Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last post

Default Last post

Ok folks,

Last night was indeed a melee, and to an extent I'll apologize for my actions.

Now, lets get on to the service bashing part of this

Air Force Puke? AIR FARCE? Sitting miles behind the line? Wow, I must of missed something.

I was on the ground during Just Cause in December of 1989. My team hit the ground running in 1990 for Desert Shield. I was there for Restore Hope in early 1993. 1995-2000 had me hopping in and out of Bosnia (We worked out of San Vito AB and flew out of Brindisi...BTW I dont recommend the Minerva Hotel for any type of leisure stay). After that, It was OEF-P after 911 and other parts unnamed in Asia, then retirement.

Am I trying to quantify my service? By all means no. whether you were a Ranger in the heat every day or a Navy Corpsman at home station, you all played a vital part in the cause for Uncle Sam.

Am I thin-skinned? Not in the least. But I can tell This is not the place for an Air Force Puke (As Beowulf so elegantly put it right here http://http://www.wilderness-surviva...?t=1756&page=2) So I will indeed depart your lovely Army based forum

Peace out

BatCat
    ---Cavette Cattam--

Blog Entries

You have to be kidding me.

You're going to leave because Beo and a few gave you a hard time?

We Marines let the Army run it here until they lose it, then we'll get it back for them.

Grab your nuts hoss and get in the chow line.

Oh yeh, Beo, within the first week, made a few statements that put those made by you to shame. Talk about a beat down, he survived.
    Last edited by FVR; 02-09-2008 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatCat View Post
    Not in the least. But I can tell This is not the place for an Air Force Puke (As Beowulf so elegantly put it right here http://http://www.wilderness-surviva...?t=1756&page=2) So I will indeed depart your lovely Army based forum

Peace out

BatCat
    Well BatCat - thanks for your service. As far as the Army based forum???? As best I can recall, my 21 years in the Submarine Service were in the Navy, not Army. And just another hunch - many of the members have not served in any branch of the service. So what? Remember - if ya don't start no s***, there won't be no s***!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

BatCat,I agree with the others here,dont go,and I too will offer my apologies for what I said/did in that post as well,but if the remark had been made against you,I would have said something as well,my first response to Beo was not a kind one on here as well,and he is one of my best friends on here ,And I beLIEve I gave Rick some kind of heck when he was new.

But we all got over it and moved on.

So that's where that bruise came from. You know, it's taking a long time to heal. You hit HARD!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    So that's where that bruise came from. You know, it's taking a long time to heal. You hit HARD!
    Yep and you been here how long???

A few months.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-09-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    beLIEve
    haha, that will never get old

O.ooooo can i try ?
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

if you run that fast it just re enforces my ideas about certain special ops

rangers lead the way

Very childish - all around.
    Raised By Bears
    Bear Clan

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation What the heck?

I wasn't online for this problem last night. All I can say is that any serviceman that has been in the thick of things knows that it takes more than the man next to you to get the mission done. I respect the duties of all servicemen. That's not to say we don't take jabs at each other now and then. But, if anyone wants to dish it out more seriously than that, they should be standing face to face when they do it, not on the web in a forum like this.
    BatCat, if you take the time to get to know the regulars on this forum, you will find they are not so bad. You will not like the opinions of everyone, so just don't feed into them. There are many serviceman on this site, I myself a Marine, most are great. I would encourage you to give it a bit more time before you make a decision to leave.
    Semper Fi, PHIL
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    A true relationship is built upon those three natural stages.

-confrontation: the moment where forces are gauged. Without confrontation, forces cannot recognize each others.

-forgiveness: the moment which comes after recognizing one another, when we can truly accept to position ourselves in rapport to the other.

-collaboration: the moment when we can "do" together, because a common language finally exists, a common goal, a common direction.
    Nice way to look at it Remy... It's time to move on.
    I read through last nights thread, it was very disappointing. Things got out of hand. The best thing for everyone and the site is for that thread to be deleted. It makes the site look bad, I know better but new visitors may not.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Blog Entries

Cool You gotta be kidding me!

Does this dude hang with Ranger Rick? No, wait, R.R. is Army! Sheesh, talk about "over-sensitive"! Sorry I wasn't on last night guys, but I gotta late-night route on Fridays now. Somebody send an apology to the Air-Force before they bomb Chis' house, Ok?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I think I agree with PGV, Sarge. If that post can be deleted, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Does this dude hang with Ranger Rick? No, wait, R.R. is Army! Sheesh, talk about "over-sensitive"! Sorry I wasn't on last night guys, but I gotta late-night route on Fridays now. Somebody send an apology to the Air-Force before they bomb Chis' house, Ok?
    Bombs are very accurate weapons, In fact they are the most accurate weapon any army can want, They are 100% garanteed to always hit the ground.
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

What? But I just bought a truck load of anti-gravity bombs. They are supposed to deliver them tomorrow if they don't float away. Man! I've been horn swoggled again!

What? But I just bought a truck load of anti-gravity bombs. They are supposed to deliver them tomorrow if they don't float away. Man! I've been horn swoggled again!
    No problem, Just send back the order and buy some normal ones

Or send them to me so i can experiment with underground bombing

City Survivalist Proud American's Avatar

Dang those are some impressive missions you were in BatCat! Beo look what you've done scared another one away(say this whith no hard feelins RR was a whiny Ranger). Wisjh you would stay Cat though.
    Proud American

Here lies my great advice from my years of experience......

Speaking of underground bombing....I watched a flick on the Military Channel this afternoon that the Brits tunneled beneath the Jerries trenches and underground bunkers in WWI in France and planted several hundred pounds of TNT. The explosion was heard in London. The crater must have been over 100 meters across. One heck of a hole. One of the largest underground mining operations in wartime history. The Viet Cong will never be beaten on that title.