Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: obsession or passion

Default obsession or passion

my ex always said i was paranoid but prepared. i think about wilderness survival all the time i have an hour plus drive to work and i'm always thinking of survival i have topo maps off the area i live and work in and am always going over them i spend any free time on this forum and allot of others learning everything i can, everyone here knows my passion is wild edibles and i studying them constantly i have over 100 books dedicated to survival and self sufficent lifestyle and primitive skills i am currently building two bunkers on my property and storing supplies and always trying to practice my skills. this is not fear based this is what i enjoy my hobby if you will, my wife is the same with her wildlife rehab stuff she says i'm obsessed i say i'm passionate about this.

what about you.

always be prepared.

non-senior senior member Assassin Pilot's Avatar

Hmmm.... I think you just have a good hobby. For some it is modifying their cars or making their house the best in the neighborhood. It would be obsession if instead of say, going to work you would call in sick to work on your bunker. If it is all you want to do, then it is obsession. It will remain a hobby as long as it does not interfere with your daily life. I suppose there is some controversy on the borderline between the 2, and it can often be flexible.
    "He who throws dirt is losing ground"

WE - I guess neither. I just think planning for a disaster is a necessity much like everything else in life. I don't particularly believe in some global calamity but recognize that it could happen. My planning is more on the local, natural disaster level. No bunkers or stockpiles. And it really isn't a hobby. 1. I believe the ancient ways need to be taught to our children because they are being lost. Call it respect for my fore fathers or whatever. 2. I grow tomatoes in my garden so why wouldn't I supplement that from Mother Nature's garden. 3. I've always hunted so I have weapons for that and protection. Let's face it, evil does walk the planet. 4. I just like being outdoors.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

WE: Is it being obsessed making sure your auto, home or life insurance is paid up. Of course not. We don't plan to have accidents, but we want to be prepared. I feel that I am alot more confident because I'm prepared. No scrambling around like a chicken with no head as an emergency approaches. It's nice that preparedness is one of you passions. You and your family will benefit from it. Even if it's just giving you the peace of mind that makes your daily living more enjoyable. More power to ya.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ah, geeez. Now I gotta take back the stuff I said about men in subs. That post made way to much sense. Nice!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I agree with AP: hobby

For me it's also a bit of a mindset where I try to cut down on everything when I go hiking/camping but it's certainly not a lifestyle
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

For me its more of being prepaired, I like to go into the bush for a day or two at a time to learn these skills but i dont really have it as a hobby, Although i supose you could call it that.
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Ah, geeez. Now I gotta take back the stuff I said about men in subs.
    Nah. It was probably all true.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Nah. It was probably all true.
    Shhhh, Let him do it and keep him occupied well we steal all the twinkies
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Will work (read steal) for twinkies!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

(stringing razor wire around twinkie bunker) Dang! Cut myself again. Ya'll keep you cotton pickin' hand off of my twinkies!

(stringing razor wire around twinkie bunker) Dang! Cut myself again. Ya'll keep you cotton pickin' hand off of my twinkies!
    Never, Me and my bangalore torpedo will teach you a thing or two

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaboom! Ahhhh. Twinkie heaven.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

(military dictionary....bang...banga....bangalore:

N. Folk stories about banga. Typically disseminated to younger members of the community. Ex: When I was a youngun, we had fields full of a banga. Why, you couldn't hardly walk across 'em there was so much of the stuff."

N. A lot of ban. EX: Lordy, Jake. I'm tellin' ya we had ban galore. It was all over the place. Nearly as much ban as we had banga.

You think I'm afraid of that?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Kaboom! Ahhhh. Twinkie heaven.
    Muahahahahahahaha We are rich i tell ya !

(military dictionary....bang...banga....bangalore:

N. Folk stories about banga. Typically disseminated to younger members of the community. Ex: When I was a youngun, we had fields full of a banga. Why, you couldn't hardly walk across 'em there was so much of the stuff."

N. A lot of ban. EX: Lordy, Jake. I'm tellin' ya we had ban galore. It was all over the place. Nearly as much ban as we had banga.

You think I'm afraid of that?
    That ? Nope

This:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangalore_torpedo

Yes

But I don't live in Bangalore so your fiendish plan is thwarted again!

Guess we'll just have to use the new Indianalore models Tony.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

But I don't live in Bangalore so your fiendish plan is thwarted again!
    Fine then,

Im useing a Shermen tank

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

With flail I see. Perhaps I should just surrender now before I'm given 50 lashes with the thing.