Thread: How can I improve my slingshot?

Default How can I improve my slingshot?

I'm attempting to make a slingshot and I was trying to find some last minute tips. I found a big branch I'm going to cut the base part of it from. Obviously I'm going to remove the bark. Once I get some very thick rubber bands I'm going to take 4 of them and loop them around some holes in an old shoe sole. Is there any specific way I should tie or just in general connect the rubber bands to the shoe sole and the stick? Any other advice?

I prefer surgical tubing and a good wrist rest. That said, around here, you'll get a fine and have it confiscated if an officer of the law happens to see you with it. Don't imagine GB is any less leniant...

There is no fine for possessing a sling shot here,in fact all the stores sell them,and sell the replacement rubbers as well.Not sure if you can get a strong enough rubber band to be effective making your own,however,if you get those rubber strips they wrap around your around arm when drawing blood,it would greatly improve your sling shot,not your aim mind you,that takes practice.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Several things to comment on here.

First is that Artichowel is not in Great Britian, he is in New England, which is part of the U.S., which England is not.

Second, I know of no law outside of an urban area restriction that prohibits slingshots. The police have more important things to worry about.

Third, is the general lack of ability to find information or just figure things out in general. I was making fine examples of the slingshot art when I was but 6-7 years of age. It is not rocket science.

If you just absolutely, positively must have help on this one there are several good sources.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Sling-Shot
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

For the bands, you can use "Thera Bands". You can get them at any medical supply outlet and they com in different strengths.
    I know what hunts you.

you can buy the band at kmart in the sporting goods area with pocket already added

Lowe's and Home Depot also have a good selection of tubing for all kinds of purposes in the plumbing department. I bought the surgical tubing for my FAK and some 1/4" clear tubing for a flexible drinking straw.

Can you shoot like this man? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0
    Dave

Face Fear With Knowledge

fear: is defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat

Knowledge: is defined as (i) expertise, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject