Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: You DON'T need a battle rifle.

Oh, Oh....this might be bad......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Might be? The only person I wouldn't want to tangle with worse than 1st is Winnie......or B.......Oh, or Nell.....or BornThatWay....or....Oh, it's gonna be baaaaaaaad.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Bad indeed. Anybody want to escape to Florida to watch the carnage?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Popcorn - check.
    Chair - check.
    Bullet proof glass - check.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You, uh, do know there are LADIES on here from AK, right? My only fear is the shock wave may reach all the way to me. Well, it's been nice knowing you, Tresmon. However short it was.
    Umm I missed something. ?? Okay yes there are Ladies on here. Check... there's lots and lots of ladies in the lower 48. Makes sense.
    I never been to AK... and was told there were not many ladies there at all. ?? That it's predominatly a male population. ??? Nice knowing me? I'm really lost. And it was related to me that the marriage/divorce/marriage again divorce again culture of the lower 48 states is well a lower 48 thing.

??? somebody draw me a picture? I have never been there. Why do I feel like the naive juvenile that doesn't get the joke?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

TresMon, could you stand a little farther away. Over there. No further. I don't want to get spattered when the ladies ON HERE get to you.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    TresMon, could you stand a little farther away. Over there. No further. I don't want to get spattered when the ladies ON HERE get to you.

LOL.
    Is the man to woman ratio in AK a taboo or something?????????? Or is the ratio just like in the 48 and someone was pulling my leg?
    Thanks,
    Tres

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I think it was the "loose your turn" comment that got you killed.

DEAD MAN WALKING!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I think it was the "loose your turn" comment that got you killed.

DEAD MAN WALKING!
    Why is that? I mean I live here in the south and I have "lost my turn." Back when I was a young fella me and a girlfriend would get in a fuss and break up- "loose a turn" as I was told it was said in AK. Then we'd get back together. It's just what silly young'uns do. The fella That told me that term, Pete, (said he was from a spec of a town called Mosquito Lake, AK) also said some other sayings I had never heard. He had some unique sayings. Neat guy. I helped him change his tire on his truck. That's why we ended up jawing.
    Gosh that was years ago I was a pup.
    Thanks,
    Tres

They are just messing with you Tresmon.

Some time after WWII, men became concerned over women's opinion and started to fear their wrath.

Not me, just look at all the elected officlas after womens suffrage.

(hope I drew some of your fire Tresmon. "I'm up, I'm moving, I'm down")
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

. . . . . . Attachment 7176. . . . . . . .

Well I am not afraid of women in the least. I grew up with 6 sisters, and am now living with 2 girlfriends. As long as they know who's boss everthing is OK. My current girls are very laid back and sweet, but my sisters were meaner than snakes! But they taught me a lot of valuable lessons on getting along with women.
    These hard learned secrets are all mine and I am not sharing them with any of you guys............buahahahahaha!

Not afraid. That's because they aren't reading what you're writing. Not afraid, indeed.

Steps slowly away from chat.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What have I done??

Um.. quick.... uh-

HEY what do yall think about having a bayonet for your .22 in case of a zombie attack?!?!?!?

Hello? anyone? Nothing, nothing but crickets chirping. uh-oh.
    Thanks,
    Tres

Default fun readin

This has been fun to read.------Sure lost track of -- whatever the fallout was on need for battle rifle?
    I can`t help tellin ya`ll, I carry a cast net , two 4" jaw traps , one 380 hideout , one over under 20 gauge/22. I figure I will have more luck finding 22 ammo than any of the "exotics". Got a real good water filter, got a fire starter that I shave magnesium off of and I want ya`ll to know, that is the easiest and best way to go for fire tech. I carry five knives. got all needs covered. My wife came across the same idea about - how much weight are you carrying-- We weighed my kit and it comes to 37 pounds. Them Kim talked me into two inflatable bladders for flotation. My kids are grown and gone. If me and Kim ain`t fightin when the crap happens , well , I`ll be very capable of taking care of us. If we are fighten then I`m goin to be some kinda pissed for her makin me go to all the extra.---------- And she will pay with many denied dreams . jude24&25
    stay alert Canable

Not afraid. That's because they aren't reading what you're writing. Not afraid, indeed.
    I do not fear women in the least! I told my girls that when they start becoming a pain in the rear, it is time to go. I do not put up with arguing and fighting, it's that simple. We are not married so they can be put on the road with no problems.
    But in their defense, they are very sweet polite girls, and I think they hate fighting as much as I do, so we really never have those kinds of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I do not fear women in the least! I told my girls that when they start becoming a pain in the rear, it is time to go. I do not put up with arguing and fighting, it's that simple. We are not married so they can be put on the road with no problems.
    But in their defense, they are very sweet polite girls, and I think they hate fighting as much as I do, so we really never have those kinds of problems.
    Just remember, ya gotta sleep sometime....more difficult with two......carry on.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I just thought of something, if after a SHTF situation you are savaging for ammo. If you find ammo I would think a gun of the same caliber would be close, because who would take the gun and leave the ammo....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

The guy that took the gun and all the ammo he could carry.