear, a small supply of food. a good camping tarp,hammock and ability to start fire and the skills and knowledge required to survive in the wilderness based on a lifetime of experience. in a warm climate 48 days is nothing to write home about.
    Yea dude, you are basically talking smack to experts in the field, not only of bushcraft but of the area you claim to have gotten so lost in. As was stated, if you were indeed lost for that long, there would be news articles about search and rescue looking for you. We tend to think people who exaggerate are liars. If that's not the case then by all means, give us the details and prove us wrong. You are certainly welcome here but don't try to bull**** us.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Yea dude, you are basically talking smack to experts in the field, not only of bushcraft but of the area you claim to have gotten so lost in. As was stated, if you were indeed lost for that long, there would be news articles about search and rescue looking for you. We tend to think people who exaggerate are liars. If that's not the case then by all means, give us the details and prove us wrong. You are certainly welcome here but don't try to bull**** us.
    maybe you could enlighten me. youre no experts in the field bud. go ahead and talk to me about the area of which i have spoken....buddy these are factual truths not stories.......go ahead,,your experts right...lets test that

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

when i said 50 mile radius it was more a sarcasm for the deep backwoods. being lost and having no way of telling where i was with respect to any near towns. being from cleveland ohio and having no familiarity with the area i was in. searching around aimlessly wasnt really an option. i stayed in the same area. until meeting up with some other hikers. there is no issue here.

if you have a valid argument then you should have no problem demonstrating it...no offense

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    lol, man, im not interested in continuing this. how about explaining what this crap is all about. seriously you know anything about bushcraft or survival. and im just curious. explain to me how anything ive said has come into doubt.....something fantastic about it.......happens all the time to hunters, campers,hikers.

you think i like your attitude jerk off. say something intelligent...until then

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am going to say something intelligent. After reading all this I can understand why no one was looking for you.

As a resident of KY I have been to Johnson County a couple of times. It is not a remote wilderness where they have not run the Indians out yet. Like most of the State it has a population density of 100 people per square mile with only a couple of thousand of them concentrated in Paintville. An interstate shoots straight through it, headed from Louisville/Lexington to West VA, and a couple more major highways bisect it. As small as the town of Paintville is they have a Walmart supercenter, a Lowes and yes, a MacDonald's.

It is almost entirely private property, so you were "surviving" for 48 days on someone's farm and most of those farms are less then 500 acres.

Many people access this website to obtain information on actually surviving either in wilderness situations or in disasters both natural and man made. It is important that the people that are here, giving advice, be accurate and truthful. That is why you are getting such a hassle. This is not a pace where one can come and BS their way into our hearts. We know believable when we hear it.

Your story is unbelievable.

On top of that sticking your knife in a fire long enough to sterilize it will draw the temper from the blade. It is one of the things you don't do to a good knife.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I am going to say something intelligent. After reading all this I can understand why no one was looking for you.

As a resident of KY I have been to Johnson County a couple of times. It is not a remote wilderness where they have not run the Indians out yet. Like most of the State it has a population density of 100 people per square mile with only a couple of thousand of them concentrated in Paintville. An interstate shoots straight through it, headed from Louisville/Lexington to West VA, and a couple more major highways bisect it. As small as the town of Paintville is they have a Walmart supercenter, a Lowes and yes, a MacDonald's.

It is almost entirely private property, so you were "surviving" for 48 days on someone's farm and most of those farms are less then 500 acres.

Many people access this website to obtain information on actually surviving either in wilderness situations or in disasters both natural and man made. It is important that the people that are here, giving advice, be accurate and truthful. That is why you are getting such a hassle. This is not a pace where one can come and BS their way into our hearts. We know believable when we hear it.

Your story is unbelievable.

On top of that sticking your knife in a fire long enough to sterilize it will draw the temper from the blade. It is one of the things you don't do to a good knife.
    not true it takes a huge amount of heat to effect the temper of a blade...boiling temp wont do it. and thats all it takes to sterilize a blade properly. 100 degrees or so... man you are crazy if you think its realistic to suggest its safe practice field dressing, prepare fish and other food, skin rodents and whatever else. all with the same knife without any means of sterilizing your knife.

"Your story is unbelievable." im still waiting for an explanation of why.

the population of the entire county is about 25000 people lol. i really dont think you are as familiar as you come off being with the area of ky surrounding flatgap. and believe it or not. most of the land is owned by my relatives

thus far you offer conjecture. and nothing else. claiming you are familiar with this area. in the complete absence of anything other than pure one liners....im really sorry man. but you are making no argument. you are simply making statements of doubt with no explanations as to why there should be any. offering no proof or evidence that you have any knowledge of what you are talking about.

i mean come on man... am i wrong? besides, im really not interested in arguing.

and sorry bub, people have found themselves lost and in need of rescue in national parks not much bigger than cuyahoga valley national park. the portion of ky that i was in while staying with my brother. is virtually nothing but large hills and deep valleys. and as i said. like any survival professional is going to instruct you to do. i stayed in a confined area. wondering aimlessly could have easily resulted in an even worse situation. there could have been a road right around the corner. but i would have had to navigate valleys and huge foothills to find one with not much promise. doesnt matter.

there is nothing unbelievable or unrealistic about it. its simply something that happened to me in the distant past. i had never been to ky before. the whole expo was set up by my brother. i had no idea of where or how far from the nearest walmart i was lol. was a situation where i did what any and every survival instructor would have suggested

Sorry for seeming rude. fact is i think if you read carefully. you will realize that 1.) i was unfamiliar with the area. 2.) to my tactics were to stay in the vicinity around about the point i realized i had no bearing over were i was with respect to any town. i had no map and had we had all split off from each other as to practice under solo circumstances essentially. the precise location in which we were. was know really only to my brother as this was an area he chose. and realistically could have extended outside of johnson county as far as i know really though i was given the impression we were at least fifty miles from flatgap and painstville from where we left. (really, actually we were staying in flatgap which is close before we left).

we split off basically because i wanted to practice solitary bushcraft. they were using tents and regular cooking wear. and i was attempting to improve my primitive survival skills. carrying food enough to last about two weeks,roman,rice,a little dehydrated hamburger etc(two weeks worth). a regular military issue duffle bag. i had a rip-stop, reinforced camping tarp 10x10, a rope hammock because they are easy to repair among other things. a becker bk9,condore bushcraft parang and cold steel shovel among a few other basic things. my brother after about two weeks knowing around that time. i was out of supplies. notified the police but no extensive search was done..etc. perhaps i put it in a funny way. its nothing special or unbelievable as far as im concerned...simply feel kind of as though im being attacked. and that kind of caught me off guard.
    Last edited by Mace; 01-27-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Sounds like you were toting about 100lbs around with you. You really ought to just give up. Your story has more holes in it than your rope hammock.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The more you talk the less you seem to say, and all of it winds up being a contradiction of something you said three posts earlier.

I think it is best for you to go onto the ignore list at this point.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You jump on here without the bother of an introduction to tell us anything about you then you start spouting lots of "knowledge" and stories. My guess is you are in the young or young adolescent age. If not, your knowledge, especially of geography is sadly lacking. Here's a thought you might ponder upon. If one person calls BS you can ignore them. If two people call BS then you might want to rethink your opinion. When everyone calls BS then you can be pretty certain you have no credibility. Not one person has come to your rescue. In fact, everyone has told you it isn't true yet you persist with this wild story that has no basis in fact and one in which you have offered no supporting documentation. Indeed, you're only support is to alter the subject. No matter how you twist or turn the tale it could not have happened the way you stated it. And you are the one that talked about sticking your knife in the fire. By the way, pathogens are not killed until 160 F and then some will survive above that. That's why medical equipment is autoclaved. But with over 20 years experience you knew that.

I will assure you that both Hunter and Kyrat have more experience in the field than you have taking breath so your attack on them is unwarranted and unappreciated. And...we have a rule on the forum. You are welcome to attack the message but not the messenger. Referring to people as "jerk off" will get you banned poste haste.

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Sounds like you were toting about 100lbs around with you. You really ought to just give up. Your story has more holes in it than your rope hammock.
    right, that sounds about right...

"Sounds like you were toting about 100lbs around with you. You really ought to just give up. Your story has more holes in it than your rope hammock."

go ahead and explain these 'holes' lol

pretty good point about the rope hammock huh ..lol
    Last edited by Mace; 01-27-2016 at 06:50 AM.

I have no idea what that means. Why not just say what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    The more you talk the less you seem to say, and all of it winds up being a contradiction of something you said three posts earlier.

I think it is best for you to go onto the ignore list at this point.
    sure thing,, just after you explain these 'contradictions' lol