Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: should i remove the coat of my becker bk2?

He won't see that since he put you on ignore. That means your posts don't appear to him any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You jump on here without the bother of an introduction to tell us anything about you then you start spouting lots of "knowledge" and stories. My guess is you are in the young or young adolescent age. If not, your knowledge, especially of geography is sadly lacking. Here's a thought you might ponder upon. If one person calls BS you can ignore them. If two people call BS then you might want to rethink your opinion. When everyone calls BS then you can be pretty certain you have no credibility. Not one person has come to your rescue. In fact, everyone has told you it isn't true yet you persist with this wild story that has no basis in fact and one in which you have offered no supporting documentation. Indeed, you're only support is to alter the subject. No matter how you twist or turn the tale it could not have happened the way you stated it. And you are the one that talked about sticking your knife in the fire. By the way, pathogens are not killed until 160 F and then some will survive above that. That's why medical equipment is autoclaved. But with over 20 years experience you knew that.

I will assure you that both Hunter and Kyrat have more experience in the field than you have taking breath so your attack on them is unwarranted and unappreciated. And...we have a rule on the forum. You are welcome to attack the message but not the messenger. Referring to people as "jerk off" will get you banned poste haste.
    "your knowledge, especially of geography is sadly lacking" ....i see, you simply havent managed to actually explain it

test my knowledge buddy ..lol you talk on and make no valid points at all.. explaining nothing. "my story is fild with holes" etc lol,

if you call bs,,,then at least explain what constitutes it as bs lol. not some one liners and accusations.

goof, what the **** do you know,, what have you said the discredits or sheds any doubt on anything ive said lol, nothing.

Actually, I don't have to explain anything. You seem to be the only one on here that doesn't understand. The only person not seeing you for what you are is you.

When you quote me at least make it a real quote. No where in my post did I say, "My story is fild with holes". That appears to be a Freudian slip on your part. And by the way, I'm not your buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Actually, I don't have to explain anything. You seem to be the only one on here that doesn't understand. The only person not seeing you for what you are is you.

When you quote me at least make it a real quote. No where in my post did I say, "My story is fild with holes". That appears to be a Freudian slip on your part. And by the way, I'm not your buddy.
    that wasnt your quote and didnt apply to you.

im simply waiting to here some realistic argument. rather than just mere doubt for no clearly explained reason.

i can simply check google earth. many of my family live in ky. and i can post the area. what difference does it make? it pretty clear that you guys havent actually read through this thread.

anyway, wen you can provide anything more than simple doubt without any reasoning or real facts behind it. ill be happy to listen lol

This is growing tiresome.

"carrying food enough to last about two weeks,roman,rice,a little dehydrated hamburger etc(two weeks worth). a regular military issue duffle bag. i had a rip-stop, reinforced camping tarp 10x10, a rope hammock because they are easy to repair among other things. a becker bk9,condore bushcraft parang and cold steel shovel among a few other basic ."

""Sounds like you were toting about 100lbs around with you. You really ought to just give up. Your story has more holes in it than your rope hammock.""

later, ill take every statement i have made in this thread arrange them into one post. so we can see how "little sense i make" and all these contradictions lol

No you won't. You're done. Me thinks the young man is a legend in his own mind.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Wow, this can go right up there with Blade...
    You don't suppose it's the knife that alters the mind?.....Put visions of the misty mountains, in your head .... adventures that will amaze the all the admiring audience.....?

Just gonna add....any one that got lost for 48 days,.... from a controlled group, ..in an area that most likely can hear the traffic on the highway....with your brother running the outing, ..with no one looking for you....with 20 years experience....and 2 week worth of food, and a knife.....and didn't die?

Must not be very good at bushcraft,...people don't like you, not even your brother....or completely full of BS
    I think if I were you,... Mace....next time your brother wants to take a group out.....stay in your basement....as apparently he isn't very good at it, either.

Actually all that had to happen back when was just admit that,... Yeah maybe the 50 miles was 5 miles, and the 48 days was really maybe 48 hours, or minutes....was just funnin'.......an moved on?...
    Who knows.....

Thanks, it was fun, though......
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-27-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I thought it interesting that he went hiking with "a regular military issue duffle bag". I suppose with as much time under his belt as he has he's figured out a way to hoss that bad boy much easier than other folks. Silly me, I take a backpack.

Wow, the things I miss when not logged on...

But I do have to agree with Mace, you are all a bunch of jerks. The Lifetime movie of the month will feature Mace in his odyssey, "The True Story of Mace: Alone in the Wilds of Kentucky and How He Survived".
    Sponsored of course by Bear Gryllis.

When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
    Wow, the things I miss when not logged on...

But I do have to agree with Mace, you are all a bunch of jerks. The Lifetime movie of the month will feature Mace in his odyssey, "The True Story of Mace: Alone in the Wilds of Kentucky and How He Survived".
    Sponsored of course by Bear Gryllis.

...and how he survived despite his brother trying to keep him lost.....for 48 days......LOL

"Stay right here, I'll be right back....remember you are 50 miles away for anything."
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-27-2016 at 03:32 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I went to bed promising myself I would have some computer discipline today and not get tangled up in the story of Blade II, so I stayed off the computer until just now.

So suddenly I have one of those all fired important decisions to make. I can go back and read all the posts and insults of this self absorbed Cretan, or go pick up the toy I ordered and the gun shop just called and told me was in.

OK decision made. I'll see you guys in a couple of hours.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    ...and how he survived despite his brother trying to keep him lost.....for 48 days......LOL

"Stay right here, I'll be right back....remember you are 50 miles away for anything."
    Yeah, the whole story stank of BS. But hey! The movie is going to be a blast!
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Wow. I was quoted 4 times in the same thread. It's been a great January for me on the forums: I finally posted 1000 time without saying"Hi" to anyone and it only took me 7 years. I also took part in a fruitcake toss that only took one post. Ain't that something?
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Wow. I was quoted 4 times in the same thread. It's been a great January for me on the forums: I finally posted 1000 time without saying"Hi" to anyone and it only took me 7 years. I also took part in a fruitcake toss that only took one post. Ain't that something?
    Make it 5....LOL

Was kinda waiting on the traditional "Tic-Toc"......certain sign things are going south.

Of course it was kind of buried in an old thread.......

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The really bad thing about this is that the action is feasible, it was the asinine presentation and side story that was unbelievable!

I spent most of the summer of 2001 on the AT and camping the TN/KY border. Probably 80 days total, don't know, didn't count.

But the pack load-outs were reasonable, and there were supply runs, contacts with home so the kids would not worry and I remember one totally awesome steak and baked potato at a place just north of Pisqua National forest. I have forgotten some of that summer but that steak I will remember for the rest of my life!

Did I learn or test any survival skills??

I am sure I did, you always do when you are out and about, but there was no illegal fishing or trapping of small game out of season or escape and evasion scenarios or people ditching me and not coming back to find me.

And I did not have the need for a big honkin' killer knife at any point during that whole summer.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 01-27-2016 at 08:59 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

He's probably still sitting in his parents basement trying to figure out why we didn't believe him.........after all........he posted it on the internet so it has to be true.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel