Thread: Happy thanksgiving day to all!!!!!!!

Default Happy thanksgiving day to all!!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite days. All ready this morning there (6:16 am) there is the smell of apple pie , roasting turkey and ham in the air!!! It is a day to be thankful for a healthy family, robust and rowdy kids and a chance to be so "bad" about eating goodies and playing board days with the kids. Hope you all have a great day also. WHat are your plans for the day?
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Aaah, let the day begin!! As I wrote the original post, what comes out of the oven but mini corn bread loaves!!!!! Some with sausage, some with jalepano peppers, some of course plain. I of course felt obligated to assume the quality control duties. I am pleased to announce that I have deemed them extremely adequate for human consumption. I also recieved a half hearted reprimand for eating too much,, aah,, so my day begins
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 11-24-2011 at 08:31 AM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

My plans? Sounds like I'm heading to Pal's house. The wife is busy cooking/baking and all the kids and grand kids will arrive in one joyous if not loud celebration. We have much to be thankful for.

For anyone stationed away from home this Thanksgiving thank you for your service and know that others are thinking of you. I hope your day is a good one despite being away from home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I'm so very thankful! I'm thankful for being saved and loved unconditionally. I'm thankful I recently got to work for a month with Eugene and He told me about this board. Thanks for letting me come aboard fellers.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Tres
    Website has been updated for 2012!! http://wildernessmeans.com/

NOTE: I'm a machinist, gunsmith, writer, and instructor of many outdoor topics looking for gainful employment in any geographical cool place to live. Resumes posted on website.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

How many of you know the real story behind Thanksgiving?

Did you know that the Pilgrims spent the first winter aboard the Mayflower? They arrived here too late to build shelter and the first winter was brutal so most stayed on board the ship where they suffered from scurvy, exposure and contagious disease in those close quarters. Of the 102 that left Plymouth, England only 50 odd would survive the first winter. A pretty shaky start of things.

Back up a few years.......A raiding expedition by an unscrupulous English captain took a Pawtuxet native into slavery. He took a circuitous route but eventually landed in London and joined an expedition to the Americas where he promptly escaped. One of the things he picked up in his slavery was the English language. His name was Squanto.

Advance forward to the first spring. The colonists leave the Mayflower and begin to build a settlement. They are met by an Abenaki Indian that greeted them in English! Imagine their surprise. He returned a couple of days later with another Indian. The very one that had taught him English. Yes, it was Squanto. Amazing turn of events don't you think?

Squanto did a lot of things for the colonists. He taught them how to farm corn and squash, how to extract sap from trees, fish and about local plants. He also brokered an alliance between the colonists and the local Wampanoag Indians, which sort of controlled the area.

It was through Squanto's efforts that the colonists had a successful harvest and the first Thanksgiving was in celebration of that harvest. One of the founders, Edward Winslow, kept a very famous chronicle of the early colonist's adventures. While he did not record the exact meal, he did state that Governor Bradford sent men on a fowling mission, presumably turkey, and the Indians brought five deer to the feast. Sugar supplies aboard the Mayflower had dwindled so it's a good bet there were no pies or sweets that we normally associate with Thanksgiving but it was a joyous occasion, I'm sure, because it lasted for three days! And that was the first Thanksgiving held in November, 1621. Now you know.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

HAppY ThaNKsGivINg!

Willie
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

Happy Thanksgiving to all....started out getting up early and spent 4 hours in the deer blind....but I guess they all went to dinner with relitives, didn't see any.
    Now it lunch, football, nap then dinner, maybe nap again......and staying away from shopping.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

happy thanksgiving& thank you for sharing Rick

I hope you all have a good one. I'm off to get the turkey in the oven!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my extended family,I hope you have had a wonderful day,and got wayyyy too full!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Now it is quiet time, a full belly, and the house is finally quiet, all the youngins have gone home. The women folks gave up waiting for help with the dishes, so we guys had a chance to sip a bit of the good stuff and relax. We did have the opportunity to IM a friend who is Afghanistan, wishing him a safe time for the remainder of his tour and catching up on his adventures. All in all, we are thankful for our lives and for the folks still serving to protect us. Hope your day was pleasant and safe