Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just A Suggestion.

That is a fine post. That's the first time I think you've posted on drying salmon. A few questions. Is that a yearly thing for you? About how many pounds (if you know) do you dry? And how long does last (do you use it all over the winter)?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Woo Hoo Americorp!!!!
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Yes, folks, it's true. You, too, CAN NOW become a HERMIT in ONLY 14 EASY LESSONS. Until our recent,( patent pending), scientific breakthrough, it took years of blind, unguided, mucking about, down one dead-end trail after another, wandering aimlessly through the mire and morass of wannabe hermithood, frequently ending up in "THE CUBICLE". But, now, for a limited time and not available in stores, the 14 easy steps to guaranteed hermitism is available to selected applicants who posess the necessary skills, drive, attitude, and financial attributes. CALL NOW FOR YOUR FREE APPLICATION FORM. (Just pay separate shipping and handling)
    "I'd rather be rich than stupid. Unfortunately, I didn't get to pick first." - hossthehermit

Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are. God bless those little hermits down there in New Guinea.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by hossthehermit View Post
    Yes, folks, it's true. You, too, CAN NOW become a HERMIT in ONLY 14 EASY LESSONS. Until our recent,( patent pending), scientific breakthrough, it took years of blind, unguided, mucking about, down one dead-end trail after another, wandering aimlessly through the mire and morass of wannabe hermithood, frequently ending up in "THE CUBICLE". But, now, for a limited time and not available in stores, the 14 easy steps to guaranteed hermitism is available to selected applicants who posess the necessary skills, drive, attitude, and financial attributes. CALL NOW FOR YOUR FREE APPLICATION FORM. (Just pay separate shipping and handling)

(Batteries not included.
    )
    And if you act NOW, you'll also get a set of ear plugs and the Soft Comfort Deluxe Sleep Mask for a complete, cut-to -the-chase, I'm a hermit, effect.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

For craps sake, don't forget the GINSU knives. Oh wait, I also will thow in a Popiel Pocket Fisher.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That is a fine post. That's the first time I think you've posted on drying salmon. A few questions. Is that a yearly thing for you? About how many pounds (if you know) do you dry? And how long does last (do you use it all over the winter)?
    That's actually my friend's fish. They need 5,000 a year to feed their kennel of dogs. You can read about it in my blog under A Fowl Adventure if you'd like. To get to their house, 6 hour drive, park on the riverbank, they pick me up in their boat, go up the river 7 miles, park the boat, take the ATVs a few miles up the trail they cut themselves, to their hand built cabin. They run Bush Alaska Expeditions and haul all sorts of people from researchers, scientists, and Sierra Club people into the arctic with their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    Woo Hoo Americorp!!!!
    Yep, I was a supervisor for several years (and all I got was a lousy vest, not really).
    Last edited by 1stimestar; 12-02-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Crimeny. How do people find places like that? Do they just get lost in the wilderness and wind up someplace and think, "This would be a dandy place to build a cabin"? I'll bet getting their morning Starbuck's is a *****.

"Brrrrrr. It's -45F out there."
    "You be careful. Make mine a java chip frappuccino this morning."
    "Looks like we had another foot of snow. I'll be back by lunch."

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Crimeny. How do people find places like that? Do they just get lost in the wilderness and wind up someplace and think, "This would be a dandy place to build a cabin"? I'll bet getting their morning Starbuck's is a *****.

"Brrrrrr. It's -45F out there."
    "You be careful. Make mine a java chip frappuccino this morning."
    "Looks like we had another foot of snow. I'll be back by lunch."
    He was looking for land and knew somebody who knew somebody who might have some for sale...