Thread: Grapevine Hammock

Default Grapevine Hammock

I am not sure if this is my own idea, if it is not, please inform me!
    Would you rather this than a raised bed?

My YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/Survivin...ature=mhee#p/u
    Last edited by SurvivingtoThriving; 12-08-2011 at 09:57 AM.

That's actually an interesting concept that I've not seen before. It's sort of like a swamp bed in hammock style. I'd bet if you added some evergreen bows or some type of grass or brush (non poisonous of course) to the hammock it might be a bit more comfortable. But for longer term, especially on wet ground, that looks like it would be a decent option. Good post! Had to give you some rep.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That's actually an interesting concept that I've not seen before. It's sort of like a swamp bed in hammock style. I'd bet if you added some evergreen bows or some type of grass or brush (non poisonous of course) to the hammock it might be a bit more comfortable. But for longer term, especially on wet ground, that looks like it would be a decent option. Good post! Had to give you some rep.
    Thanks, and make sure you don't use poison ivy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I thought some evergreen bows sounded like a good idea when I watched it also. Cool idea SurvivingtoThriving! It reminded me of the bambo hammock Dave made in one of the dual survivor episodes.
    Last edited by Sparky93; 12-08-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Nicely done.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

cool idea Ithink ever green bows sound like a good idea also

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky93 View Post
    I thought some evergreen bows sounded like a good idea when I watched it also. Cool idea SurvivingtoThriving! It reminded me of the bambo hammock Dave made in one of the dual survivor episodes.
    Yes, I agree, I watched that too.

Great job and I wouldnt worry about using the cordage unless you were surviving naked you would always have something to use as cord.
    "The sky's blue, water's wet, and sh&t happens." Bruce Willis The Last Boy Scout

"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes. If you F*#& with me. I'll kill you all."
    USMC Gen. James Mattis to Iraqi tribal leaders